This girl always agrees to go somewhere with me but...

Hugo112211

I've went to go eat/hangout with this girl three times already. I can tell she is interested in me but whenever we hangout it's never just us two. A mutual friend we both know and trust always comes with us. However, I did specify once if we can both hangout alone. She said "ok but thats awkward". I asked her why it was awkward and thank god. She said it is awkward because I don't talk much. I plan on revealing my feelings for her pretty soon and asking her out. Does it seem she is interested?

Thats the part that I cringe at when I read it

Is it possible she's just really, REALLY shy when it comes to a guy she likes and invites a mutual friend along so she feels more comfortable?

- I suppose so, yes. Seeing as you guys are young, it's entirely possible she has no idea how to act around someone she likes.

Is it possible she just isn't into you even if she hasn't said anything to indicate so?

- Entirely. Seeing as you guys have mutual friends and hang out together, she might think it'll just make it awkward if she makes her feelings for you clear. Or is scared you might not want to be even her friend.

The solution to the above questions?

- Man up and ask her out. Call her and do it NOW. Or the very next time you see her. We can only speculate on here. At the end of the day, only she knows how she feels. And so you need to ask her if she won't offer the info.

Good luck! I expect an update tomorrow! :D

• Author
Is it possible she's just really, REALLY shy when it comes to a guy she likes and invites a mutual friend along so she feels more comfortable?

- I suppose so, yes. Seeing as you guys are young, it's entirely possible she has no idea how to act around someone she likes.

Is it possible she just isn't into you even if she hasn't said anything to indicate so?

- Entirely. Seeing as you guys have mutual friends and hang out together, she might think it'll just make it awkward if she makes her feelings for you clear. Or is scared you might not want to be even her friend.

The solution to the above questions?

- Man up and ask her out. Call her and do it NOW. Or the very next time you see her. We can only speculate on here. At the end of the day, only she knows how she feels. And so you need to ask her if she won't offer the info.

Good luck! I expect an update tomorrow! :D

Thanks for your reply. I just asked her if she wants to go with me somewhere and just us two. She admitted that she is shy but finally agreed to just go with just us two

• Like 1

Congrats, Hugo!

Now I would suggest you DO NOT go and confess feelings the first time you two are alone together.

Give her a chance to get to know you in a context outside of a group. Flirt a little. Don't get too pushy with trying anything physical, just have a nice time and learn about each other BY YOURSELVES.

• Like 1
DazedandConfused8
I've went to go eat/hangout with this girl three times already. I can tell she is interested in me but whenever we hangout it's never just us two. A mutual friend we both know and trust always comes with us. However, I did specify once if we can both hangout alone. She said "ok but thats awkward". I asked her why it was awkward and thank god. She said it is awkward because I don't talk much. I plan on revealing my feelings for her pretty soon and asking her out. Does it seem she is interested?

No, she's not interested; that's why she keeps the mutual friend there! You're going to need to have those alone 'dates' or 'hangouts' to see how you two connect alone before you can tell if she's interested.

DazedandConfused8
What if shes shy? Wouldnt it make sense to bring a talkative person to light things up between 2 shy people?

Why would two shy people bring a talkative person? The two shy people would enjoy the quiet they'd have between the two of them :p

DazedandConfused8
Congrats, Hugo!

Now I would suggest you DO NOT go and confess feelings the first time you two are alone together.

Give her a chance to get to know you in a context outside of a group. Flirt a little. Don't get too pushy with trying anything physical, just have a nice time and learn about each other BY YOURSELVES.

Reading your update, I would agree with this ^ . Just take the time to do things slowly and do something you can both enjoy. If shyness/not talking a lot is an issue, go see a movie.

• Author
Congrats, Hugo!

Thanks. I wanna say though that when I asked her why she is not entirely good with just us two being alone, she admitted to me she is shy. Then, I told her there's no need to be shy because we've hung out before. Then she agreed to go with me to this certain place.

• Author
Reading your update, I would agree with this ^ . Just take the time to do things slowly and do something you can both enjoy. If shyness/not talking a lot is an issue, go see a movie.

Yea I think revealing feelings is not a good idea at this point. I will take things slow as well

• Author
Congrats, Hugo!

I also wanna admit that we're not 18 years of age. We're 16. Sorry for lying about the age. Privacy issue.

I also wanna admit that we're not 18 years of age. We're 16. Sorry for lying about the age. Privacy issue.

Okay. That makes a WORLD of difference. It has nothing to do with privacy but the fact that you guys are just in the process of figuring all this out.

Thanks for 'fessing up.

• Author
Okay. That makes a WORLD of difference. It has nothing to do with privacy but the fact that you guys are just in the process of figuring all this out.

Thanks for 'fessing up.

May I ask what difference this makes?

She's not the least bit shy. She was straight up with you when you asked her why. She thinks you're not outgoing enough to be more than friends with.

• Author
She's not the least bit shy. She was straight up with you when you asked her why. She thinks you're not outgoing enough to be more than friends with.

Well it doesn't take a shy person to not admit they're shy. In fact, what reasons would withhold a shy person from admitting they're shy? I can also confirm she is shy by recognizing what she does