40+ would you date someone never married?

I mean, whatever blows your hair back.

But there are some pretty amazing people who were once married. It was a committed relationship that didn't work, not HIV.

Just as with cheating, there is a very good chance they'll get divorced again.

Just as with cheating, there is a very good chance they'll get divorced again.

And there's a good chance that the never before married woman that you date and then decide to marry will get divorced as well.

There are no guarantees.

• Like 2
Has it ever dawned on some of you that a person who's X number of years old but never married, might be that way due to out-and-out bad luck???

In my case, I'm not a highly social person, but the reason why I dumped my 1st date was because she was a pothead who let music rule her life... I dumped the other 3 because all of them were mean-spirited. I can't imagine being married to women like those.

So if anyone ever asks me "why aren't you married?" I'm ready for them... I'll tell them my type doesn't exist.

Well...the first part of your post is fine, makes sense, sure, life happens.

The second part (in bold) - ergh. That kind of attitude is exactly the reason people might be concerned about dating someone over 40 with few long-term relationships. Anger at an entire gender = giant waving red flag, and if a guy said that to me on a first date, it would make me question whether it really was just "bad luck" that kept him single all those years. Just saying.

WesternWizard

OTOH seeing red flags everywhere would kind of limit your prospects as well, would it not?

• Like 1
And there's a good chance that the never before married woman that you date and then decide to marry will get divorced as well.

There are no guarantees.

I never said anything about guarantees, only what is more likely. Past behavior is the best predictor of future behavior.

sdrawkcaB ssA
If over 40, never married, no kids, longest relationship 3 years.

What would be your most important questions in your mind that you would have about getting into a relationship with this person or is this enough to just be a deal breaker and not want to try?

OK, I am one of them 1 in 1000 gents that was a slow grower. I didn't hit puberty until 16. I never felt the urge to date until late 20's, yet was too shy and socially disadvantaged to think about it. I could have paid for sex but it was beneath me, and figured I would hit 40 and still be a virgin.

The only relationships I had were short and few... not because there was fault with me. Just I believed in more than what I had. So I lost my virginity for the wrong mate, and how many have had that??? LOL!

So to answer your question... Peeps of any age can be either mature or immature. Marriage does not show anything less or more ones person as well. So yes I would date them, because I am not that judgmental and know I am not the only person in this world that is unique to living my life.

If you see that the person meets your expectations and qualities, why would age or marriage have anything to do with it???

OTOH seeing red flags everywhere would kind of limit your prospects as well, would it not?

Sure, but walking away from an obviously angry dude is hardly seeing red flags everywhere. So.

"My type doesn't exist" seems a bit more...limiting to your prospects. Think about it.

Edited by serial muse
  • Like 1