Can playing hard to get be taken too far?

Darren2013

todreaminblue

Playing games isnt a good idea if you like someone...its wimpy.....being up front and honest to me is not wimpy.....

shows determination and a backbone....

why would you want a woman who goes after a taken guy......because if a woman is only up for the challenge she isnt up for you in the first place...... from what i know about women like this who go for taken men and i have had some experience with this...when they find out the other woman lets go.....they aren't interested anymore.....that man loses their appeal.....the challenge was won and destruction ensued job done..same goes fro guys who go for taken women.....its a challenge then they get bored ..destructos is my name for men or women like this......deb

Versacehottie
If you had any interest in a certain guy wouldn't you like to investigate the reason he doesn't have a girlfriend?

hmmmm, listen most guys that feel something is "wrong" with a girl if she doesn't have a boyfriend or if it's been longer than a week since she has had one, strike me a very limited and one-note thinkers. Actually a big red flag on people who say sh*t like that and make all sorts of assumptions from it. You can find out the reasons behind someone's status as you get to know them. So the same goes in return. It would be a person of limited capacity that would think like that--and I have no idea why you would be interested in someone if they were going to dismiss you that easily for something so vague and simple.

I think good, well-intention, quality people are hopeful when they meet a guy (or girl) not looking for reasons to dismiss the person. Certainly not silly reasons.

I think making up a pretend gf will cause you more problems than not. You will miss out on quality girls who have other options themselves and do not have to wait on a guy with a "gf"; nor the ones who want you only because you are someone else's--those ones are typically crazy in other ways.

You should just work on the "spin" you put on it. Your ambition, your focus on xyz or even if you're the sensitive type having to deal with the emotions of your last something or other---all of those things said with confidence etc are reasons TO like someone not to dismiss them.

I will give you one little thing (that i'm sure I will get some grief for)---yes there is a bit of girls liking guys who other (even anonymous) girls like too. I don't know if I would go as far as make up a fake gf though--because i think most girls will be able to see through it in one way or another. Probably smart to ACTUALLY be flirting with several REAL people or even casually dating several real girls. The aura you get from that flirting and being in that zone will carry over. A made up one won't. Sorry.

Versacehottie

funny the next thread i opened about a guy's positive dating experience said this:

"I am the type who is comfortable being single, but wants to be in a relationship so I haven't been in a rush to jump in to one with just any gal. My job is very demanding so I pick and choose who to contact based on their profile and haven't been multi-dating, so I run a quality game rather than a quantity one."

That is a good example of putting a spin on it that makes the girl you choose to date feel special and there is no way to think anything is "wrong" with you from that statement. See, easy!

If a man I like is taken, I forget him. And I don't even get into personal conversation. You'd have no way to get to know me as a person because I would close off out of respect. I would rather be single forever (easily) than go after some other woman's man. And if he would leave his SO for me, then he's unstable. He'll leave me for another. Most of the good men are taken, it's a catch-22. I'm only looking at single men.

As a second note, am I the only one here who takes TIME to recover from a relationship? I'm single, and it's because a) I work 90 hours a week and b) I am in healing mode, and I don't just rebound to a new relationship.

Edited by Eggplant
Supernatural
I think good, well-intention, quality people are hopeful when they meet a guy (or girl) not looking for reasons to dismiss the person. Certainly not silly reasons.

This. Is. Very. True.

Most people who go on dates look for reasons NOT to date a person. They blow the smallest things out of proportion and then just dismiss this person based off of something really small.

"He didn't kiss me on the first date!" -- he must not be confident... NEXT