i feel bad degrading my ex

Simon Phoenix
part of me just wants to know why she did what she did

i feel bad calling her names cuz thats not me....im not like that at all

She's not going to tell you the real reason. If she answers at all she'll give you some half-assed reason that will only bring about more questions. Even though this answer reveals your true motivation -- you're looking for her to give you closure, which is a really bad idea. Just leave it alone.

Maybe this is coming from a bitter place...but HELL NO!!! I wouldn't apologize. She cheated on you more than once, apologized to you...and did it again. The only thing you did wrong was allow it to happen to you more than once.

This chick is a done deal. She's used up and cheap. It sounds like she gets around. Is this really the type of woman you've been looking for your whole life? Someone you can't trust? Life is short, but it's long enough, so choose a good mate.

• Like 1

Don't feel sorry, and don't regret just because you saw a girl cry.

Forget about it, walk away, and the next time she attempts to come over just keep your door closed.

Kid_Charlemange

should i reach out and apologize or no?

Nope. You should walk away from that toxic relationship. You should delete her texts and emails, throw away all her photos. Then do this: Write up the apology that you WOULD give her, print it out, and then go outside and rip it to shreds. And throw the scraps into a trash can. You'll feel better. And you deserve to.

Her? Not so much. The sooner you get this woman out of your head, the better off you'll be.

The only closure you'll ever get is that which you give yourself.

Simon Phoenix
i had apologized at one time but we just ended up fighting after i did

idk...maybe its a lost cause

Yes, devoting more energy to this toxic situation is a lost cause. Let it be.

• Author

well i did apologize. told her i apologized for the name calling but she hurt me. wished her luck in the future and left

then 2 days later her friend came into my work and talked to me. i guess they had a falling out. she told me that my ex use to talk crap about me al the time and how she was only staying with me because of stuff i would buy for her

yep

screw my ex

NoLeafClover
I found out my ex cheated on me by going through her phone. well we were together at the time, but i dumped her after she cheated on me. a co-worker of mine told me he saw her with another guy and i asked what she did that night but she said she was at home. i looked through her phone and found out she cheated on me twice.

i called her a whore, a worthless piece of ****, a ****, a stupid lying bitch and basically ran her down .

i left and didnt talk to her for three weeks, then she came crying at my door saying she made a mistake and missed me. i just ignored her then two nights later she was having sex with another guy. she came back to my house and i told her to get the **** out of here and to go **** her self and pick up some stds

we havnt talked since except for some mean texts she sent me

i understand i said some childish stuff and i sort of feel bad saying all that

should i reach out and apologize or no?

why appologize..that's how she made herself look and made you feel for doing other guys while still with you. Nothing to apologize here. You are not the first and won't be the last person that called their ex names after being cheated on.

well i did apologize. told her i apologized for the name calling but she hurt me. wished her luck in the future and left

then 2 days later her friend came into my work and talked to me. i guess they had a falling out. she told me that my ex use to talk crap about me al the time and how she was only staying with me because of stuff i would buy for her

yep

screw my ex

There you go. Her friend knows about your apology, I'm sure, and sees you as a stand-up guy, unafraid to do the difficult thing. You went out on top, and now her friend is talking **** about her. It's the ladies' way of telling you that you dodged a bullet. Wouldn't surprise me if she was interested.

Also, a bonus, in that now you can never go back with her, given what you know. I'd call it a success.

• Author
There you go. Her friend knows about your apology, I'm sure, and sees you as a stand-up guy, unafraid to do the difficult thing. You went out on top, and now her friend is talking **** about her. It's the ladies' way of telling you that you dodged a bullet. Wouldn't surprise me if she was interested.

Also, a bonus, in that now you can never go back with her, given what you know. I'd call it a success.

yep screw her

Strength in Healing

That's why in situations like this where you dated a whore / *****, you don't apologize. Ever. I hope everyone has learned a valuable lesson.

Yeah, I have a feeling that she told her friend that you apologized and had a good laugh over it at your expense. But, her friend thought it was a stand up thing to do and doesn't want you to get sucked back into her games. So, she told you what's really going on behind the scenes.