Is my GF cheating on me with her boss or am I just being paranoid?

• Author

well I dumped her immediately on the spot. However I am really mean, I took a couple of screenshots without her knowing and sent it to my phone. Will be trying to get in touch with the wife of the boss just so she knows too. They don't have kids yet so I don't think I am doing a bad thing right?

Other than that, at least I dodged a bullet and didn't marry this girl. To be honest, I earn more than the boss for sure so I don't think money was the problem. Could the problem have been me or was she just by nature a bad person? We never had any problems or huge quarrels throughout our relationship so this really shocked me real hard. I really just want to better myself so I don't meet such a girl again. I have wasted so much time on her...

• Like 1
well I dumped her immediately on the spot. However I am really mean, I took a couple of screenshots without her knowing and sent it to my phone. Will be trying to get in touch with the wife of the boss just so she knows too. They don't have kids yet so I don't think I am doing a bad thing right?

Other than that, at least I dodged a bullet and didn't marry this girl. To be honest, I earn more than the boss for sure so I don't think money was the problem. Could the problem have been me or was she just by nature a bad person? We never had any problems or huge quarrels throughout our relationship so this really shocked me real hard. I really just want to better myself so I don't meet such a girl again. I have wasted so much time on her...

It would be the right thing to do by letting his wife now so she can get tested for STDs and so should you.

Take it one day at a time bro.;)

• Like 2
Liverpool Bloke

I think big warning signs!!!!!check her phone,emails,computer if You get the chance & if not sit down & tell her how You feel & how dodgy it all has looked & ask to check her correspondence from her boss.If she goes ballistic & won't let You,even bigger warning sign.I have recent experience of this kinda thing & wished I had checked her phone far earlier.You are not paranoid.This needs to be sorted asap to put your mind at rest.

Liverpool Bloke

apologies for my last post,I didn't read the update 1st.Don't feel guilty about a bit of revenge.I got loads & feel proud of myself.

Liverpool Bloke
We never had any problems or huge quarrels throughout our relationship so this really shocked me real hard. I really just want to better myself so I don't meet such a girl again. I have wasted so much time on her...

Experienced exactly the same & That's the best plan.Now the worry & sense of looming dread has gone,can get fitter,better,stronger & upgrade big time, I have.

Edited by Liverpool Bloke

Some people just can't be faithful. No OP, this had nothing to do with you, it was all about her. Whatever her issues are, they're not your problem and once you pass a certain age you should be capable of handling them yourself. If she can't do that, well, she's a girl in a woman's body.

And you're right, your only loss here is your wasted time. Perhaps you shouldn't think of it as wasted time though, consider it a lesson. ;)

• Like 1

It's not you. It's never YOUR fault if your partner cheats. That was her choice.

But you can do an "autopsy" of your relationship. Think back... did she ask anything of you that you refused to give? Did you get lazy when it came to showing her love and making her feel special? Did you listen to her and prioritize her? Did you criticize her or push her away in any way?

But again - even if you have less than admirable answers to the questions, it is still not your FAULT that she cheated. If she was unhappy, she had a responsibility to come talk to you, not run to her boss.

But you can use your experience to have a better relationship next time.

Another thing you can do is look back and see if you realize there were "red flags" that she was capable of this. Is she a selfish or self-absorbed person? Does she tend to take the easy way out of problems vs. putting the work in to solve them? Is she afraid to voice her needs and concerns? Is she a very insecure person who needs constant reassurance? Is she sneaky? Does she do things to hurt or betray friends? Does she exhibit any unethical behavior - stealing from her job? Shoplifting? Is she proud when she has control or comes out on top of someone else?

Just some things to think about.

Oh - and yes, you should tell his wife. You have nothing to lose, and she deserves to know.

I am sorry you are dealing with this.