Getting Over 5 Year Girlfriend Dumping Me

• 1 month later...

Lakersfan81,

I am sorry you are suffering like this.

Many of us that post here have been where you've been and it isn't a nice place to be.

Please, please, please don't put your life on hold on the off-chance that she may want to come back.

Do you really want to be her second choice?

Do you really want to her back-up plan when whatever she does doesn't work out?

Remember, even if she did want to come back, she would still be the same girl who dumped you by text. Who says she wouldn't do it again if another temptation took her fancy?

She probably did love you, but she doesn't now because she dumped you.

2 months away from her has given me a long time to sit back, and realize what needed to be fixed individually with me to be successful in life,

good thinking.

and also what it takes to get our relationship back to where things were

not-so-good thinking.

If you want to do work on yourself, you must do it for you, not for your ex, your mother or the old-bag-lady-over-the-road.

Stay strong.

Good luck x

Love doesn't just 'go away'. The 'in love feeling' might.

But love for a person will always stay there, maybe slightly buried. But it will stay.

Atleast that is my experience.

I had an ex 2 years ago, we had been together 5 years. It hurts but you learn to live with it. You try not to think about it etc.

Have dated since, in all RS's I just couldn't REALLY open up anymore. The girls didn't notice, but I did. My heart will be walled forever.

• Author
LakersFan81 - tried to pm you on here but it says you do not allow the feature.

Where do I go to change that? I looked under my profile options, and couldn't find anything.

• Author
Love doesn't just 'go away'. The 'in love feeling' might.

But love for a person will always stay there, maybe slightly buried. But it will stay.

Atleast that is my experience.

I had an ex 2 years ago, we had been together 5 years. It hurts but you learn to live with it. You try not to think about it etc.

Have dated since, in all RS's I just couldn't REALLY open up anymore. The girls didn't notice, but I did. My heart will be walled forever.

That's what I have been worried about. I am worried I will never be able to open up my heart completely to someone again. I will always be cautious after the way this relationship ended.

Oh well.

Feelbettersoon
Where do I go to change that? I looked under my profile options, and couldn't find anything.

My profile / CP on top left

Settings and options

Edit options

Enable pm

Feelbettersoon
The option isn't there for me. Maybe it's because I have only been a member on here for a couple of months.

Ah yes, you need a certain amount of posts now I think! Was going to PM because our situations both so similar