7-day challenge

seekingpeaceinlove

I've struggled with my weight for my entire life. I've always been athletic and enjoy being active but my love for food negates the effort I put into getting fit. I lost 30 lbs late last year and gained back 10. I'm looking to lose 30 more lbs and I think the best way for me right now is to focus on short term goals.

In the next 7 days I will:

-stick to my home-cooked meal plan (prep early)

-eat out only once this week

-workout at least 5 days

-up my water intake

-weigh myself only once

Then, next week I will challenge myself to another set up of goals. Hopefully, week after week I'll start seeing positive changes again!

What about you? What is your 7-day challenge?

None. 20 lbs in half-3/4 a year is great. Why change what you were doing before? Those are good results! Grats! Personally I think 7 day challenges might bring short term results that arent sustainable over time.

deathandtaxes

That's a great challenge, OP!! I hope you keep it up. I LOVE food, too, and it can totally be my undoing in trying to just maintain weight. I don't have a seven day challenge per se, just hope to keep an even keel when it comes to diet and exercise.

• Author
seekingpeaceinlove

Thanks all. I'm tying this 7-day challenge to keep me in check because I have a tendency to get comfortable when I lose weight and eat liberally...and then I end up being back at square one.

I'm hoping these short term goals will kick me back into high gear and get me back into the zone where I was consistently losing weight. Once I reach that goal...maintaining will be another beast to tackle. ;)

• Like 1