Have I peaked?

Photofinish

• Author
If I had a crystal ball that could answer that for you, then I wouldn't be sitting here in front of a PC, I'd be sitting in the Bahamas sipping cocktails.

Nobody can see the future. Nobody knows what is in store for you next 10 years, the next 6 months or even the next week. You could get hit by a bus, or win the lottery. Nobody can say because nobody can see the future. The best we can do is to look at statistics. Most people, during their lives, will meet a long-term partner, get married, have kids. If that is something you want and take active steps to achieve, then chances are that you will succeed, as most people do. And chances are that at age 22, you will not have met your future partner. Most people do not meet their future partner that early. So in all probability, yes, you will "do better" in the future.

But you mention OCD. Is this being treated? It seems to me that all your concerns are a manifestation of this. If this is the case then all I've written above may soothe your OCD in the short term, but won't do much to help in the long term. You need to get this treated.

I see a therapist for my OCD. It's possible that my fixation with the relationship I never had is part of my OCD. It's clear that I put my ex on a pedestal even though he emotionally abused and manipulated me through out the whole relationship. Every time we had a problem it was up to me to fix it and he pushed all the problems of the relationship on me, taking little blame only when I confronted him about it. He was only in it for the good times and I wish I didnt think about it so much. It's not worth it. I think about it all the time and it isnt fair . He doesnt think about it but I have too. Hopefully this will all go away once classes start next week!!

You are so blessed but choose to wallow on a relationship that wasn't even a healthy one.

You're in college! Do you know how many people would kill to have some form of opportunity like that in their life? Do you know how many people will live a life of cleaning floors and NEVER have a chance to better themselves to support their family?

You have acces to the internet, you have access to counselors, you have access to friends, you have access to a big city, you have family that you live with, you have access to spending umpteen hours on anime.

You paint yourself as disadvantaged but you are so blessed you have no idea what being TRULY disadvantaged is.

• Like 2
You are so blessed but choose to wallow on a relationship that wasn't even a healthy one.

You're in college! Do you know how many people would kill to have some form of opportunity like that in their life? Do you know how many people will live a life of cleaning floors and NEVER have a chance to better themselves to support their family?

You have acces to the internet, you have access to counselors, you have access to friends, you have access to a big city, you have family that you live with, you have access to spending umpteen hours on anime.

You paint yourself as disadvantaged but you are so blessed you have no idea what being TRULY disadvantaged is.

So glad you said this HappyLove!

I was getting a bit frustrated with Photo to be honest, as while I definitely understand that things could be better, as I said, you seem to be overly focused on what you don't have instead of focusing on ALL the opportunities you do have to help you make your life better.

Stop focusing on what you don't have and invest yourself into milking everything you do have and not wasting ANY opportunities. That's all you can do. Make your life better and, like everyone else in the world, chances are as you get older and improve yourself more chances for love and a better relationship will come along.