Meetups and photographs and media

No offense meant, but your meetup group sounds judgmental and cliquey, like a bunch of Facebook obsessed teenagers. No wonder people only show up once. And then you judge anyone that rejects your little clique. It's obnoxious.

I've spoken to coworkers that have gone to meetup events and they say they are hit and miss, but the ones that are a miss are the ones where they get a creepy vibe from some of the regulars. When you describe your meet up events and the way you speak about the women that attend them, I get that vibe...creepy guy hittin on the new blood and wanting to take their picture.

You'd probably do better with women if you didn't give off that vibe and actually respected how they feel about things. Weren't you annoying your girlfriend with too many internet photos? It's creepy, man. Sorry.

• Like 4
  • Author
No offense meant, but your meetup group sounds judgmental and cliquey, like a bunch of Facebook obsessed teenagers. No wonder people only show up once. And then you judge anyone that rejects your little clique. It's obnoxious.

Actually, the group I'm in is the best. The organizer is very thoughtful and welcoming to new members. She even goes takes new members and walks them around, introducing them to the regulars. Making them even feel more welcomed.

They've even handed out certificates of appreciation to those who have been supportive of Meetup events. We are just a FUN group of people, but if a person insists on wanting a picture not posted, they might want to contact the organizer (or the one who took the photo) by email to ask them to take it down. Only then it's likely to be removed, chances are they would've forgotten if you had told them verbally once they got home and uploaded the pictures as a full batch.

I've spoken to coworkers that have gone to meetup events and they say they are hit and miss, but the ones that are a miss are the ones where they get a creepy vibe from some of the regulars. When you describe your meet up events and the way you speak about the women that attend them, I get that vibe...creepy guy hittin on the new blood and wanting to take their picture.

Not sure how what's wrong with taking a picture of the "new blood" and how is that "hitting" on someone? That's quote presumptuous, wouldn't you say?

You'd probably do better with women if you didn't give off that vibe and actually respected how they feel about things. Weren't you annoying your girlfriend with too many internet photos? It's creepy, man. Sorry.

She was my girlfriend, so its irrelevant. Besides, in fact, she was okay with the photos being posted on FB at first, but when she was wanting to call things off, she didn't want any pictures up online anymore. So that wasn't the catalyst of the break up.

Anyhow, its really subjective as to who defines what as "Creepy" the ones that fade out of the group after one Meetup typically aren't compatible with us. It's just a compatibility thing, not a "creepy" thing.

Edited by irc333