Working Out @ Home

Plenty of people work out at home, including me. That's why there are thousands of DVDs and workout youtube videos. I've never set foot in a gym.

• Like 2

Inspired by this thread, I went to look up workout videos and found Alexander Institute Intimacy Spa - Sensual Fitness for Couples. It's supposed to be a great way for couples to workout together while enhancing intimacy. I just picked up the DVD for $5 and cannot wait!

Over the years I have built up a home gym that has enough great stuff (better than most hotels) - that I stopped going to a 5 star health club near my home.

I like the convenience of just going down stairs, hair messed up, in my PJ's, and working out to my music or exercise DVD's and then heading off to work. I have some motivational songs/speeches from muscle prodigy that I put on when I am warming up and then shift to different types of music - or workout videos to train.

Sometimes when I am really pooped or out of it - I try just to walk briskly on the treadmill while catching the morning news.

I do venture out now to a local Dojo in the evenings to try some MMA, but that is turning out to be time consuming, but interesting

Edit-Add

Motivational song/video that is on my warm up (forget the ads at the end)

I Will Be Better (The Comeback) - Trailer - YouTube

Edited by dichotomy
  • Like 1
I just ended my gym membership because I found myself making up great excuses for not going and therefore, didn't go.

So now I'm taking out workout DVD's from the library and scanning youtube for great free uploads. I found a great site:

https://www.youtube.com/user/BeFit/videos?sort=p&shelf_id=0&view=0

Working out at home now is new so I'm motivated and exploring all the fun workouts. I'm worried that I'll lose motivation after the novelty wears off.

How do you keep motivated?

Work out in a bikini and take your daily measurements.

• 2 weeks later...

cindy want to have fun and stay motivated

get 30 workouts

number them from 1 - 30

each morning pick a number

you have no clue what it will be

and you must do it

now make sure 25% of them are ones you hate

like a run -- steps -- lunges

that will kick up your workouts

and no dam treadmill 30 days straight