was he cheating or am i crazy?

lovelylady35

• Author
lovelylady35

I came home yesterday and my ex happened to make a suprise visit out of nowhere. He told me he just wanted to talk to me and clear things up. He told me the flowers were for an old woman he had been doing work for that had surgery and he just wanted to give her something nice. He said he didn't tell me because he was very upset thinking I was going through his things and was just tired of all of our arguing. He does not like to fight or argue at all and we had been doing it a lot lately and he just thought it would be better to end things. He admitted all his wrong doing and sincerely apologized. He even said he does love me and wants to be with me, but he understands if I choose not to go back and wants what's best for me and he will respect that. He hasn't hassled me or begged. We talked for a long time and cleared a lot of things up. Part of me wants him and part of me is scared and I don't know if I want to go through all of this just to possibly get hurt again. I'm glad he has finally admitted all his faults and we have both had a month away from each other to be on our own and think. I just don't want to look like a fool to my family and friends if I decide to be with him and I don't want to get hurt again....I really believe he is genuine in what he says but I'm torn.....

So, you found a receipt while you were cleaning and when you asked him about it he said 1) he didn't know where the receipt came from 2) went on the defense and accused you of snooping 3) told you it was none of your business as it was his money 3) lied that he didn't give it to another woman.

I have a hard time believing his reasoning now because 1) break-up 2) mistrust 3) pain and hurt -- ALL could have been prevented by the simplicity of that reason and by him communcating it to you. Instead, he inflicted all that drama which makes his "reason" now quite difficult to believe.