I'm a girl, I'm 27 and I never had a boyfriend.

Do you flirt?

If you see a guy you really like, what are the chances he will think you 'might' like him? Some guys are pretty slow, but some girls give nothing away.

Have you tried showing more cleavage?

5'8" is not that tall. Unless guys are even shorter there on average than they are here

Do you flirt?

If you see a guy you really like, what are the chances he will think you 'might' like him? Some guys are pretty slow, but some girls give nothing away.

Have you tried showing more cleavage?

5'8" is not that tall. Unless guys are even shorter there on average than they are here

omg, really?

• Like 1

There is always taller people, and there is always shorter people, life has all kinds of varieties.

If you have tried everything and you still can't find a guy, here are my possible reasons why

1. Your standards are way too high

2. Your not in shape and need to fix that

3. You don't put yourself out there, and no online dating doesn't count, I'm talking real life

4. You give out the stay away from me vibe which scares guys off , to fix this you really just need to smile and make eye contact

• Like 1

I am also tall, in fact taller than you, and I have had boyfriends. So, I don't think that's the issue. I don't think it has anything to do with looks because most people are average looking anyway, and there is someone from everyone. I know women who aren't even attractive and they get boyfriends or asked out...

I think either you stay inside too much or you come off as very cold...

guys aren't attracted to girls who are traumatized. you chose the wrong guy last time and every one of us chooses the wrong ones a lot. relationships ending is part of life and being so deeply hurt over something that normally happens keeps guys away. you can be pretty and hot and have a good job going but if im going to be walking on eggshells around a girl no thank you.

and the virgin thing. most guys like to be the first so its a turn on. your lucky your a girl cause guy virgins is a big turnoff to girls.

Yes, the being traumatized part could really negatively affect potential relationships even if the OP gets one. My second bf was traumatized from his ex cheating on him and he thought he got over it because it has been two years. It turns out that it wasn't the case. He told me that I was the best gf he ever had, but he was not able to let himself be vulnerable with me or feel more for me. He also compared me to his ex in a negative way which was annoying. It's a shame, we could have worked out if he were truly over his ex.

I don't have any friends to go out with. They're all married or not interested.

This is likely one of the main causes of your difficulties. Have you tried making other friends? It's easier said than done (especially if you're an introvert and/or shy), but it will help you heaps.

If you're living in a Caucasian country your height is very unlikely to be the problem at 5'8".

right after breakup be sad, hurt, angry. but after awhile time to get over it. shiit happens. people break up, people cheat. people lie. life isn't all roses. get up off your butt and life your life. staying home sulking and finding reasons to not get out isn't going to work.

Are you talking to me or the OP?

Admit it!

You don't look back and stare at guys when they check you out

and you don't smile to them.

You might smile from time to time to strangers ( males) , but you give them the same smile you give to an old lady at the street.

Edited by Noproblem
  • Like 1

Hello,

Maybe you are just simply pushing them away, your saying ur so very successful and everything, and you might be somehow sending some wrongs msgs.

Just be yourself, put on a nice smile on ur face, and a sexy skirt and you will be approached by many :)

if you are interested, am 6.2, muscular, tanned, highly educated, successful, single and looking ;)

• Like 2

One of my best friends is a girl who is also not ugly, has an extremely good job and also was a virgin until recently (she is 27). However, she always had this barrier between herself and the outer world. She would always keep people at arm's lenght. So you may just have anxiety issues or something similar going on that keep guys at bay.

It could also simply be plain bad luck. If you don't go to places where you can actually meet new people, they are not going to come knocking at your window.

I wouldn't worry too much over it. You don't want to stay with a guy who would dump you based on the fact that you are a virgin anyway. Think about it this way: you saved yourself until now, so what you have is something precious that should be shared only with a person who really deserves it :) .

• Like 2
Itspointless
Yes, really. 5'8" is not really that tall and is probably not the problem for the OP.

Isn't this somewhat funny, I am a 5'8" guy living in Europe and often told in my youth by girls that they considered me as too small for their likings. There really is nothing wrong with your length OP.

OP, my situation is a bit similar to yours. I can count on my fingers the number of men who have ever approached me for a date, at 25 I have always struggled with getting men to be interested.

I'd say try again with OLD. It's the only thing that worked for me. Men IRL always seemed to just pass me by, but on OLD I was able to get a date.

At 5'8 I also understand being a bit taller than average. Men have told me I am too tall for them. It used to bother me, but not anymore, because I personally find it very silly for someone to have a problem with 5'8. It's not worth a second of worry in my head.

• Like 1

I'm sorry. I understand why this would be so upsetting.

Maybe it's just been the types of guys around you. They may not be very forth coming of their feelings.

My advice would be for you to be the pursuer, instead of waiting to be approached. It's not a terrible thing. Guys like to be pursued too. A woman taking charge and being bold because she's confident is really sexy.

• Like 2

There's something about your personality I guess. So I'd do some classes to bolster your public confidence. Take some of these classes at the junior college. If you don't want the stress, take them unaccredited so you don't have to worry about it on your record. Acting, debate, basic mechanics or basic woodshop. The first two are to get you comfortable speaking in front of people. The other two are to get comfortable being around men. You could also take some mixed-gender sport or enroll in ballroom dancing or salsa dancing. I think you just need to find your niche where it's easy to talk to guys because they're right there. Getting a retail job in the right place can lead to meeting a lot of guys too,

• Like 2