What would you do if you and your ex were in an empty hall?

Again, that depends on how you ended things with your ex. I ended things with sh÷t hitting and fan. And the stare went both ways. I find nothing wrong with staring at someone whom you have unresolved issues that accumulated for the last 4 years. So what if its awkward? Breaks ups are.

Yeah but after 6 months and still all that anger in you?

He'd definitely be nice and speak to me and I would politely speak back.

That's just the kind of people we are. Even though we have the nastiest history since Ike and Tina. lol jk...sort of.

• Like 1
  • Author
OK_computer
Yeah but after 6 months and still all that anger in you?

6 months ago was the last of a 4 year OAOA RS with lots of major fights. It's not so much as what happnened 6 months ago that keeps me angry as much as the accumulated hurt over endless fights, misunderstandings, and cheatings over the years. I should've probably put that aside and said hi, but I'm staying true to my NC to all ends.

:confused:

• Author
OK_computer
He'd definitely be nice and speak to me and I would politely speak back.

That's just the kind of people we are. Even though we have the nastiest history since Ike and Tina. lol jk...sort of.

Ike and Tina?!! hahahhahaha that made my day :p !!! :)

Mine was more like Cher and Bono :D

• Like 1
Ike and Tina?!! hahahhahaha that made my day :p !!! :)

Mine was more like Cher and Bono :D

HAHA you're welcome ;)

I would count a huge wodge of £50 pounds notes. (Obviously i would have borrowed then for such an occasion);)

• Like 1

If that happened to me, I ran into her, I would just freeze. It's been almost eight months since she dumped me and I haven't seen her at all since then.

I'd probably just say her name, and wait.

• Like 1
Always Pondering

I'd be very surprised because the only situation really where this is likely to happen would be a completely empty supermarket aisle and we don't go to the same ones. I'd walk backwards, find the next beautiful woman I saw, pay her to walk with me and hold onto my arm, then go back into that hallway. ;) Just kidding, of course.

If she saw me and greeted me with a nod or a hello, I'd probably reciprocate it back to her. If she doesn't see me and is focused on something else, I'd probably just keep walking to get to where I was going.

This is all on paper of course, if it ACTUALLY happened, I'm not entirely sure what would happen. It's been about 14 months since we actually last saw each other in person.

• Like 1
Just wondering..

This happened to me today. We were both alone and she was just standing there. I had to walk past her, no other choice. I gave her the meanest coldest stare like "You're dead to me."

We stared at each other for maybe 5 seconds, no words. I walked past her. Parts of me wonder if things would have changed if in moments like this one, either one of us was to put our differences aside and hash things out. Little things like this destory any chance of future reconciliation I feel. But I'm ok with that now...I think

But I want to know what YOU guys would do if it happened to you... :o

I would keep walking, just like you did. I wouldn't stare. If I noticed him, I would hold my head high, not look at him, and walk past him. If he tried to speak to me, I would tell him I have somewhere to be and do not have time, and then would leave. I would not stop to chat, if that's what you're asking.

• Like 1
Simon Phoenix

Depends on the ex. I'd probably talk to the one that brought me here for a minute or two if I had time -- there's no ill will on my end. Heck, I saw her a few weeks back and we had a couple of friendly conversations. Others I'd do a quick hi or a nod unless I was still a) pissed at them or b) still shattered from the break. Then I'd keep quiet.

• Like 1
  • Author
OK_computer
Depends on the ex. I'd probably talk to the one that brought me here for a minute or two if I had time -- there's no ill will on my end. Heck, I saw her a few weeks back and we had a couple of friendly conversations. Others I'd do a quick hi or a nod unless I was still a) pissed at them or b) still shattered from the break. Then I'd keep quiet.

That's the only reason why I didn't say anything to her.

But in that situation is saying 'hi' to her considered to breaking NC?

• Author
OK_computer
If that happened to me, I ran into her, I would just freeze. It's been almost eight months since she dumped me and I haven't seen her at all since then.

I'd probably just say her name, and wait.

I like this idea a lot. It's formal and to the point, so as to not make things more awkward than it already is. Saying her name would have been perfect, perhaps. :lmao:

• Like 1
Simon Phoenix
That's the only reason why I didn't say anything to her.

But in that situation is saying 'hi' to her considered to breaking NC?

Yes, but not a huge breach. If that makes you uncomfortable, go with a nod.

• Like 1
Ordinaryday
i have been dumped and i have had to end things too with a few guys....i am on a friends basis with all......i havent got an ex i wouldnt say hi too......or even someone who has treated me badly in the past ...its done i dont want a relationship that is intimate but i am able to say hi to all my exes they are exes not the anti christ....deb

I DONT CARE what it looks like to them, or whether it makes it seem like I am not over them cos their opinion of me became completely irrelevant the moment they dumped me. I am just abiding by their wishes and staying completely out of their life, and they should show me the same respect.

• Like 1
Ordinaryday

I guess I don't see it as their going out of their way to hurt me. They feel as awkward as you do and they try to be civil.

I DONT WANT their 'civility'. I made it clear to her when she dumped me that I want NOTHING ABSOLUTELY NOTHING from her, that includes her 'civility'. I dont want that. I just want her to be 100% out of my life. saying "hi" to me is not being 100% out of my life.

• Like 1