Girlfriend was raped.

GuardianLion

• Author
GuardianLion

I have a question people. Would it help if I convinced her to make an account with this website? This way some of you can talk to her directly?

littleplanet
I have a question people. Would it help if I convinced her to make an account with this website? This way some of you can talk to her directly?

My instant spidey sense says.....

No.

This here is for you.

If it were her idea all by itself, sure.

But on the other hand, there are lots of avenues for her to explore in her own time and in her own way.

Other kinds of forums, other kinds of resources.

The kinds of places where she herself would be comfortable, but maybe you wouldn't. (and maybe vice versa on that, too)

Perhaps it is better that this remain separate.

So that you both can speak anonymously, and with no concerns about what is said, what is meant, what is expressed....

Perhaps it is a fair and right and good thing.....that if she benefits at all from us bunch, it is through us talking to you.

(entirely in my own small and humble opinion)

• Author
GuardianLion
My instant spidey sense says.....

No.

This here is for you.

If it were her idea all by itself, sure.

But on the other hand, there are lots of avenues for her to explore in her own time and in her own way.

Other kinds of forums, other kinds of resources.

The kinds of places where she herself would be comfortable, but maybe you wouldn't. (and maybe vice versa on that, too)

Perhaps it is better that this remain separate.

So that you both can speak anonymously, and with no concerns about what is said, what is meant, what is expressed....

Perhaps it is a fair and right and good thing.....that if she benefits at all from us bunch, it is through us talking to you.

(entirely in my own small and humble opinion)

I told her the website links I got earlier in this thread and she wondered where I got them from. I told her from this site. She knows I am on here. After all, we share the same computer

littleplanet
I told her the website links I got earlier in this thread and she wondered where I got them from. I told her from this site. She knows I am on here. After all, we share the same computer

Then the rest is entirely up to her.

Her decision.

She's the one who knows if it would be a good thing, or not.

But again......the volatility of the mixture......with something so intensely private and personal.....I can't honestly say (for myself) that it would be good....but that's just me. The why of it? Hard to explain.

Which is why of course, she should trust her own instincts.

In here, we're not professionals. We're just people trying to help - based on our own life experiences. That counts for something.

Ultimately, one day, when the time is right (and not before) you both will find good help out there in the three-dimensional world.

This....hopefully, is a stepping-stone in the right direction.

Although we're all anonymous behind our avatars.....we're also all real enough. Free thought, free speech, free expression.

I wish I could explain my gut-response better.

But that is only my own problem....

As I suggested before.....her comfort zone might not be yours.

And whatever 'public' display resides here......might not jive well with that comfort zone.

But again: her choice.

• Author
GuardianLion
Then the rest is entirely up to her.

Her decision.

She's the one who knows if it would be a good thing, or not.

But again......the volatility of the mixture......with something so intensely private and personal.....I can't honestly say (for myself) that it would be good....but that's just me. The why of it? Hard to explain.

Which is why of course, she should trust her own instincts.

In here, we're not professionals. We're just people trying to help - based on our own life experiences. That counts for something.

Ultimately, one day, when the time is right (and not before) you both will find good help out there in the three-dimensional world.

This....hopefully, is a stepping-stone in the right direction.

Although we're all anonymous behind our avatars.....we're also all real enough. Free thought, free speech, free expression.

I wish I could explain my gut-response better.

But that is only my own problem....

As I suggested before.....her comfort zone might not be yours.

And whatever 'public' display resides here......might not jive well with that comfort zone.

But again: her choice.

Well we talked about it again today. She wouldn't mind making an account, on the condition that she talks to actual rape victims through the board.

I am confused about how to go about it though. We use the same computer here so do I just make another account?