A giant among scholars

pureinheart
<Ken Johnson> is a giant among scholars, in my opinion. He is now on my top 10 list of most important Christian authors. So far he has 15 different books on topics which are neglected at large by the modern church yet so important.

For example, in this video here, he presents the entire biblical chronology from Adam to present day, giving exact dates. Absolutely incredible.

I had to chuckle when he said (in the video) that Isaac Newton's estimate for the date of Adam was 3940 BC and his own estimate is 3925. Lol, talk about stepping up to the plate with the big dogs!

This may not mean a thing, although I thought it was interesting that Abraham was born in 1948 BC ... you know where I'm going with that...lol

I think Ken is amazing BTW. I finally got to sit and listen to him without distraction. I like his teaching style, he states facts without a whole lot of stuff to fill space and time...

Edited by pureinheart
  • Author
This may not mean a thing, although I thought it was interesting that Abraham was born in 1948 BC ... you know where I'm going with that...lol

I think Ken is amazing BTW. I finally got to sit and listen to him without distraction. I like his teaching style, he states facts without a whole lot of stuff to fill space and time...

Yea he's good. Oh, and you mean 1948 AM, not BC.

• Like 1
pureinheart
Yea he's good. Oh, and you mean 1948 AM, not BC.

Oppps ...habit I guess. Also, just to make clear Ken starts the calendar with day one and so on? Is the calendar that we currently go by of God? Or does it really matter?

pureinheart
Oppps ...habit I guess. Also, just to make clear Ken starts the calendar with day one and so on? Is the calendar that we currently go by of God? Or does it really matter?

Oppps again, I missed the first page where you answered this already. If it's not on the same page as I'm currently on, I will miss it. You've got a lot of class BTW:)

Isaac Newton was in no position to estimate the age of the earth. You are again dishonestly drawing on the credibility of science to erroneously support faith-based propaganda. Beyond that, Newton tried to do things like make gold out of lead as well. He is well known for his crackpottery in subjects unrelated to mechanics and mathematics.

Either you reject science and logic, and repeatable scientific evidence, or your don't. You can't have it both ways.

Actually even the bible itself when read in the original Hebrew doesn't estimate the age of the earth. In genesis it says that God created it all in seven days, but the Hebrew word for day is YOM. Yom can mean literal day or indefinite time period. Im an old earth creationist myself.

Here is a great website on old earth creationism

Creation Science

Here is also Doctor Hugh Ross's site (an astrophysicist) that went from atheist to Christian and has a great wealth of information on different areas of science and how they integrate well with the bible as well as his own field of astrophysics

Reasons To Believe : Where Modern Science & Faith Converge

I was a believer in evolution (theistic evolution) for the first 41 years of my life but I converted to intelligent design over the last 6 years because when I finally looked at certain claims for evolution, like macroevolution and the fact that no evolutionary mechanisms can be invoked to explain the specified complex arrangments of nucelotides in DNA that was when I finally left evolution.

You can thank Doctor Stephen Meyer for that . He had a terrific video on nucleotide arrangments within DNA on youtube that explained it perfectly in a way that was easy to understand.

getting back to the first point, it is imperative that when reading genesis that you make sure that your also getting the Hebrew words as well because many words in ancient Hebrew have more then one meaning.

In fact YOM is also used in Arabic and it can also mean literal day or indefinite time period.

• Like 2
  • Author
Actually even the bible itself when read in the original Hebrew doesn't estimate the age of the earth. In genesis it says that God created it all in seven days, but the Hebrew word for day is YOM. Yom can mean literal day or indefinite time period. Im an old earth creationist myself.

Here is a great website on old earth creationism

Creation Science

Here is also Doctor Hugh Ross's site (an astrophysicist) that went from atheist to Christian and has a great wealth of information on different areas of science and how they integrate well with the bible as well as his own field of astrophysics

I was a believer in evolution (theistic evolution) for the first 41 years of my life but I converted to intelligent design over the last 6 years because when I finally looked at certain claims for evolution, like macroevolution and the fact that no evolutionary mechanisms can be invoked to explain the specified complex arrangments of nucelotides in DNA that was when I finally left evolution.

You can thank Doctor Stephen Meyer for that . He had a terrific video on nucleotide arrangments within DNA on youtube that explained it perfectly in a way that was easy to understand.

getting back to the first point, it is imperative that when reading genesis that you make sure that your also getting the Hebrew words as well because many words in ancient Hebrew have more then one meaning.

In fact YOM is also used in Arabic and it can also mean literal day or indefinite time period.

I have no opinion on the age of earth. The Bible doesn't say it and I'm not sure science will ever know. But as I've said many times on this forum, I strongly hold to Adam being created just shy of 6000 years ago. The age of the earth doesn't have many theological ramifications. The age of Adam most certainly does and that's why I believe it's the only significant debate here.

TheFinalWord

Another Ross fan here :)

Good vid on apologetics from Dr. Ross.

• 2 weeks later...
Another Ross fan here :)

Good vid on apologetics from Dr. Ross.

Good to see another Hugh Ross Fan. I tried accessing that video but it says it was removed by the user :(

Sorry I haven't been online much as my Dad unexpectedly died on July 4th :(

He was my best friend, but I know he is with God in heaven now :)

Love you a lot Pops

• Like 2
Good to see another Hugh Ross Fan. I tried accessing that video but it says it was removed by the user :(

Love you a lot Pops

oh, my bibby. I'm so sorry. :( (((hugs to you))) The turmoil of an unexpected loss is unmatched. I'm praying you can find a moment of peace.

I'm glad your dad is now freely dancing in joy with the Lord (well, if he were a dancing sort of man :)...if not, he's doing something amazing that we can only dream of :)).

• Author

Love you a lot Pops

I'm sorry, bippy.

pureinheart

Love you a lot Pops

(((((((hugs and prayers)))))) :(