Husband uses me as one of his many excuses to his boss for not going to work!

• Author
He may be required to make child support payments, but if he were to lose this job...the economy isn't what it used to be. Jobs, especially ones that pay THAT well are hard to come by and I doubt your H would make it through probation anywhere else at the rate he is going.

Oh I agree 100%! There's no way he'd find a job that pays as well as he has now. He only has a high school education (GED in fact) and I have a 4-yr college degree and he is making over $12/hr than I am! He tried taking some college courses about 5 or 6 years ago and didn't do well. He has no patience for school but yet keeps saying he wants to better himself.

Oh I agree 100%! There's no way he'd find a job that pays as well as he has now. He only has a high school education (GED in fact) and I have a 4-yr college degree and he is making over $12/hr than I am! He tried taking some college courses about 5 or 6 years ago and didn't do well. He has no patience for school but yet keeps saying he wants to better himself.

So my question remains. What will you do if he loses his job? Will you support him?

• Author
So my question remains. What will you do if he loses his job? Will you support him?

Yes I will support him. That's pretty much what I do now. Things wouldn't change much!

Well, if you don't want to do anything to make your life better, then you should work on just accepting your husband the way he is, and accepting that you are signed up for a lifetime of being the main breadwinner and the only responsible one.

Looking up his emails and texts and Facebook activity just to confirm what you already know - that he is a lazy liar - isn't doing you any favors and it is wasting your energy being angry about it.

My question is this: If he is a lazy liar at work, and puts his own immediate needs above anything else, why do you think he's honest with YOU?

Liars aren't liars only in one part of their life. They are liars, period. You cannot trust anything he says to you, ever.

And if you stick with him, you'll be doing so with the understanding that you have to take on any saving, vacations, or anything else you want in life, because you cannot count on him for ANYTHING.

I have no idea why that is OK with you.

• Like 1