D-Day is NOT all it's cracked up to be.

MissBee, I have a few friends that know and are being a big help to me as well as a wonderful online support system. Thank you for asking. :)

Great! That's very fortunate, as I know going through it in isolation (save for LS) is probably a lot more taxing.

I'm sure you'll share more in your own time, do let us know how you're feeling and how things progress for you in the coming days and weeks.

I do hope things work out for you. You're one of my favorite posters, as you've always come off as honest about your situation and feelings, pretty realistic too about your expectations, yet sympathetic at the same time to people on the other side of the triangle and I often find myself relating to you. So I genuinely would like for things to work out favorably for you and for your MM to do right by you and his BS...but whether it is the outcome you hoped for or something else, you'll get through it I'm sure and will be better for it hopefully. :)

• Like 2
  • Author
bentleychic

Thank you, MissBee. I really appreciate it.

I'm going to give him a little bit of time to get his wits together, but then I'm done being the OW, one way or another. Whether that finds us together openly or finds me single.

• Like 4
whichwayisup
Thank you, MissBee. I really appreciate it.

I'm going to give him a little bit of time to get his wits together, but then I'm done being the OW, one way or another. Whether that finds us together openly or finds me single.

You're in more control than you realize! :) You may not have any control on what goes on between them but you certainly have the strength to make your own decisions and do what is best/right for you now.

• Like 1
cozycottagelg

Big hugs. I am sure that isn't easy at all. If you want to vent or chat you can PM me, no judging here <3 My best friend just went through something very similar.

Bentley,

You were so supportive of me when I first came on here telling my story about the crazy psycho my ex decided to cheat on me with (and her actions post D-Day)... it's because of this that I am feeling some sympathy for you in this situation. You get what you give in life so I'm giving back to you... I sincerely hope that you are able to make it through all this without any crazy off the wall drama like I had to deal with. It's sucks that you are in this situation to begin with and I hope you make it through it all ok.

I'm not sure who in their right mind would ever think that D-Day would be a cakewalk because it never is. Not for anyone involved.

I don't know your whole story with your MM, but I do remember you telling me to kick my ex to the curb and be done with him. Have you considered that it may be in your best interest to boot your MM too? It's just a thought really... no dig at you for being with him in the first place... more of a... are you sure he's really the guy you want to be with?

Feel free to PM me if you like... I know how crazy it is right after discovery, it's difficult all around and it helps to vent about it. You seem like a really nice person with a good head on her shoulders and you give very good advice on here. Maybe it's time for you to consider that you deserve better than what you are getting with this guy?

• Like 1

Bentley,

I have always liked you as a poster and I am sorry you are going through so much turmoil. I don't know if I recall correctly but I thought this Spring/Summer meant some big changes for you and MM as far as him leaving his marriage. DDay may be the catalyst for that change.

I do hope that there is a resolution soon. I saw that you have no intention of being the OW any longer, that is wonderful. I know the inner twisting you are feeling. I've seen all sides of an A and none of them are pretty. As unexpected as this all was....this is the perfect time for decisiveness on everyone's part.

Thinking of you at this time

• Like 1
WrinkledForehead

Much love from me, Bentley, as you struggle and work through this. You've always been supportive of me. I'm a message away if you need an ear.

• Author
bentleychic

Thank you for the supportive words. I do appreciate it.

I know a few members asked questions. No disrespect intended, but I've been given a heads up that I am fodder for gossip and degradation elsewhere (which is why I stopped sharing here to begin with) so please forgive me for not replying with more details.

Best wishes to all :)

• Like 1