Dumper came back, but is choosing between me and new man

REPOST -- READ IT AGAIN:

3/15: She ends it because you have issues but she tells you she hangs on because you could change. Doesn't want to date, will stay single but can't contemplate what would happen if she meets someone. Wants to be friends.

3/18: You contact her but she ignores your calls. She states she doesn't want to talk and that she emotionally detached a long time ago. Doesn't think you both can be friends.

4/1: You catch her lying about being with another guy. Same guy she began talking to towards the end of your relationship. You ask her to show you the text messages between him and her and she refuses. She says she won't hang out with him anymore and that she doesn't even like him.

4/2: She calls about task related issues. Text you an hour later apologizing she shouldn't have talked to you and shouldn't see each other anymore. Says you have move on and that she has no feelings. She doesn't want to lead you on and that there is no hope for reconciliation.

4/7: She messages you as "friends".

4/29: She contacts again. Wants to have coffee as she feels she wants to talk. Thinks she made a mistake. Proceeds to text/call everyday.

4/30: You have a date at her place. You take flowers and snacks. She's appreciative, affectionate and attentive. You go home and calls and tells you that you both shouldn't be talking and that she's sorry for stringing you along. It doesn't feel right getting back together.

6/24: She contacts. She regrets her decision. She isn't over you.

6/27: You ask to talk.

6/28: You find out she has been LYING for the past 5 months. She developed feelings for the other guy. She tells you she can't choose.

6/28: You tell her you won't wait and she has to make a decision. She says she will and will let you know.

7/2: She picks him.

7/22: She dumps the guy and comes back to you. Wants to take things slow. She felt that she has deep feelings for you and that the other guys has issues she can't deal with.

7/24: She dumps you. She says she is emotionally unstable. She wants to be friends. She agrees to stop talking to the other guy, evethough she is sad about it.

7/24: She picks him again and decides to go back to him.

7/30: You break NC and confront about her going to dinner with him. She tells you it was just to talk about having space with him. She tells you it is over, she doesn't feel anything for you anymore and wants nothing to do with you.

7/30: Hours later she texts you crying that she didn't mean anything she said and that she loves you.

Do you see the INSANITY and the MANIPULATION? It's all kinds of dysfunctions.

• Like 4
ConfusedHumanBeing
god dangit ... this story nevwhen..

my ex came back. she called me saying she moved to another state with the guy she cheated on me with a few weeks ago, but has been thinking about me every day for weeks and cant shake this feeling. she wants to move back and get back together with me. i realized i havent really moved on.. dangit.

this new girl is awesome, but its just not the same.. what do i do?

This story reminds me of Nascar for some reason. Im going to guess because it keeps going in circles and is incredibly boring.

Dude....do whatever you want. Just dont act shocked when it backfires.....again

• Like 2

leeSC90,

This thread seems to be a longer-running soap opera than "Dallas".

Now let's get serious.

"Never make anyone your priority when you are only their option."

I don't know where this quote came from so I apologise for not giving the author due credit.

Having said that, it's excellent advice, please take it.

Good luck.

god dangit [...] what do i do?

You should be working on you abandonment-issues as they are causing what you are doing. Don't cause people to be hurt the same way you were, lovely paradox isn't it?