Anybody ever dated someone with a big age gap?

Black Cement

nofeelings22
I wonder if it's the "fantastic" aka "fun" time you're having that is attractive to you right now. Do you seriously see yourself going toe to toe with her interests, crowds, etc. in the future? What do YOU mean by "serious?"

My gf, who is a year younger, thinks I could easily date women half my age. Yup, there are a number of physical reasons to do so, but far fewer intellectual, maturity, cultural reason to do so. Tighter butts, flatter tummies, less wrinkles... nah...never really entertained the idea of going beyond 7/8 years younger...plenty of beautiful women my age (40s) who are sexier, more adventurous, smarter and just spankin' hot! :)

Yes, we both grew up skateboarding and snowboarding. Both share a love for the ocean and want to travel together. We are talking about things years down the road and are stuck together like glue.

Neither of us has a "crowd". We both prefer to pair bond.

I have introduced her to new thngs like sailing and EDM shows. We went to Benni Banassi, Audien and Tritonal Sunday night. Had an amazing time.

I've never had more compatibility and a sweeter girl in my life.

My first boyfriend was 25/26 when I was 17/18. My second was 27 when I was 18. My husband was/is 7 years older than me. But we were all college students, with my husband and my first boyfriend being graduate students, and my second boyfriend being an undergrad after spending earlier years in the military, so we had a lot in common and were at a similar stage of life. I would not want to be with someone who was 10+ years older or in a different stage of life than me, or worse yet, old enough to be my parent.

kiss_andmakeup

I don't think the 8 years itself is a big gap…my fiancé and I are 7 years apart, personally…however, we met at 23 and 30. You might find that the fact that she is only 19 makes things a little bit more difficult due to a multitude of factors: is she just beginning college? If so, chances are that her lifestyle and social circle are vastly different from yours. Maturity is also a factor. Of course, every person is different.

isisisweeping

My relationships:

18 year age gap - together 4 years - when he dumped me he told me he realized he loved me more like a daughter. (Though, he then tried to have sex with me :sick:) The age did come up here and there, though until the break up I didn't think it was the main problem. I would absolutely avoid this again unless it was like the most special guy ever who just loved me more than anything.

10.5 year age gap - together 6 years. The age gap was never an issue at all. Seriously, there was nothing of all are problems that were age gap related. It wasn't a big deal. I would not hesitate to date someone this much older again.

no age gap (okay, he was 2 weeks older) - together 3 years. no age gap here so obviously no age issues. I wouldn't hesitate to date my age again.

7 years is not a big deal if you are both adults

Age isn't your problem. The life situation / experience is the issue. You are an adult. She's barely out of high school. While you should be thinking about 401(k)s & getting a jump start on your retirement while saving for a house, she should be thinking about sorority rush & her next final.

I agree with this. You are at very different points in your lives. That said, my fiance and I have the same age difference, except that I am 39 and he is 47. At this age, I often forget that we even have such an age difference because we are at similar points in our lives, firmly into our careers, etc. But 19 and 27 is a different story. But if it works for the two of you, go for it.

• Like 1