Ex-MM called and I answered

• Author
Hope Shimmers
20's? Lots of energy.

One of my previous co-workers who was in his 20's asked me out awhile ago. But he had mommy issues too.

Could be why I spend a lot of time with my dog.

• Like 2
And I've met plenty of those too.... one who wanted to introduce me to his mom on the first date... so I don't date single guys in their 40's either.

I think that is a very sad way to view men in their 40's. I know several men who are mid-40's and single - as in never married. They concentrated on their careers and are at a place where they are ready to find a mate/partner. You are possibly missing out on some great guys in their 40's because of stereo typical judgments of men in that age range.

Does a divorced guy in his 40's equal, to you, a "single guy" or would that "divorced" caveat make him more acceptable?

One of my previous co-workers who was in his 20's asked me out awhile ago. But he had mommy issues too.

Could be why I spend a lot of time with my dog.

I have a 43 years old friend dating a 23 year old woman(girl) he is sooo proud, she is sooo stupid. I swear she uses the word like five times a sentance, even with a six word sentance, and he thinks we're jealous. Omm, no I had a 23 year old woman ONCE (lovin) is was a nightmare compared to later in life. Excluding the whole affair thing of course.

No, more seriously, change it up. Or better yet stop looking. You maybe putting to much pressure on yourself.

• Author
Hope Shimmers

I think I mentioned in a previous post here that awhile ago I was dating a nice guy - cardiologist so we had similar careers and interests - and he asked me to marry him (WAY too early). He just turned 60 and I am still in my 40's and at one point when we were dating he told me that sex was really not a priority for him anymore, although he seems to like it, but he didn't want me to like it too much. :confused:

I really don't want to give up sex in my 40's so I had to pass on that (there were other reasons).