End Times Events

John 12:14, The Bible

And this event was prophecied 550 years prior:

"See, your king comes to you, righteous and victorious, lowly and riding on a donkey, on a colt, the foal of a donkey." (Zechariah 9:9)

I always thought this verse was important because it unifies the idea of Christ being a "victorious" king while also being "lowly". There are several independent verses which support both sides of the coin, but this one unifies them in a single verse.

Also notice how it repeats the word donkey (or colt) three times. Repitition in Scripture is used to stress an important concept. Who would have thought a donkey would be such an important detail?

Edited by M30USA
  • Like 1
Pie, I promise to get back to you on this, as I intend to refresh my own memory as to the chain of events that take place.

As far as the Second Coming, this takes place and basically initiates Armageddon...which is IMO is WWIII and the actual battle between Jesus and Satan. This takes place and signifies the end of the 7 yr Trib leading in to the 1000 year reign of Jesus, the new heaven and earth, the Millennium period.

Pie, I believe when most people communicate Jesus's return, they are in fact meaning the Rapture of the Church, which is debatable concerning the time frame in which this takes place- I will only name two possible scenarios because I think only two are Biblical- the Pre Trib Rapture and the Mid Trib Rapture.

I think this is a fascinating subject and when I happened upon this article God poured His Spirit out big time all over me and unspeakable joy and peace took place. I saw the significance of this Red Heifer being found in the US. It was a sign for me that the US and Israel are still very much interconnected. I feared because of such a turning away in this nation from God, that we had lost all of Gods favor.

What I intend to do is gather once again the prophetic Scriptures and line them up with current events and future events ... it's all out there and should be fairly easy, it's just going through all of it to weed out the opinions from fact.

Pie, I think this is why I have been so intent concerning the political aspects of the world in the last couple of years and have literally been obsessed. Family and friends have been concerned saying I need to quit watching the news, and I understand there is a psychological term for this "obsession". I can't help it because I want to learn it and need to understand it. I can't tell you how many nights that didn't end until 3 or 4 am (and a few where the sun has come up) reading researching and at times not even knowing what I was looking for, not knowing where to start.

I literally feel like Richard D from Close Encounters of the Third Kind...lol M30:)

I have been feeling so out of the will of God it isn't even funny, hearing God is not concerned with the "politics" of this world and being so driven in this area- wow. God finally gave me the connection last night, being so into Bible Prophecy it makes sense that in today's day and hour current events would be a passion also...thanks for listening to this- whatever it is ...rant/revelation.:)

General Douglas MacArthur believed that WW3 will be "interplanetary" and will involve the nations of the earth uniting against an invading enemy. Anyone can look this quote up. I believe he is right. But I believing the "invading" enemy will be Jesus Christ and his angels and saints. They, not the inhabitants of earth, will be the good guys. Nobody ever thinks they are on the bad side. This is how it will be during the final war.

• Like 1
Ive withdrawn from these types of threads. (usually) If people want to believe in Donkeys knowing that the 2nd coming will choose them over an Aston Martin DB9 then we have to accept peoples beliefs no matter how outlandlish and unprovable. No one will ever know

"You gotta respect everyone's beliefs? No you don't. That's what gets us in trouble. You have to ACKNOWLEDGE everyone's beliefs. And then you have to reserve the right to say 'that is f***ing stupid, are you kidding me?' "

-- Patton Oswalt

• Like 1

It's becoming clearer and clearer to me that the reason so many members of the religious right tend to be gung-ho in favour of expanded military incursions and opposed to efforts to repair humanity's damage to the natural environment is that they see their positions as helping to hasten the arrival of the so-called "End Times".

In the meantime they condemn millions to die, but what do they care? They believe they'll be "lifted out" anyway, so what's it to them?

Years from now, our descendants will shake their heads in disbelief at the fact that we willingly ceded so much power and influence to people who believed in talking snakes, miracles, a man living in a "big fish", etc.

"If there's one thing I hate more than prophecy, it's self-fulfilling prophecy."

• Like 2
It's becoming clearer and clearer to me that the reason so many members of the religious right tend to be gung-ho in favour of expanded military incursions and opposed to efforts to repair humanity's damage to the natural environment is that they see their positions as helping to hasten the arrival of the so-called "End Times".

In the meantime they condemn millions to die, but what do they care? They believe they'll be "lifted out" anyway, so what's it to them?

Not me. Not the Bible either.

"From the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven has suffered violence, and the violent take it by force." (Matthew 11:12)

Madman, I know just enough Latin to recognize your signature says something about justice and the sky? What does it mean?

People can believe whatever they like. But believing that a donkey is somehow endowed with unearthly knowing invites, well you know what. I see no portents of doom, the world has always had fanatical believers in every religion. My late Father was devout catholic. We got on very well apart from some heady arguments every time god was mentioned. As a comedian once said.

The science guys have Bunsen burners Petri dishes etc and the religious guys have a book. Does not bother me if someone believes but doom and gloom does not have to go hand in hand with it.

"You gotta respect everyone's beliefs? No you don't. That's what gets us in trouble. You have to ACKNOWLEDGE everyone's beliefs. And then you have to reserve the right to say 'that is f***ing stupid, are you kidding me?' "

-- Patton Oswalt

People can believe whatever they like. But believing that a donkey is somehow endowed with unearthly knowing invites, well you know what. I see no portents of doom, the world has always had fanatical believers in every religion. My late Father was devout catholic. We got on very well apart from some heady arguments every time god was mentioned. As a comedian once said.

The science guys have Bunsen burners Petri dishes etc and the religious guys have a book. Does not bother me if someone believes but doom and gloom does not have to go hand in hand with it.

The Bible doesn't say the donkey knew who was riding on his back. That was my part.

• Like 1
  • Author
pureinheart
Like how long, do you figure?

I'm not sure Trimmer.

Sorry M30USA. Slight faux pau. Got carried away.

The Bible doesn't say the donkey knew who was riding on his back. That was my part.
Madman, I know just enough Latin to recognize your signature says something about justice and the sky? What does it mean?

It's a legal maxim, translated as "let justice be done, though the heavens fall." It's sometimes mistranslated as "let justice be done OR the heavens fall", which obviously would change the meaning somewhat.

• Like 1

An albino squirrel came to me in a dream this morning and told me to lock myself inside my car when the end time event of the 1979 film Apocalypse Now is rerelased on Blu-Ray. Should I listen? I'm thinking I'll do it at the drive-in, just in case they decide to show it as one of the double features (the other feature being, "Defending Your Life" starring Al Brooks and Meryl Streep. Heard its a good training video for new souls).

An albino squirrel came to me in a dream this morning and told me to lock myself inside my car when the end time event of the 1979 film Apocalypse Now is rerelased on Blu-Ray. Should I listen? I'm thinking I'll do it at the drive-in, just in case they decide to show it as one of the double features (the other feature being, "Defending Your Life" starring Al Brooks and Meryl Streep. Heard its a good training video for new souls).

We'll talk about that when you actually have such a dream.

• Like 1
We'll talk about that when you actually have such a dream.

How do you know I didn't have that dream? Did you teleport yourself inside my temporal lobe this morning? Are you going to tell me that I also didn't dream I was a guest contestant on the Price Is Right, and shared contestants row with rock star Limahl and actor Brad Pitt? Or that I dreamt I drove around one night looking for my lost cat in a mini red convertible and finally found my cat at a rave happening in NYC?

Mathew 7:1-5: Judge not, that ye not be judged...

• Like 1
How do you know I didn't have that dream? Did you teleport yourself inside my temporal lobe this morning? Are you going to tell me that I also didn't dream I was a guest contestant on the Price Is Right, and shared contestants row with rock star Limahl and actor Brad Pitt? Or that I dreamt I drove around one night looking for my lost cat in a mini red convertible and finally found my keys at a rave happening in NYC?

I'm talking about dreams where a person is given instructions or where they perceive they are given instructions.

I'm talking about dreams where a person is given instructions or where they perceive they are given instructions.

I think it's not for you to judge whether or not my dreams are my dreams.

I think it's not for you to judge whether or not my dreams are my dreams.

It seems pretty clear from your post that your post was satirical. As readers, we must always make certain inferences otherwise what we read lacks meaning and context.

As for your reference of Matthew 7, you've misapplied it. We are only forbidden to judge when we, ourselves, are not guilty of the same sin. Read the whole chapter. It's talking about hypocrisy. Notice how it goes on to tell us we SHOULD judge but only once we've taken the log out of our own eye. Also, Paul tells us that we are not to judge by appearances, but we are to judge with right judgement

It seems pretty clear from your post that your post was satirical. As readers, we must always make certain inferences otherwise what we read lacks meaning and context.

As for your reference of Matthew 7, you've misapplied it. We are only forbidden to judge when we, ourselves, are not guilty of the same sin. Read the whole chapter. It's talking about hypocrisy. Notice how it goes on to tell us we SHOULD judge but only once we've taken the log out of our own eye. Also, Paul tells us that we are not to judge by appearances, but we are to judge with right judgement

I misapplied that quote based on your opinion, despite the fact that you judged me so it does apply to you as well. Doesn't it?

• Like 1
We are only forbidden to judge when we, ourselves, are not guilty of the same sin.

Typo. I meant "when we ARE guilty of the same sin".

• Like 1
  • Author
pureinheart
And this event was prophecied 550 years prior:

"See, your king comes to you, righteous and victorious, lowly and riding on a donkey, on a colt, the foal of a donkey." (Zechariah 9:9)

I always thought this verse was important because it unifies the idea of Christ being a "victorious" king while also being "lowly". There are several independent verses which support both sides of the coin, but this one unifies them in a single verse.

Also notice how it repeats the word donkey (or colt) three times. Repitition in Scripture is used to stress an important concept. Who would have thought a donkey would be such an important detail?

Exactly. The Jewish people were expecting a "king" in human terms to eliminate Roman oppression or any other type of oppression that might arise. I can understand how they felt.

Yes, I especially take notice when God uses the term "woe" ....

• Author
pureinheart
How do you know I didn't have that dream? Did you teleport yourself inside my temporal lobe this morning? Are you going to tell me that I also didn't dream I was a guest contestant on the Price Is Right, and shared contestants row with rock star Limahl and actor Brad Pitt? Or that I dreamt I drove around one night looking for my lost cat in a mini red convertible and finally found my cat at a rave happening in NYC?

So you weren't being sarcastic? I saw it as typical sarcasm. Some people are hardwired concerning sarcasm IMO, especially if they are opposed to a particular topic.

Exactly. The Jewish people were expecting a "king" in human terms to eliminate Roman oppression or any other type of oppression that might arise. I can understand how they felt.

Yes, I especially take notice when God uses the term "woe" ....

We Christians do the same today. Just look at the most popular pastor in the nation (I won't use name) who says that God wants us to live "above our circumstances and not under our circumstances"; that God wants us to "reign as kings"; and that God wants us to have "our best life now".

Oh really? Sounds like what Peter said to Jesus right before he was rebuked and called Satan. Peter I think had good intentions (and so might the above pastor) but he clearly had in mind the "things of man" and not the "things of God".

Edited by M30USA
  • Author
pureinheart
That is a cute calf! And it's true, even the hooves were reddish.

But I've never heard of this as a biblical sign. Is there a website I can see that can clearly lay out the order of the signs that are to be expected? How many things have to happen still? Why do people say that Jesus can come back at any second, when it seems some of these signs haven't been completed?

IMO it's a Biblical sign that's not talked about that much, it's more of a "detail" in some circles, but I think it's major. In order for the Jewish people to return to O/T rituals they need their Temple and all of the things that go with it which has been a painstaking task. I'm not sure exactly when this takes place during the Trib, but it could be the very thing that ignites the Trib.

The major sign IMO was Israel becoming a "state" IN 1948. This article lays out a pretty good explanation.

The End Times Are Screaming at Us!

It's not exacty what I wanted, but this has turned out to be harder than I told you prior. I can't find an article that puts all of the prophetic Scriptures together in order of timeframe and also connecting them with current events. I had a pretty good one, but can't find it now...

• Like 1
  • Author
pureinheart
We Christians do the same today. Just look at the most popular pastor in the nation (I won't use name) who says that God wants us to live "above our circumstances and not under our circumstances"; that God wants us to "reign as kings"; and that God wants us to have "our best life now".

Oh really? Sounds like what Peter said to Jesus right before he was rebuked and called Satan. Peter I think had good intentions (and so might the above pastor) but he clearly had in mind the "things of man" and not the "things of God".

Now who would you be talking about M30:D. I agree with the first quote, but not the other two. I don't want to be a king and my best life will be in heaven with the Lord. I will try to be the best I can, but am not into Kingdom Now theology.

todreaminblue
scientists are concerned over the absence of bees, i myself am concerned for the bees thats why i want to make my own natural hives and becomea beekeeper,whole species disappearing from this planet.......the ice caps are melting..the ozone layer is gettign thinner summer is getting hotter and winters are becoming less cold........if that isnt a sign what is......

repent the time is nigh,

if you don't ,

you don't get wings and fly......kidding...not really..... i would suggest repent just in case the antartica is gone by the end of the week

repent means to say sorry,know what you have doen is bad mean it sincerely and never do it again......i do it often...i often make mistakes

no one is going to repent however for the bees or the species that are dying out.....no one.....everyone blames everyone else and continues to hair spray their coif before work as the eat their honey on toast and hop into their non fuel efficient cars they complain about the price of petrol, instead of maybe walkin it..........

what woudl the world be like without bees.......whole slews of vegetation would not get pollinated.......the food chain will collapse.......scientists are concerned that this is happening.....scientists ai am talking about not religious zealots......

what also cncerns scientists are the mutating of diseases that are jumping from animals to people......plagues of insects are forming because species are dying out that once controlled them

the species that have died out include pollinators.....bats, birds, and finally.....bees......bats through a fungus that was once harmless now isnt harmless......birds through loss of sight at night ....one new years eve thousands of blind birds flew into the air from shock.....when they were opened up in the morgue they had one common denominator they looked like they had all been hit by blunt force trauma.....fish that were hardy and prolific floated belly up in several places due to damns adn an increse of gas in the water.....

so lets recap....diseases jumping from animal to human....extinction of whole species...plagues of insects with no alpha to control them and the destruction of our own food chain due to lack of pollination by birds bats and bees.........scientific proof of this happening

but also........given to us through prophesy to be prepared.....prophesied in the bible hundreds of years ago.......scary huh...

so i say sorry and i repent when i do something wrong....for the bees.....for the bats.....for the birds...for the fish for the humans dying out from mutating disease as we encroach on animal dominions more everyday....deforestation....erosion....lack of a simple tree here and there...and i am praying hard every night before i go to sleep and i believe that the scientists are too....that's what i was getting at..you want proof ....ask a scientist.....i am not one, i just listen to them.....deb

• Like 1