My story a year and a half after being completely heartbroken.

Hi Ben, this is a great thread you've started here! My ex-boyfriend and I broke up 3 months ago. After he called it off, we were NC for 1 month and apart for the summer. (He did it over Skype because he said he didn't want to string me on any longer). Then I broke NC by writing him a letter and a text to ask him when I could collect my stuff from his house when we were both back in the same city again. We then made plans to meet so he could further explain himself, and since we met that day we've been NC for 2 months. I'm doing really well in terms of NC but I still think about him a lot. Hehe.

If you don't mind me asking, why did you and your ex-gf breakup? Also, there's been a recurring theme that I've picked up on from reading these threads regarding NC - why is it that people seem to choose to better themselves only after they've been through a break up and not while they're in a relationship? I mean, I'm victim to it myself but it's just sad that people only do the things they really love again after they get out of a relationship. It's strange.