I'm not sure if he is interested or just teasing..

If the brother was actually rushed to the ER, this was no joke.

If you find out the brother was not taken to the ER I agree you have been played.

• Author
Springfairy
If the brother was actually rushed to the ER, this was no joke.

If you find out the brother was not taken to the ER I agree you have been played.

Unfortunately, I have no way to prove whether he was or not.

But he asked if we could go out next week same day and time.I haven't responded.

I guess I should give him the benefit of the doubt, and reschedule.If he doesn't show again,

then he's been messing with my feelings.

Edited by Springfairy

You are not an idiot.

I think this is a typo of some sort but I'm not sure what you were trying to say. Can you rephrase?

He didn't want my cellphone number, but gave me mine, which makes me feel like this was a joke.

Going forward, if you do give him a second chance, make sure you both have each other's #s.

• Author
Springfairy
You are not an idiot.

I think this is a typo of some sort but I'm not sure what you were trying to say. Can you rephrase?

Going forward, if you do give him a second chance, make sure you both have each other's #s.

OOPS,

Sorry.

He didn't want my phone number, but gave me his.He told me he'd get mine when I texted/called.I texted, so he has it now.

• Author
Springfairy

I sent a text message saying I hope his brother is okay.

He responded "Yeah, he's okay, feeling a bit better and back at home"

Responded "That's great! Glad to hear it."

He responded with "Yup,but I have to go to work right now, so keep me in touch ok."

Friends said that response means he doesn't care/stop texting.So I think that's that.

Edited by Springfairy

You did all the right things here.

If he texts / calls it's up to you how you respond but I think your friends are right. The ball is in his court & you should not initiate contact again.

• Author
Springfairy

I think it was a very jerkish thing to do somebody.

You don't play around with peoples emotions like that, and throw mix signals here and there.

Unfortunately people send out mixed signals all the time. This may have been the 1st time it happened to you, but it probably won't be the last. Sorry.

Since he's the one who broke the date at the last minute to care for his brother (which was the right thing to do assuming the brother was legitimately ill), he should be crawling after you at this point to make it up to you. His failure to do that -- or even to respond more enthusiastically to your overtures -- tells me that he might not be as invested as you were.

• Author
Springfairy
Unfortunately people send out mixed signals all the time. This may have been the 1st time it happened to you, but it probably won't be the last. Sorry.

Since he's the one who broke the date at the last minute to care for his brother (which was the right thing to do assuming the brother was legitimately ill), he should be crawling after you at this point to make it up to you. His failure to do that -- or even to respond more enthusiastically to your overtures -- tells me that he might not be as invested as you were.

I understand family comes first, I do.I would do the same, and I understand him not texting before calling it off, as he did say he would get my number when I texted him.

I personally don't think someone should be kissing people's hands, caressing their cheeks or asking about their romantic life unless their a little interested.

I can also understand not being able to chat right now, if your going back to work/getting ready for work.But to do all that romantic/sweet talking is bull.And he should have just come out said he's not interested.Of course, I wouldn't want to remain friends afterwards, but it wouldn't be as hurtful.

• Author
Springfairy

Well,

I went to work today, and we were both waiting to clock in, he initated the conversation, asked how I was, and I did the same.He asked if I got his last text about his brother doing okay, because I didn't respond to it.I said yes, he then kept asking if I was upset, or angry.and was like "I just want to make sure your not angry with me." He then went on how he has tuesday and weds off, and he's open to doing something.And asked that I text him more often instead of being a stranger.:/

Well,

I went to work today, and we were both waiting to clock in, he initated the conversation, asked how I was, and I did the same.He asked if I got his last text about his brother doing okay, because I didn't respond to it.I said yes, he then kept asking if I was upset, or angry.and was like "I just want to make sure your not angry with me." He then went on how he has tuesday and weds off, and he's open to doing something.And asked that I text him more often instead of being a stranger.:/

What did you say in response? If you didn't tell him that you were hurt or upset you are now the one playing games.

As for his request that you text him, I would have said something like "phones work both ways. You call me" and leave it at that.

This boy is in your dog house. He needs to work to be let out.

• Author
Springfairy
What did you say in response? If you didn't tell him that you were hurt or upset you are now the one playing games.

As for his request that you text him, I would have said something like "phones work both ways. You call me" and leave it at that.

This boy is in your dog house. He needs to work to be let out.

I responded with "I was hurt, and embarrassed.I do understand that family issues come up.I just wish you would have taken my number so you could have let me known."

That is when he brought up his days off this week and told me he would like to try again, I just need to let him know what day and time I can.He then asked me what time I got off.

• Like 1
  • Author
Springfairy
Then it looks like he's trying.

What do you want at this point?

Still would like to meet up some time.I finally texted him and said "Just texting about that raincheck, maybe for next week? If you truly don't want to or not interested, please let me know"

He wrote back "Next week is good, let me get back to you tomorrow with my days off"

We've been texting for a little bit now.

• Like 1