Met a guy with an Australian visa dilemma; help! [update]

LittleTiger
He knows if we were to have a LDR it wouldn't be a LDR for long. I don't have time on my side. What is he going to send his sperm to me in the post?!

I feel if he doesn't have strong enough feelings for me after 3 months then I can't see how that will change in a LDR. He isn't going to decide 'oh wow I want to marry her and I can't live without her' if he doesn't already know if I'm the one. I feel most people know when they have met the 'one' pretty early on. Just from speaking from people. I know some people take more time to develop their feelings, but still they should still know early one and be fighting for it. Instead he is the one expecting ME to spend invest in the relationship to fly over to see him, for something that may or may not work out. And if we do decide to try the LDR thing and we do get married (which aint going to happen!) then I still can't get over there. So I'm just wasting valuable time. It's a lose/lose situation. He doesn't love me enought (if at all) to risk losing his dream. So I have to face facts this won't work.

If your goal is to have children asap and his goal is to start a new life in Australia, then you are poles apart.

Being fair to him, if he doesn't love you enough to risk losing his dream, then you don't love him enough to risk losing yours. You guys just aren't compatible because you want different things.

As Emilia says, if you knew you couldn't, or didn't want to, go with him, you would have been better ending it as soon as you knew he was moving away. It's sad but that's life sometimes.

• Like 2