OLD older men after younger women

Yeah I do see your point honestly tho unless im just strange at this point in my life ide rather go more for compatibility and having things in common then just the physical aspect of it if anything im apt to be accepting of a potential partners "flaws" these days.

And if your correct and this is the age were most "let them selves go" then why would a man over 35 who has let himself go.. Expect to get a women younger who is more apt to be in better shape? that's just going on your theory there of course doesn't make sense to me..

TigerLilly78, I was looking through the eyes of most men and perhaps women. People tend to seek out "the attractive" regardless of whether if he/she is fits the expectations that he/she may have for others. :)

I could be a sloth, but that won't stop me from wanting that hot, slim model, right? :)

Another theory. The younger women are not ruined by life yet. They are youthful

Bright eyed, and vibrantly full of energy.

• Like 2

Good point, Keenly!

tlTo add to that, they don't yet know just how terrible the world really is, and that positive energy and adventerous spirit warms a man in the back of his mind.

Eternal Sunshine
Do you not believe a 24 year old can satisfy your physical and emotional needs?

If you met one that blew you away, would you say no just because of his age?

No, I wouldn't say no but I assume that 24 yo men are after flings and are not into commitment. I now want a relationship.

Eternal Sunshine

Sidenote: it's going to be interesting when I hit the OLD scene in the new town I am moving to. It won't be for a few months though because I want to settle in first without worrying about dating.

• Like 2
  • Author
TigerLilly78
TigerLilly78, I was looking through the eyes of most men and perhaps women. People tend to seek out "the attractive" regardless of whether if he/she is fits the expectations that he/she may have for others. :)

I could be a sloth, but that won't stop me from wanting that hot, slim model, right? :)

I suppose not people do irrational things all the time just makes me scratch my head is all I guess. Then again I have always been burdened with this odd concept called common sense. I tend to stay with in my level or maybe a tad over it if im feeling confident with a person. But knowing im no rich super model I never expect to bag myself a brad pit..lol tbh Ide rather have a average Joe with a good sense of humor over Mr. pit any day anyways..so maybe I am odd..lol

But, you know, what's interesting is that these older men should also be aware that younger women are within their child-bearing years. I can't imagine many of these men wanting to be in a relationship with women with young(er) children. This leads me to believe that they are "simply" visually motivated. That is, a nice trophy wife for a companion and w/o children would be plus. I could be way off here...:)

I suppose not people do irrational things all the time just makes me scratch my head is all I guess. Then again I have always been burdened with this odd concept called common sense. I tend to stay with in my level or maybe a tad over it if im feeling confident with a person. But knowing im no rich super model I never expect to bag myself a brad pit..lol tbh Ide rather have a average Joe with a good sense of humor over Mr. pit any day anyways..so maybe I am odd..lol

Nah. I think most women think like you. My gf thinks brad is cute, but not certainly if she'd really want to date him. LOL! I'm probably wrong about that. :) My gf reads my posts on occasion, so I may get some feedback on this...:)

Online dating is a hassle for both sexes. There is always complaints - women complain about to much attention and the men complain about no attention.

Nobody can win.

If you dont want to date older guys, than dont. Nothing wrong with that.

My only advice to you as a guy is to just be blunt with men. Most men do not get subtleties (ie. the are dense :) ). Many women (notice I did not say all) do not communicate directly so men misunderstand. Just be blunt: "I am not interested, thanks".

There is no reason to justify nor explain. Its your choice and you dont have to explain to anyone.

• Like 1

Good point, Keenly!

Yes, and like the crypt keeper or the dementors in a Harry potter movie, the older men who are ruined by life wish to suck the life out of the younger women for all it is worth.

Parasites.

• Like 1
  • Author
TigerLilly78

Well just logged in and my latest interest was from a 61 year old yeah I don't even respond to them. I made it clear in the preferences my age range if they cannot read or do not care to be respectful of my choices then I figure I don't owe them a response.

I just want to clarify im not overly angry these men contact me its not a massive issue for me here. I was just curious if this happens to other women in general when OLD when I started this thread. So um yea looks like my back up plan of becoming a nun is looking better and better every day...lol

Older men have no business dating younger women. I'm talking about men 50+. They mostly already have children and don't want to change diapers again. They just want a good looking younger woman so they can feel good about themselves. I guess if they have enough money, they can convince a younger woman that children are not necessary. This is so contrary to what nature intended. I think it's sick. :mad:

No, I wouldn't say no but I assume that 24 yo men are after flings and are not into commitment. I now want a relationship.

Not all of us ES, not all of us ;) .

I have my eyes on the prize, as do most of my friends.

Yes, and like the crypt keeper or the dementors in a Harry potter movie, the older men who are ruined by life wish to suck the life out of the younger women for all it is worth.

Parasites.

Lol!:lmao: That too, Red, that too...

Parasites.

Two people making each other happy by offering each other what the other seeks ? HERESY!

Well just logged in and my latest interest was from a 61 year old yeah I don't even respond to them. I made it clear in the preferences my age range if they cannot read or do not care to be respectful of my choices then I figure I don't owe them a response.

I just want to clarify im not overly angry these men contact me its not a massive issue for me here. I was just curious if this happens to other women in general when OLD when I started this thread. So um yea looks like my back up plan of becoming a nun is looking better and better every day...lol

It happens to just about any women doing online dating. It doesn't make me mad either. I just don't want to waste my time even opening up their email.

I seem to recall that with okc, all you see is a pic next to the email. Not an age. That is why you need to use filters. Heck, when I do Match, I rarely even log in. The emails and likes get sent to my offline inbox... And only the ones that pass my filter.

So much easier that way!

... I will say this too.. After having tried to send polite rejections in the past and getting rude responses, I just don't respond anymore if I am not interested. Half the time I am doing my own searches and don't respond to any of them. *shrug*

• Author
TigerLilly78
It happens to just about any women doing online dating. It doesn't make me mad either. I just don't want to waste my time even opening up their email.

I seem to recall that with okc, all you see is a pic next to the email. Not an age. That is why you need to use filters. Heck, when I do Match, I rarely even log in. The emails and likes get sent to my offline inbox... And only the ones that pass my filter.

So much easier that way!

... I will say this too.. After having tried to send polite rejections in the past and getting rude responses, I just don't respond anymore if I am not interested. Half the time I am doing my own searches and don't respond to any of them. *shrug*

Yeah the site I use only has the preference's no setting for who can actually contact you I don't believe as I said earlier its a site for plus size gals. I wont use a reg dating site cause I feel its not fair to men who are not looking for a plus size women. Nor do I want to waist my time so its kinda limited in that way I guess. Working with what I got at the moment thinking of looking around more at a few different sites as well..

Two people making each other happy by offering each other what the other seeks ? HERESY!

Have you seen all of the posts here in the past, relating dating and marriage to prostitution? Or how marriage will suck the life out of you, and women will empty your bank account, that's the only reason they want to marry you (and have babies).

Funny how, with the older man/younger woman dynamic, it's suddenly "true love".

Yeah the site I use only has the preference's no setting for who can actually contact you I don't believe as I said earlier its a site for plus size gals. I wont use a reg dating site cause I feel its not fair to men who are not looking for a plus size women. Nor do I want to waist my time so its kinda limited in that way I guess. Working with what I got at the moment thinking of looking around more at a few different sites as well..

Why not have more than one profile? Just honestly state your body type and show accurate pics. Put dates on the pics when they were taken. Lots of guys like fuller women. My ex bf told me the other day I am too skinny. We are very good friends now. I just told him I don't care what he thinks, lol.

Most people everywhere just want to know what they are getting and don't want to feel misled into a first meet.

Stay away from the free sites if you are worried. I used to get a lot of pervs when I did okc... And my pics are very tame.

Edited by RedRobin
  • Author
TigerLilly78
Why not have more than one profile? Just honestly state your body type and show accurate pics. Put dates on the pics when they were taken. Lots of guys like fuller women. My ex bf told me the other day I am too skinny. We are very good friends now. I just told him I don't care what he thinks, lol.

Most people everywhere just want to know what they are getting and don't want to feel misled into a first meet.

Stay away from the free sites if you are worried. I used to get a lot of pervs when I did okc... And my pics are very tame.

I see an thanks for that I might consider using reg sites as you say guess long as im open and honest witch I am anyways then there should be no issues I just never looked at it that way tbh..

Have you seen all of the posts here in the past, relating dating and marriage to prostitution? Or how marriage will suck the life out of you, and women will empty your bank account, that's the only reason they want to marry you (and have babies).

Funny how, with the older man/younger woman dynamic, it's suddenly "true love".

And I've also seen the posts about how men are terrible, all the same, stupid, irresponsible, afraid of commitment, and selfish perverts.

I fail to see the point you are trying to make?

People that hurt lash out in anger and frustration.

I joined match about a month ago and I find this problem way more on this site than pof which I also have a profile. I am 33 and I have my age preference set from 29-40, yet I rarely receive messages from anyone in that age group and they are generally late 40's all the way up to 60 something!

I just ignore and have it filtered, but thought it was odd because I don't have this problem on POF - it's actually the opposite 21-24 year olds are contacting me. I've also quit responding that they are too young/old because they just argue with me. I am tired of the line that "age ain't nothing but a number".

I just have no interest in dating someone who is my parent's age, yet they keep trying -giving me winks and liking my photos.

Sidenote: it's going to be interesting when I hit the OLD scene in the new town I am moving to. It won't be for a few months though because I want to settle in first without worrying about dating.

I'm telling you, ES, the world will be your oyster because you will have free rein to approach men as "the new girl in town." These men have dated OLD flakes and are jaded. An attractive real woman talking to them in real time will be irresistible. They will be chivalrous, eager to help and want to show you around. Pretend to be a little bit helpless. Men want to be needed. :bunny:

• Like 2