Divorce questions

Given the long response period (in Cali it's 30 days) you've stated, and that your H hasn't pursued the matter further, and that it sounds like you don't want a divorce, you could just wait it out after determining what, if any, legal rights you lose by not consenting formally. The courts are pretty good about sharing process information but don't dispense legal advice so you could contact the court, get a referral to legal aid or a court recommended mediator/coach and receive further information on the specifics of your case that way. This again presumes you don't want to get divorced and wish to keep costs low. Once you gain a complete understanding of the process, risks and your choices, then make a decision.

How it goes in my local court is one party serves the other and the other has 30 days to respond or the filing becomes subject to a motion of default by the petitioner (the person who filed) but that person must file such a motion to proceed. If nothing is done, the lawsuit does not proceed and, after a period of time, is dismissed due to lack of prosecution. This can occur at the court's discretion, whether or not the six month cooling off period has run.

Find out the processes in your jurisdiction and proceed accordingly. Good luck!

Hardgrind

Perhaps its as simple as money, and his attorney is waiting for an additional payment from your spouse which for whatever reason has not yet happened. How is your husband's financial situation?

• Author
Perhaps its as simple as money, and his attorney is waiting for an additional payment from your spouse which for whatever reason has not yet happened. How is your husband's financial situation?

he makes pretty decent money. he still pays my car insurance. which I dont know why!

• Author
he makes pretty decent money. he still pays my car insurance. which I dont know why!

I forgot to mention that this was a online divorce lawyer that cost 219.00