I put a total show on second date (THE DATE)

lonesurvivorever

lonesurvivorever

http://www.loveshack.org/forums/romantic/dating/473130-i-put-total-show-my-second-date-background

So I asked him to tell me where we should meet for the SECOND DATE. He chose a PARK without hesitation. Before this, he asked me out to a museum (whose admissions are donations) earlier which I didn't make. At this point, I was pretty confident to say this guy's MONEY SPENDING HABIT is quite something. He would never ask me to DINNER, drinks are his maximum. and I tell you this, he is making around $150,000 totalling his two jobs. However, I've known him a little and I quit using how much he would like to spend on me to judge how much he is into me. I kinda feel that's bull**** too. People are different. Anyways,I used to have all kind of men taking me to fancy places but they are skin deep, richer than him certainly. So I tried not to read into this professor's quirks too much.

Now here come my quirks. Given our very complex past of interactions and the unforgettable miserable first date as well as the feelings he still gave me that he was not a SINCERE man looking for love, I decided to put a show on the new date for a little retaliation to the bad experiences before (I know, absurd and childish)and to see how he would react to UNEXPECTED SITUATIONS.

I wore a very exotic national costume to the date. When I was walking anywhere, tons of people stared at me, some offered compliments. The outfit was very beautiful and elegant though just very rare and ancient. The professor was waiting for me at an entrance of building in the busiest block of this big city. He sure was very shocked to see me wearing like that. But he tried to act calm. and we started acting normal like friends and kept the conversation flowing.

Then I asked if he was really going to take me to the park, he had to agree with that because he said earlier. So I suggested we walk there passing several dozens of blocks in the busiest business district with hundreds of professionals and tourists passing by. That was such a TOUGH moment for him I know, because he is a LOW KEY man. He tried to act cool walking with me while some pedestrians kept staring at him after seeing me. He was acting not that comfortable and not confident at all. After we made to the park when not many people around, I noticed that he RELAXED so much. And he asked me to sit at a bench to talk. His first question went like" can you tell me who you really are? how come you showed like two complete different persons from last date?" I just smiled away and said something light. I do act very differently than what he knew me as. This time I walked around like a star, with mad swagger (uh, I do show swagger sometimes), leaving him look like a sub par little man. Before I was being very RESERVED and MODEST. He got too confused, it is understandable. He even gave me a comment like "see how popular you are?" but I don't want to say it was in a positive tone.

So it got chilly in the park as the night approached, it was the time for him to show some more true colors, either kept me sitting in the park or something better. I wasn't expecting anything after I figured out his spending habit. But all in a sudden, after mind battling, he wanted to take me to the top floor of one of the most luxurious hotels nearby. I was very happy to hear that because first, those places are my regular and second I thought he valued me to some degree now. Right away, I grabbed his arms for the first time and headed there happily. He was still not too comfortable walking with an over confident me, especially after we got into the hotel. I could sense his low confidence level easily but he never pulled back from me, walking like an couple. very smooth.

On the top floor, something funny happened. Looking around all the dapper looking business people eating at the fancy place, he became hesitant, asking me what I really wanted to do now. I said I'm Ok, not that hungry, a little. He used quite a few minutes to mind battling again, then decided to take me to a lounge not that expensive nearby. At the lounge, he ordered drinks for us. No food mentioned again. But he did say something like he didn't want me to starve so I asked some light food. Then we finally began our real conversation.

During the conversation, I still acted very differently from before, very PASSIONATELY. I started touching his head,ear,hand with affection while talking. Totally not like last time, HE DIDNOT INITIATE anything intimate with me, only looked enjoying what I was doing. I talked about my life very carefreely, revealing a little about how I enjoyed partying, dancing and being a wild child sometimes when I was younger. He listened attentively and showed me he's having fun talking. Even commenting me as "a wonderful human being". About him, he confessed he never enjoyed his college life, hates frats, never lived in a dorm, etc along with his wonderlust to the world. The best part, he showed me his VULNERABILITY by telling me how other kids used to make fun of him in college and now seeing he is living an amazing life. I comforted him on that part.

Later, when we decided to go, actually he said that around midnight, we went to the subway together and I HAD to ASK him to get out in the middle to send me back to my place. In the subway, I acted even more passionately, having his arms around me and whispering into his ears. Yes, still with that costume on and passengers staring. He HUMORED me very well till the end.

After I got back, I knew I enjoyed the date very much. But then my usually very accurate gut told me something might be up with him. Then I was proven right, he showed me a strong tendency to cut loose from me ever.

Let's put aside how I feel about the aftermath now. Can some people especially mature men analyze a little of our date, give me your opinions on how you would feel if you were him? Appreciate it.

I would run away?

I wanna see the costume too

What's with your obession on how much he spends on you? Given your actions spending as little as possible on you would be my move of choice as well.

• Like 1

You've seen too many bad romantic comedies OP. Why do all this to him? If he pulled **** like this on you you'd be furious. This is borderline sociopathic.

• Like 1

It seems like you were being bizarre for the sake of being bizarre. I probably wouldn't set up a third date. If I did, I'm not sure how seriously I would take it.

• Like 1

I don't think it happened. If it did, surely she'd post a pic to give us the full impact of her - tomfoolery... I mean, outfit.