Do bigger women actually want a skinnier dude?

People want what is attractive. I will admit there are some beautiful women that are bigger. The thing is big is a subjective thing. On person's big is perfect for another person or an average sized woman is big to another guy. Lots of men love a Rubenesque woman but some don't have the balls to admit it

Edited by joystickd
  • Like 1
passion_flower

Speaking as a girl who's quite a few stone heavier than my skinny boyfriend, I would be lying if I said the size difference didn't bother me. In an ideal world I would weigh less than him but it's just not going to happen although I do plan on losing a few stone.

I never saw myself dating a really skinny guy but I looked past that because I liked him, same with him.

Everyone is different and has their own preferences so I don't see the point of generalizing. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and all that. Skinny, muscular, tall, short, fat.. Its more about chemistry and attraction.

TigerLilly78
People who online date are nuts and the stigma associated with it is never ever going away.

From what I hear from my friends who tried it, co-workers, etc. and what I read here (like this posts in this thread and 100,000+ others)...

Both people fully expect the other to "misrepresent" (LIE!) about themselves. To make matters even worse, 90% of the time it turns out one or both of them do!

You can expect the following:

1. LIE about their age.

2. LIE about their height.

3. LIE about their weight.

4. LIE and post pictures from 5+ years ago.

5. LIE about their job, salary, employment status, etc.

6. LIE about their living arrangements and who they are living with.

7. LIE about if they are in a relationship or married.

8. LIE about what they are looking for.

9. LIE throughout their profile in which they are honestly suppose to describe themselves, likes, dislikes, etc.

10. LIE, LIE, LIE, LIE about the stupidest things like where they grew up, went to school, if they graduated, what they got their degree in, what kind of car they drive, if they have a car, if they have kids, medical issues, etc.

Then the Guys and Girls knowing one or both is LYING play the "Pen Pal" game for weeks, months to try and delay meeting the other person with the sole purpose of trying to get the person to "fall for them" via email, text messages, phone calls, etc.

They do this with the hope that when they finally do meet and see that one or both of them were LIED TOO, DECEIVED and MANIPULATED... They are both are big enough LOSERS and "emotionally involved" due to being a "pen pal" for weeks and months... they agree to date anyway.

That is the most fu5ked up thing I have ever heard and totally not normal or natural. The whole premise of what both people usually are doing is based upon false pretenses and the whole relationship is started / based on LIES. Now granted someone you walk up to and ask out in the real world can lie about a great many things too but at least you know you are talking to a boy / girl (you don't know when online dating), generally how old they are, what they look like, if you find them attractive or now and if you "click".

Only people who are one of the following would ever partake in that madness: Desperate, insecure, social awkward, cheater, rebounder, attention seeker, player, someone only looking for sex, loser, creep and INSANE people.

At the office (1,000+ people in our building) when someone says "they online date" we all kind of shake our heads and all know why. We interact with them and already know that something is "off" with "those people". We know their only hope and prayer is online dating and meeting someone "weird" / "desperate" like them. "Those people" have little to no chance of meeting a "normal person" the normal way and having someone like them back.

Clearly LS is full of "those people" but for you "normal people" who online date...

It seems to me that it would be 1,000 times easier and far less trouble to just walk up to people start up a conversation / ask them out why you are out and about in the world. You plainly see what they look like and know that you find them attractive.

I honestly don't get it. Are "normal people" really that afraid and can't handle rejection via the "cold approach" so they have to resort to drastic measures like online dating?

Hopefully some of you "normal people" can explain it to me. I'd rather get shot down in person 100 times instead of wasting my time with dealing with losers online that have to lie to me and thinks I am a desperate loser like they are and will overlook it.

Wild guess here but im thinking your last on line date wasn't that great holey moley hostile much...pmsl

• Like 2

OP, you might be on to something, as I apparently, in retrospect anyway, appeared to be the only 'contemporary' in my exW's cadre of husbands, and including her current live-in boyfriend since our D, all of whom were 'skinnier' than me. In fact, I'd bet her current BF weighs less than she does. Her second husband was quite tall (about a foot taller than her) and quite slender, or at least was during the time I knew him (post their D). Her current BF is a bit shorter than I am and probably 150-160 pounds tops and is built a lot like my dad was; wiry. If there was any meat to my instinct about her sexual attraction to me being less than comprehensive, perhaps you hit upon one potential component. People like what they like, regardless of what the mirror returns to them personally. That's how life goes.

I'm pretty sure that all women, no matter what they weigh would prefer a slimmer, more athletic man.

Very few women prefer a guy who is overweight.

Wrong! I like a belly on a guy..I think it's cute. I know other women who feel the same way.

And before anyone asks, no, I'm not fat. I just think a little pudge on a guy is cute. But regarding the original question, no, I wouldn't date a guy who was smaller than me. I want to feel like a girl!

Edited by KaliLove

I honestly don't get it. Are "normal people" really that afraid and can't handle rejection via the "cold approach" so they have to resort to drastic measures like online dating?

Hopefully some of you "normal people" can explain it to me. I'd rather get shot down in person 100 times instead of wasting my time with dealing with losers online that have to lie to me and thinks I am a desperate loser like they are and will overlook it.

Interesting question, maybe deserves its own thread so people will see it and comment?

I haven't used online dating myself. But I have noticed what you have too, just about anyone I have met IRL who admits to being into online dating seems a little... off.

However, I can see how someone who wants to date could get impatient trying to find someone compatible, and would turn to OLD to increase the potential number of partners they could meet?

Apparently nice, normal people do sometimes hook up via online dating, so there must be nice, normal people on there.

TigerLilly78
Interesting question, maybe deserves its own thread so people will see it and comment?

I haven't used online dating myself. But I have noticed what you have too, just about anyone I have met IRL who admits to being into online dating seems a little... off.

However, I can see how someone who wants to date could get impatient trying to find someone compatible, and would turn to OLD to increase the potential number of partners they could meet?

Apparently nice, normal people do sometimes hook up via online dating, so there must be nice, normal people on there.

Well there you go see you too likeminded individual's found each other so there is hope yet..lol

GoodOnPaper
I am a newcomer to OLD, but have already had dates with a couple of women who are quite a bit bigger than their photos suggest. What I find weird is that I am on the thin side. Do larger women actually like dating guys who are so much lighter? Even though I am taller, I feel a little bit of confusion on this. Wouldn't women want their guy to be bigger than them? I am not trying to be a jerk about the weight thing, but I am kind of thrown off by both the misrepresentation and also just the thought of being with someone so much bigger. Almost a challenge to my masculinity or something, being the "little guy"

My wife is 8 inches shorter than me but considerably heavier - it threw me at first, too. However, at 6' 0" and 165 lbs, I was by far the shortest and heaviest guy she had dated seriously. I don't think this "preference" was necessarily a conscious thing but once or twice I kidded her about how she "liked her men tall and lanky".