RE:mom who read journal, Please advise before 1:00pm eastern time today

ImKris

• Author
Originally posted by Bubbles

There is an old saying:

"Keep your friends close......and your enemies........even CLOSER"

You should want to meet this kid that your daughter likes. Goodness.....at least she's wanting to bring him home! Would you rather that she goes behind your back and starts lying to you about where she is just so that she can meet him secretly and do all those things that you don't want her doing?

I do not blame you for being upset about the fact that she TOLD you rather than asking but.......tee, hee, heeeee I really love the fact that you took money out of HER account to pay for HIM..,.......That! was genious!!!!!!!

Good Luck!

bubbles

I AGREE! :)

OK... I panic :( ... and yea, I'm nuts :o , and thats ok ;) , I am someone that when put in a situation that I have not been given enough time to comprehend my parenting situation, I freak a bit, but she's worth it.

Thats why I post here.

I DON'T want to screw up with her. I work hard at keeping open communication and honesty and I'm not afraid to reach out to do the best for her. I also understand that I should expect a certain amount of rebellion. Rebellion and maturity can sometimes be misconstrude as far as I know.

I LOVE HER.

I worry about it ALL. I worry about her head, her heart, her health, her feelings, her fun, her spirirt, her everything. And yet, I'm the bitch. I keep her grounded, I keep it real, I keep it as honest as I can, I want this girl to SHINE! I want my girl to rock, I want my girl to be confidant and self assured in her own self. I want her to see in herself what I know to be true. If you knew her you would ABSOLUTELY love her too. Everyone does. She's just awful to me.

I am 100% on duty 24/7 to keep her free, yet grounded. I accept that I may screw up but I also know, who doesn't? I don't kiss myself in the ass over it because hell, someone else is already waiting in the wings to do it to me anyway.

So... I chose to suck it up and meet the boy. I figured (with trepidation), if he shows, ( I hoped he wouldn't, considering I was scared too); (Anger is mostly derived from fear, this I know) I will only have to deal with it then. And he showed, God bless him...

I was amazingly calm yet mildly firm and absolute I must say, and it may have caused our daughter ambarrassment during moments, but I believe what I said at dinner cleared a huge amount of misunderstanding that she and he created with thier underdeveloped sense of maturity.

I put EVERYTHING on the table., and yea, I let them know that I knew everything. I haven't mentioned it here, but I discovered more stuff about the boy and put that on the table too. He was knocked out. I told him that I appreciated his bravery and his ability to come to meet us knowing what we knew. I let him know that I certainly see 50-50 here (all this was said in front of my daughter) and that I'm not angry; disappointed yes, but not angry.

I put it on the table, we kept it honest and they were put on the spot for their actions and at the end of dinner I let them know that I believe I had done the best that I can do to help them understand thier positions. Should they not chose to heed my advice, I will be forced to bring in his folks, us, thier teachers and unit director together to discuss how we can deal with thier behavior.

I let the boy know that this was my girl and any boy who thinks they deserve her better be ready to give her 100% If not, don't be shy, move on... If she's at your door naked, SHUT the door! Look at her and say to yourself, "Hell NO!"

Bubbles, those were my thoughts exactly! :-)

My H and I sat in the truck at the resturant as they sat in the waiting area, for about five minutes, when we were leaving. We talked and I knew those two needed to talk and digress as well. Alot was pulled out tonight. After we dropped him off, my daughter almost cried when she said, "I'm so sorry I lied to you guys" "Mom, he liked you so much,... he said he told you more than he has ever told his mom, how great is that?"

I just said, " That's great honey, I'm happy for you, I hope he honors you the way you want him to because you deseve it from anyone one you chose."

OK LS pal, YUCK! Between my adult world with you and my friends I HATE THIS THANK YOU!!!!..... but I'm a parent and, yes, How great is THAT!?! for today anyway.

THANK YOU>>>THANK YOU>>>>THANK YOU>>> You all rock in my book! Thanks for ALL Input! I so appreciate it!

Originally posted by ImKris

I AGREE! :)

OK... I panic :( ... and yea, I'm nuts :o , and thats ok ;) , I am someone that when put in a situation that I have not been given enough time to comprehend my parenting situation, I freak a bit, but she's worth it.

Thats why I post here.

I DON'T want to screw up with her. I work hard at keeping open communication and honesty and I'm not afraid to reach out to do the best for her. I also understand that I should expect a certain amount of rebellion. Rebellion and maturity can sometimes be misconstrude as far as I know.

I LOVE HER.

I worry about it ALL. I worry about her head, her heart, her health, her feelings, her fun, her spirirt, her everything. And yet, I'm the bitch. I keep her grounded, I keep it real, I keep it as honest as I can, I want this girl to SHINE! I want my girl to rock, I want my girl to be confidant and self assured in her own self. I want her to see in herself what I know to be true. If you knew her you would ABSOLUTELY love her too. Everyone does. She's just awful to me.

I am 100% on duty 24/7 to keep her free, yet grounded. I accept that I may screw up but I also know, who doesn't? I don't kiss myself in the ass over it because hell, someone else is already waiting in the wings to do it to me anyway.

So... I chose to suck it up and meet the boy. I figured (with trepidation), if he shows, ( I hoped he wouldn't, considering I was scared too); (Anger is mostly derived from fear, this I know) I will only have to deal with it then. And he showed, God bless him...

I was amazingly calm yet mildly firm and absolute I must say, and it may have caused our daughter ambarrassment during moments, but I believe what I said at dinner cleared a huge amount of misunderstanding that she and he created with thier underdeveloped sense of maturity.

I put EVERYTHING on the table., and yea, I let them know that I knew everything. I haven't mentioned it here, but I discovered more stuff about the boy and put that on the table too. He was knocked out. I told him that I appreciated his bravery and his ability to come to meet us knowing what we knew. I let him know that I certainly see 50-50 here (all this was said in front of my daughter) and that I'm not angry; disappointed yes, but not angry.

I put it on the table, we kept it honest and they were put on the spot for their actions and at the end of dinner I let them know that I believe I had done the best that I can do to help them understand thier positions. Should they not chose to heed my advice, I will be forced to bring in his folks, us, thier teachers and unit director together to discuss how we can deal with thier behavior.

I let the boy know that this was my girl and any boy who thinks they deserve her better be ready to give her 100% If not, don't be shy, move on... If she's at your door naked, SHUT the door! Look at her and say to yourself, "Hell NO!"

Bubbles, those were my thoughts exactly! :-)

My H and I sat in the truck at the resturant as they sat in the waiting area, for about five minutes, when we were leaving. We talked and I knew those two needed to talk and digress as well. Alot was pulled out tonight. After we dropped him off, my daughter almost cried when she said, "I'm so sorry I lied to you guys" "Mom, he liked you so much,... he said he told you more than he has ever told his mom, how great is that?"

I just said, " That's great honey, I'm happy for you, I hope he honors you the way you want him to because you deseve it from anyone one you chose."

OK LS pal, YUCK! Between my adult world with you and my friends I HATE THIS THANK YOU!!!!..... but I'm a parent and, yes, How great is THAT!?! for today anyway.

THANK YOU>>>THANK YOU>>>>THANK YOU>>> You all rock in my book! Thanks for ALL Input! I so appreciate it!

Bravo. :)

:D You did better than I ever would hae :o That boy wouldn't have made it home....he'd be in a ditch somewhere with both of his legs broke :mad:

Props to you :bunny: