Would you ever get back together with your ex?

SinceYou'veBeenGone

I'm on the plane on my way over

If we had someone in our crew with an English accent, we'd fare pretty well. My French Canadian accent is meh...

• Like 1
organizedchaos
If she apologizes for hurting me and admits that she screwed up, and truly wants me back. Yes, I'd take her back.

I've though about her 24/7 since she dumped me four months ago.

Your relationship lasted 6 months. BU was 4 months ago. She's not going to apologize for anything. She ain't coming back.

Count me in, I`ll provide the accent.

If we had someone in our crew with an English accent, we'd fare pretty well. My French Canadian accent is meh...
  • Like 1
Itspointless

I just know I do not want to experience being pushed away again by someone who is avoidantly attached. I learned that she was well aware of her behaviour. She even made excuses for it: 'I know friends who do the same when they have stress, so it is normal.' I miss the loving person I met though, she was everything I hoped to find, until she made the flip due to stress.

At this point, yes. I would only enter into a NEW relationship with him though, and would take things extremely slowly.

My exes before him? Not a chance. They only lasted 1 year each though and they were young relationships/I was the dumper.

I'd never take an ex back. Even if I'd believe he was "the one", or if I was dumped because of something totally irrelevant; I wouldn't.

For me it's hard enough to have trust and faith in someone. And it's impossible to get back to the old happy state in a relationship because you can't just the past no matter how much you might change yourself; this is where time and reality force your actions on you. You can run, sure, but not hide. And there's always a reason for a breakup, whether it's the stupidity of one or actual reasons that have to be taken seriously.

A little example;

Take a plate and smash it on the ground.

Now tell it you're sorry.

See? It didn't put itself back together. Relationships are fragile like that.

• Like 1
It's a cliché but I guess it always depends on the situation and the personalities of the parties involved...from your post it sounds like your ex is a pretty confused individual.

What I've come to learn from reading/posting/reflecting is that we have no control over them. As much as I will the universe to make it so, I can't get her back...

It's been about a month and a half since she left me. We were engaged and had been of ether 7 years. It took her 3 weeks to enter a relationship with a new guy she'd been getting close with over the past few months.

So for me, would I take her back? At this second, no. But it's easy to say that without having the situation present itself. In a couple hours I might give you a different answer. It's not because I'm mad - it's because so recently, after such a devastating loss...it takes some real time for our brains to unscramble the mess it wired up inside of us.

Your in exactly the same picture as me, fiancé broke up or seperated after 7 years together, then got into a relationship and pregnant 6 weeks later...

How have you been coping with it all,I have done better with NC but I am missing her and the relationship as the bad things she has done are not being thought of or reminded.

I think people change, sometimes for the better.

So in my case I would get back, but it would mean a LOT of work on both sides with unknown results. I don't think she would accept that now.

• Like 1
  • Author
SinceYou'veBeenGone
I don't know what's worse... you thinking about taking her back after being dumped 4 months ago or you thinking about her incessantly, around the clock for 4 months.

I'm worse. It's been a year.

VeronicaRoss

I've been in contact with almost all of them much, much later and there isn't a single one I haven't walked away from thinking "thank god I dodged that bullet". And it's not that anything is wrong but definitely not right for me.

• Like 1
maturityassets

I would say no out of principle. But if i'm honest if I was single and I somehow was in the position it would take most of my will power to say no. My first relationship has a stigma of "first love" and a sense of the "one". It would be nice to hop on board and believe in that stuff again. But that is just ideals and life is never ideal. My current relationship that is now a year, the love is much more about being a compliment to each other. Two individuals getting personal strength out of love. Rather than losing yourself in the ideals of "true love" you have to embrace love like embracing life. It has up and downs but there is something about that special relationship that reminds you of why it is so great for you to be in that relationship.