Not an overreaction, right?

RamiTia

I joked a bit, but told him that behavior was unacceptable and he shouldn't treat me like a booty call. He needs to ask on a date if he wants to see me. "I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to disrespect you! I was just really drunk."

I was right thinking this guy has no respect for me, yes? I didn't overreact? And, I'm assuming Friday night should be a complete wash—right?

Five blaring red flags before you finally "stood up for yourself" by engaging in a joking manner and lightly tapping the boy's hand by telling him his behavior was unacceptable and that he shouldn't treat you like a booty call.

OP, you did good by rejecting the manchild. But next time, when a guy calls you at 2AM, and if you want to give him a wee bit benefit of the doubt, and he does it the second time, don't engage anymore, and most importantly don't tell them that they shouldn't treat you like a booty call. If you have to tell them, then they surely aren't worth another second of your time.

• Like 1
  • Author
Five blaring red flags before you finally "stood up for yourself" by engaging in a joking manner and lightly tapping the boy's hand by telling him his behavior was unacceptable and that he shouldn't treat you like a booty call.

OP, you did good by rejecting the manchild. But next time, when a guy calls you at 2AM, and if you want to give him a wee bit benefit of the doubt, and he does it the second time, don't engage anymore, and most importantly don't tell them that they shouldn't treat you like a booty call. If you have to tell them, then they surely aren't worth another second of your time.

Thanks. I felt uncomfortable, and I posted this thinking I probably did the right thing. But, taking a day or so more, I am facepalming that I didn't do it sooner.

Thanks. I felt uncomfortable, and I posted this thinking I probably did the right thing. But, taking a day or so more, I am facepalming that I didn't do it sooner.

It's fine. Don't be so hard on yourself. This is a learning experience. We've all done it before -- woulda, shoulda, coulda -- in hindsight it's much easier to look back and wish we did the right thing.

At least now you know for when another moron comes strolling along!