The Soul Mate Myth

Second date, first kiss, my Never going to fall in love again walls collapse. For the first time in over 15 years, I realized how lonely I was.

There were just too many coincidences to say that our getting together was an accident, that makes me wonder. It was like the winds of love, waited until the right moment to bring us together. She was ready to forge a new relationship and I was at last ready to fall in love again.

This is where i believe in fate. That is great. I wish you the best of luck!!!

Call it soul mates, call it love, call it whatever, when it is right, it just is.

I first saw my H some 30 years ago, we were both in Germany, he walked into the bar and I just thought, ah, there you are, it was weird and I so not given to airy, fairy thoughts, certainly not at that time, I was at the end of my then marriage and he getting engaged, I don't cheat, so we were friends. I returned to the UK, gave him an engagement card and present and thought if we had got together, it would have been right, but did and said nothing.

I had been back in the UK for 6 months and I got a call, it was him, he had searched for me. I asked about the girlfriend, he had bought the ring, but couldn't go through with it as he says he just felt we were meant. So we meet, I say it couldn't go any further until my divorce was final, so we were friends, no benefits!! Our first proper date was amazing, we found out lots of odd coincidences, the big one being that back in 1880, his great great uncle lodged with my great great grandparents, we didn't live in the same area, so that was very weird, I also found out he delivered papers to some long lost relatives.

We have been together for 27 years, we have weathered many storms, but he still makes my heart sing, we live remotely and have only each other, but that is enough, we laugh, love, argue and make up. Life is not and has not all been easy, yet here we are. Our love and relationship has changed over time, but he is the one for me and I for him. I simply cannot imagine ever feeling this way about anyone else. Is he my soulmate? he likes to think so and so do I.

• Like 1

I'm not big on the "soulmate" thing, but my H and I just fit together well. We don't agree on everything but our core values resonate perfectly and we enjoy so many of the same things. If I have to live with anyone, it would be him.

• Like 1