Psychics, real or fake?

How to know which tells the truth? I fear she told me only about the future I want to have (of course she didn't know that before) and i don't want to put effort in doing what she told me to in case it won't come true :/

First of all, you need to understand what a psychic medium is. They are people who can see potential outcomes for future events, and who can communicate with those who have passed over.

Psychics ARE NOT fortune tellers, nor can they tell you what will DEFINITELY happen in the future.

YOU are the master of yourself. YOU have free will and the ability to make decisions.

A psychic medium may see something in the foreseeable future, but you personally can make a decision that alters the future, and whatever that psychic told you, will be completely irrelevant. Because YOU changed the course of your life and your outcome.

You can sit down with a psychic medium, they may see something, and you can sit down with that same medium a few days later, and what they saw will be completely erased.

This is why I feel a lot of psychic mediums are VERY irresponsible. I've literally only come across ONE psychic medium who said straight up: "I don't like telling people about the future because it can always change. Nothing is set in stone."

I referred one of my friends to my psychic and he came back and would not shut up for days after the fact. He was beyond mind blown about what the psychic said and he put SO MUCH faith in the things he saw for the future. I told him no less than 15 times that he needed to stop putting so much stock in this "future" talk that the psychic saw, that he could change the course of his life at any given moment. He kept saying, "I know. I know, I know." But every other day he'd say, "I'm so excited for this to happen! The psychic said it's going to happen within the next couple of months!!!"

So I spent the next couple of months listening to him and his excitement. Tried to tell him so many times that he needed to relax and just live his life. Well, two months later, what the psychic saw, never came to pass. My friend was so devastated, upset. He couldn't figure out why it hadn't happen. And again, I had to say, YOU CAN CHANGE THINGS FROM MINUTE TO MINUTE.

I say, visit psychic mediums to have contact with a departed loved one. But take any "future" talk with a grain of salt.

• Author
Loveisonlyformovies

I know my grandmother us with me a lot, i've no wish to communicate further with dead people. Only interested in knowing if I should have kept hope in the future or just accept that I'm doomed to be miserable no matter how much I try. What she told me is literally the only thing that made me hopeful about the future. But I fear it being lies so now I've lost that hope too

The things you said aren't new to me. Just wanted to know if it would have been worth the effort to try

I know my grandmother us with me a lot, i've no wish to communicate further with dead people. Only interested in knowing if I should have kept hope in the future or just accept that I'm doomed to be miserable no matter how much I try. What she told me is literally the only thing that made me hopeful about the future. But I fear it being lies so now I've lost that hope too

The things you said aren't new to me. Just wanted to know if it would have been worth the effort to try

It's always worth the effort to try, whether you hear it from a psychic or not. Don't use a psychic as some crutch for your life. Perhaps seek therapy for why you're so miserable, and why you think you're "doomed" to be miserable no matter what.

You need to have an active role in your life.

AShogunNamedMarcus
How are you a satanist if you deny the existence of God...

Satanists use the term "Satan" in it's truest sense. Satan translates to "opposer" or something like that. Satanists are opposed to Christianity, the worship of any deity or any religion dedicated to the worship of a deity.

The idea behind Satanism is to use the imagery and horrific stories originating from the bible against the people who believe it. It's mostly a big "eff you" to Christians. A dramatic "eff you" but a fun one none-the-less.

It's basically just a bunch of whiny atheists who play dress up and repeat a bunch of demonic names to cleanse themselves of problems. The rituals are a form of therapy to release the pain and sadness that afflicts all of us

I used to identify as a Satanist. I hung with Satanists, participated in Satanic rituals. I am anti-Christian, or anti-religion basically. I have never believed in any type of deity and never will. I no longer call myself a Satanist because labels are all bull****. I am me, I believe what I believe and I don't need a group or label to justify what I am. I stand alone.

And... psychics are fake.

And, since I lack the ability to post without some type of rant.... Jesus wasn't magic. I believe he was a real man and he spread medicine to many people. He also was a philosopher type. Probably because he was so intoxicated from the cannabis in that oil he used. He used a lot of it. It's funny how many Christians are anti-cannabis when their whole religion wouldn't exist without it.

• Like 1

Everyone seems to have their own opinion and none of them are the same.

How is a atheist a satanist or anything else for that matter? Atheist is a atheist, simple.

Atheist just means they don't believe in any of this mumbo-jumbo, so they are just non-believers...but they had to stick a name to non-believers so it was called atheism.(or science, since most who don't believe go to science for facts)

Then there are agnostics, they don't believe in any particular religion but they don't deny the existance of dieties and believe that something created us but not one diety in particular.

Also you must be quite a hypocrite to be a ATHEIST that doesn't believe in all this mystic crap, but yet believe some of it, like...

psychics, ghosts or maybe even the horoscope xD.

You must be confused.

• Author
Loveisonlyformovies

When have I said I believe it? :S

Besides, it's quite usual to be atheist (not believe in a god) and still be spiritual. You see everything in black and white

Edited by Loveisonlyformovies
When have I said I believe it? :S

Besides, it's quite usual to be atheist (not believe in a god) and still be spiritual. You see everything in black and white

Okay fair enough, I give you that one :)

I will say fake for pyshic ability, as I do not believe in a pre-determined future, and I don't believe in ghosts and such. The extent to how some people believe this just amazes me sometimes, I hear stories of people blowing their money, being unable to pay their rent, because they had to pay for their daily reading.

misternoname

Charlatans, fakes, scam artists, cons, whatever you want to call them but bottom line they're all after one thing...YOUR MONEY!

They use a method called "cold reading." It's nothing more than a parlor trick. Put simply, they ask open ended questions and create a chain of conversation that makes the dupe think they're hearing voices from beyond when in fact it's nothing more than fishing for info to convince their audience of their supposed magic powers. When they hit a dead end they simply change the route and move onto another chain of babble.

Houdini was much more than a ubber talented magician...he was also a huge anti-psychic authority. He spent years debunking the con artists of his time. Ironically, people still try to "channel" his spirit. A spirit he himself proved didn't exist!

Psychic belong in the same category as 3 card monte sharks and tele-evangelists.

Oh...and yes, I'm definitely an atheist. Organized religion is the greatest scam ever perpetrated on the human race. Organized religion isn't about salvation...it's about money money money!

• Like 1
Satanists use the term "Satan" in it's truest sense. Satan translates to "opposer" or something like that. Satanists are opposed to Christianity, the worship of any deity or any religion dedicated to the worship of a deity.

The idea behind Satanism is to use the imagery and horrific stories originating from the bible against the people who believe it. It's mostly a big "eff you" to Christians. A dramatic "eff you" but a fun one none-the-less.

It's basically just a bunch of whiny atheists who play dress up and repeat a bunch of demonic names to cleanse themselves of problems. The rituals are a form of therapy to release the pain and sadness that afflicts all of us

Thank you for some insight into the atheist Satanists. I still don't get the point of an atheist using an extremely religious/mystical/spiritual figure to define their beliefs. It's a total oxy-moron to me. If it's just in jest, then it's kind of sad that people are basing their whole worldview on a joke. And if it's serious, then it seems completely nonsensical to me. :o

Anyway, OP, even if I don't understand your point of view, you're still searching for answers, and I hope you find some. :)

MuddyFootprints

Atheism, by definition, is the denial of deity.

I believe in my own wisdom, intuition, and the symbolism of my own and my family's dreams.

My youngest daughter was exploring her psychic ability and asked for a crystal ball a few Christmases ago. I found one and picked it out. I view it occasionally to do my own personal readings. I would never do a reading for someone else. The symbolism is pertinent to me and only me.

Am I psychic? No. Is the symbolism relevant? Most of the time. Do I pay attention to the suggested images and feelings? Not nearly as often as I should.

I think there is something and that it comes from within.

Edited by MuddyFootprints
Eternal Sunshine

I found a lady that really has the gift. She does it for free and she reads auras to tell you of other people's intentions. She is scary accurate. I don't rely on her too much anymore because it takes away the fun. Sometimes I would rather find out for myself.

Not sure if this is the right place to post this but I'm really curious what others have to say about it (atheists preferably).

In some periods I do believe in psychics and sometimes i don't. i know many of them are fake and just want to make money.

Last year I talked to two psychics, i gave them the same question. The first one gave me an answer i really didn't wanna hear, I got this really negative energy when leaving her and it didn't feel good at all. But the answers she gave my mum to her questions seems to be correct so far.

The other one i asked gave me a more positive answer, it felt good leaving her, and she somehow asked me the "right questions" and figured me out in minutes with no background facts about me at all. I really do wish she would be right but i fear that she's wrong because what she said to my mum didn't come true, at least not yet.. and that somehow makes me work against what this woman said i must do, because i fear the positive outcome won't be there in the end.

So I'm wondering, do you believe in psychics? and if so, how to spot the real ones? or is it just a waste of time to get false hope in the future?

I'm a stone cold atheist here. My take is that generally they are fake. I don't believe that anyone has the ability to read someone's mind. I honestly believe that if they did, they would willingly go out of business in a lot of cases because they wouldn't like what they find.

That said, some of them do have some value as counsellors or therapists in the sense that they can offer decent life advice to problems that you might disclose yourself. I think the good ones tend to focus on that while the shonky ones like to pretend they're reading your mind, or pretend that they know when some "event" or other is going to happen.

This whole business of "the answers she gave to my mum proved correct" can actually be a self-fulfilling prophesy in a lot of ways. The human mind is an amazing thing, and it has the capacity to go and find things using an intelligence that the owner of the mind doesn't even realise is there. This is why people talk about positive thinking and so on. It's quite possible your mother's mind might have decided to seek out validation for those "answers" if she was absolutely convinced the psychic had to be right -- even if that validation wasn't actually there.

MuddyFootprints

I don't know anything other than what I have read about auras. As crazy as it sounds...I connect with rocks. Which is probably why I found it easy to view the quartz. It would be interesting to learn how other people learn to 'read'. I can't imagine interpreting what I see for someone else, though.

Interesting question and wandering thread. I would say I think many are in fact frauds BUT I believe there is much we don't understand when it comes to the human mind, energy, how things are interconnected and for me add the God factor. I think I have more confidence in communicators or the folks that assist enforcement agencies on cases (tired and can't think of terms). As far as placing stock in the people you meet I'm not getting the vibe that they are any real future glimpser, just lucky guesses on occasion.