Why would a cheater get upset if caught cheating?

There is a book by Shirley Glass called "Not Just Friends" that explains the whole process of infidelity.

Anger by the cheating spouse at the victim is very common. So are relapses and attempts to contact the affair partner. My ex agreed not to ever speak to the guy again, it was part of my forgiveness package.

Months and even a year later I would catch her calling him, over something as stupid as a disagreement over getting a take out sandwich and eating in the park vs. sitting down at a restaurant and getting served. (I wanted the restaurant, she wanted the park. In my defense we had just gotten back from 5 days of camping and I wanted to just be comfortable). In that particular instance, the guy's wife called back and asked her WTF she wanted.

I know. It's incredible that I'm suddenly in the wrong for not even doing anything wrong.:laugh:

a0009, keep moving on. Wow we both got rid of worthless gfs.

I mean this is just like the people who their partner snoops into their phone/email and finds some incriminating stuff and then they whine about privacy. It's like okay, fair enough on the privacy part..but you WERE doing crap behind my back. If it gets to a point where a persons actions cause their partner to have to check up on them in that way..they have nobody but themselves to blame. You don't get to whine about privacy and also have inappropriate conversations with members of the opposite sex too.

• Like 1

So how long ago did you discover the affair? Couple of days?

It might be a good idea to begin collecting an arsenal of tools/exercises that will help you foster healthy relationships. When you're done grieving then you can look through your collection to help figure out how to spot decent human beings who won't rip your guts out. I promise you the vast majority of what is beneficial revolves entirely around you and the effort in believing you deserve proper respect and consideration.

Right now you need to come to terms with the fact this woman really wasn't who you thought she was. Vent, workout at the gym, do nice things for yourself, take a vacation, and enjoy a new hobby.

• Like 2

Of course they're angry. Now they're not having the upper hand of the situation; a few Facebook posts and her reputation would be beyond ruined.

• Like 1

Some people just flat out suck at life and you can't expect even the most basic decency of them. I don't care why, and nor should you. None of your business why, no point in wondering what made them go this way, all you should do is make sure you run fast the other way.

• Like 1
Friskyone4u

At this point, with what she did, you need to stop giving a **** whether or not she is mad or not mad. Put her out of your life! And do t let her back in when and if she comes crawling back. Not uses you want more of the same