Lied about age

whatitdo

InnocentMan

In civilised parts of the world, the bro community has nothing to do with race, just for clarity.

• Like 1

I don't know op, how would you feel if you met a woman of 40 who admitted she was really 56? If you'd be ok with that, maybe she will be too.

• Like 1
In civilised parts of the world, the bro community has nothing to do with race, just for clarity.

Yeah OP, by bro he means like your typical skirt chasing beer drinking sports watching party type guy. You know...a bro. He didnt mean anything racial.

PS - Im black like OP, and I definitely dont crack xD. People still wow when I tell them Im 27 =P

• Like 2
  • Author

Well I must say that this turned out better than expected.... I saw her for the first time since telling her on Thursday. Her affection towards me was stronger than before. It was as if a weight was lifted off of my chest and we had a great time....

I don't know what will come of this situation.... But for now I am happy and she is happy..... That's all that matters......

Well I must say that this turned out better than expected.... I saw her for the first time since telling her on Thursday. Her affection towards me was stronger than before. It was as if a weight was lifted off of my chest and we had a great time....

I don't know what will come of this situation.... But for now I am happy and she is happy..... That's all that matters......

Crazy! In a good way though

op, how would you feel if you met a woman of 40 who admitted she was really 56?

I'd like to hear his answer to this.

lollipopspot
Let this be a lesson for you and never lie about your age again in the future.

A coupe of days someone started a thread asking when it's ok to lie and I guess your thread answered that question... NEVER.

Well it sounds like he didn't exactly lie about his age...he just didn't correct a mis-impression in a group of people. I can kind of see how one might not want to do that. It would be like someone saying you look great in front of a group of people, and then you'd feel like you have to say - "actually, I'm almost bald and I'm wearing a wig"..."actually, I'm wearing spanx"..."actually, I'm wearing a push-up bra"...whatever, sometimes you just take the compliment and try to fit in. The question is when he should have pulled her aside and told her the truth about his age...I guess when they started getting closer, which he did, but maybe a bit late. They still hadn't had sex so it's not like he deceived her into bed.

• Like 1
Well it sounds like he didn't exactly lie about his age...he just didn't correct a mis-impression in a group of people.

This is the situation I am usually in. Someone might say, "...you remember that back when we were in college." or "You are about the same age as my daughter so you'd know." I don't say, "Actually, honey, I am your age." There is no good reason to tell them my real age. Besides, they'd just resent me.:laugh: Never give someone ammunition that can be used against you.

• Like 1
lollipopspot
This is the situation I am usually in. Someone might say, "...you remember that back when we were in college." or "You are about the same age as my daughter so you'd know." I don't say, "Actually, honey, I am your age."

I look younger than my age too, and sometimes it's very awkward to correct someone, you just want to change the subject and move on.

And the OP was trying to fit in with these younger people, so I see why he didn't want to correct them in a group of people and make himself stand out. It wouldn't really have mattered, except he got closer to this one lady. Assuming I understand the situation and he didn't outright present a false age and lie to anyone.

Like the OP, I also went back to school. I never misrepresent my age, though. I was proud of the fact that in my late 30s, all the cute little 20-24 years olds still dug on me, even when I told them how old I was. They all thought I was late-20s to 30...haha.

As long as you don't get old, there's nothing wrong with getting older.

And Fitchick, don't sweat it. If I thought you were 10 years younger than you are, and you corrected me, I would still want to get it going with you.

lollipopspot
And Fitchick, don't sweat it. If I thought you were 10 years younger than you are, and you corrected me, I would still want to get it going with you.

I wonder about that sometimes. If a guy thought a female was 10 years younger than she was, and found out, how often would he feel that a woman a decade older didn't fit into his life plans as far as a long term relationship or whatever, even if he was initially interested in her? How much does age change someone's perception of a proper mate, when that age was assumed to be other than it is?

I wonder about that sometimes. If a guy thought a female was 10 years younger than she was, and found out, how often would he feel that a woman a decade older didn't fit into his life plans as far as a long term relationship or whatever, even if he was initially interested in her? How much does age change someone's perception of a proper mate, when that age was assumed to be other than it is?

People get hung up on numbers. That's why you see so many 39, 49, 59 year olds on OLD. The zero after a number terrifies them. They also look at other people that age who are a mess and somehow think you will turn into them overnight. And I do mean overnight -- one night you are 39 and the next day you are 40. How much can you change?

I suppose I am guilty of this myself, but in reverse. I discriminate against much younger men when it's possible one might be very mature and together for his age. I am too chicken to find out though!

• Like 1

I don't lie about my age even if I could SO do it ! you know why I don't do it? Because I have character, I am proud of my age and I own it !

I met a man once who told me he was 43. During out first coffee he told me in was in fact 53.

For me at the time (I was 45) it did not make a difference that he was 43 or 53 BUT the fact that he lied about it showed a lack of character.

Even in a situation like OP's situation I would have say: hey hey hey! I know I look good but I am *real age*.

• Author

Ok.... Glad somebody else understands that it is hard to correct a whole group of people.... I just rolled with it. But let's be clear the numbers have to add up. I made it clear that I was in the military (4yrs), worked at a company for 4 yrs, and went to college for the last 5 and a half.... So if you add it all up I would have to be older than 26........ Age was never a factor we just enjoyed each other's time. That's why when I told her she didn't care.

For what it's worth we are extremely happy. We laugh and joke and I can tell you that on my end it is genuine.... And I believe it is on hers too... We are just going to enjoy today for today and see where this goes... It is very fairy take when we are with each other.... So hey if ya disagree with all it all happen so be it.... But we are happy