Deal breakers

blind_otter

• Author
Originally posted by imokurnot

It took me @ 5 years to figure it all out with her trying to manipulate me and everyone else to see her image as the sweet girl. I would have been happy w/ otter chick because at least I can tell she is honest and wouldn't lie or manipulate peolpe to see her any differently. We all have issues. Th people that recognize them (Otter) and admit that they exist, at some point will be that much further ahead of those of us that don't if/when they decide to deal with them. My ex only admits to her issues when it's convienent. Otter seems to offer hers up in the most inconvienent forums and that in a weird way is admirable. The only problem I find with being brutally honest about ones self, is that people always think there must be more. If your willing to admit to X, Y and Z there has to be some other stuff that you won't divulge. With me what you see is what you get. People sometimes look for more because they hide their issues so they think I must be hiding things as well. To each his own. To my friends and those who know me, as well as to myself, I will remain true. No matter what someone else thinks of your habits, actions or guilty pleasures Otter, take comfort in knowing they themselves are not as honest and upfront as you are. Therefore they have no baseline from which to gain perspective and an understanding of who you are. Screw 'em.............

Thanks!

By the way, moi, if you want to say "Suck it, you sh*thead", then say it. Jeez. :rolleyes:

Why is it that when people say "with all due respect" they really mean, "suck it, you sh*thead!"

Those are the same people who hide behind their keyboards, reveal nothing disparaging about themselves and advertise their virtue at every, and I mean every, opportunity. By doing so, they're better positioned to condescend, excoriate and criticize those fearless posters who have the courage to reveal less flattering things about themselves. It's all about the art of one upmanship.

I commend your honesty and openness, b_o. If only there were more like you. :)

I myself am extreamly attracted to military men... it's some heroic thing, but regardless of what he said, the frame of mind he had making statements like that more so about Vietenmaese people knowing that's your heritage it wouldn't have worked out and probably shouldn't have, I am glad you dumped him and I hope you will continue to dump more men in the future!! I think you need to it's healthy right now and you've been a doormat for way to long, this is a good example that you will nolonger take crap. So I think you should still date and date often as soon as there is a deal breaker dump him!! YOu have an awful lot to offer in a relationship my dear but I still think it is to early for you to seek a relationship but that's just my POV

• Author

Aw, I love you, too, Stone. :love:

And thanks immoralist. I really have no control though, I have diarrhea of the mouth - whatever pops into my head comes out, without too much thought - I usually do a very strea-of-consciousness kind of writing on here.

I went on a date last night with a really cute guy who is down here from NYC. He had that funny accent and he teased me about the very slight southern drawl I have, it's really not that noticeable but I do say "ya'll" and call everyone, man or woman, "sugar/honey/darlin'/sweetie" a lot. He was half italian half latino, so, well, he was super hot. He was nice, too, dressed very well, smelled good, held the door open, very gentlemanly and personable. He doesn't do any drugs or drink. How am I meeting all these men who are all non-wastoids all of a sudden? ANd then....

We saw a movie, House of Flying Daggers, which rocked. He was cute and held my hand and put his hand on my leg and oh wow he played with my hair :love: which I loooooove, I'm like a cat, I love being petted. When he leaned his head on my shoulder, his hair had too much gel in it and I told him he was going to put my eye out. :laugh:

Then afterwards he had to go to work (he's a bouncer at an upscale bar so he has to dress in a suit and stuff wow I love men in suits :p ), so I drove him to work right after the movie (I was going to my friend's house for a bit so I took my car), and he was like, "I have a serious question to ask you - are you ADDICTED to marijuana?"

:laugh: Yeah, I am. I admit it. I said that, too, and said if it were a big issue for him that we should just be friends and hang out in that mode, that was totally cool with me. I have a problem, I am trying to address it, but in all honesty I'm ready to quit everything BUT pot. I smoke little bits throughout the day, I don't actually sit there and blaze accept on occassion, it's almost medicinal for me. I don't even necessarily get high - I smoke a teensy bit at a time, to take the edge off and calm me down.

I said, believe me, J, you don't WANT to be around a sober otter, at least not right now.

Then he made me PARK, and sat there trying to convince himself that he was ok with my habit. I was like, yeah, I wouldn't disrespect you by smoking around you, but if you come to my friend's house, then we will probably smoke a bowl or two. So if you are uncomfortable around it THAT IS FINE, but then let's just be friends.

But he wouldn't accept it, finally talked himself into it, and in the end got out of my car after numberous lengthly smooches asking me to call him when i get home from work today.

huh. :confused: I have no idea how THAT resolves itself. I think it really wasn't resolved but he wants to jump my bones, so he'll ignore it until after he gets the poon.

Originally posted by blind_otter

huh. :confused: I have no idea how THAT resolves itself. I think it really wasn't resolved but he wants to jump my bones, so he'll ignore it until after he gets the poon.

You nailed it on the head. There is a tug of war between his penis and his convictions. Penis won round 1.

If you give him poon tang then penis won the fight, convictions take over, leaves you and goes back to NYC.

• Author
Originally posted by Bronzepen

You nailed it on the head. There is a tug of war between his penis and his convictions. Penis won round 1.

If you give him poon tang then penis won the fight, convictions take over, leaves you and goes back to NYC.

Word.

That's what I thought, at least my instincts are finally waking up again. Being single is a good thing.

Well, hah, now he'll never get to see this well-groomed kitty. :p

very-confused-girl

I dont understand people being so judgemental about marijuana. What? Today? In the world full of people doing way more harmfull things to themselves? In the world of eating food stuffed with hormones? In the world of absorbing chemicals in the form of using detergents, washing pouders etc?

Jesus, people are sometimes so hypocritical.

This really ruffled my feathers, I think I am going to have a little smoke to calm down :p:D

Hmm... ever seen "Half-baked"?

Yeah... that was me for about 10 years. Then I woke up one day and quit... and boy does reality suck since then. But at least now I can rant and rave and actually make sense at the the of it...

...at least I think I do... I used to confuse myself and get lost halfway through a rant...

...oh man... not much has changed, has it?

my bf is very anal retentive when it comes to pot. he was a a pot-head at age 14! and now he is the holier-than-though reformee.

which basically means- all his good friends smoke, i was getting high when we met, but once we had been dating for 5 months he was like you quit, or we are done. umm...no!

so basically, all of the major fights that i have caused, have stemmed from pot and his feelings about me smoking. so i just do not tell him.

• Author

He seems like a nice guy. I think this merits further discussion with him, because he did say that he thought it was an important thing to talk out with me, which is kinda weird as this was the first date date that we have been on (I hung out with him a few times at the bar he works at, the first time I was totally trashed, the others I was sober and I just kept him company while he checked IDs, and sat on the couch when he had to walk around the bar to "check on things".

It is a bit strange, though, that he doesn't drink yet he works at a bar. I used to work at a bar and everyone there had SOME kind of substance abuse problem.

Oh god he is sooooo cute though. I just wanna see his weener like once. Just once. :p

Originally posted by immoralist

Those are the same people who hide behind their keyboards, reveal nothing disparaging about themselves and advertise their virtue at every, and I mean every, opportunity. By doing so, they're better positioned to condescend, excoriate and criticize those fearless posters who have the courage to reveal less flattering things about themselves. It's all about the art of one upmanship.

Curious...do you think there are people out there who have nothing to disparage about themselves, ala virtuous?

Also, if one is virtuous, why do you consider them to be "mightier then thou"?

They are no diffrent or courageous in expressing their "virtue" then one who has revealed less flattering things, as you like to call it, about themselves.

Sayin that the "virtuous" are in a better position to condescend, excoriate and criticize is actually your negative view and perception of how you view these people, as well as, yourself.

The reality is no one is better then other. The perception is there only when you place the label.

They have both diffrent lifestyles, one is no better then the other. But when you start to put them on a pedestal or at the bottom of the barrel then that is when you begin to label them.

If a "virtuous" person starts to tell you about how to be like them then kindly tell them that you do not wish to be like them and that your quite content being who you are and that your happy with your lifestyle.

I am a pot smoker ( not pregnant of course) and my b/f is against it, he won't smoke at all but he never judged me for doing it or bitched about it unless I smoked in the house.

When his friends we around that smoked pot he didn't care if I did but his strait Mariene friends I was not allowed to smoke infront of.

He seems like a nice guy. I think this merits further discussion with him, because he did say that he thought it was an important thing to talk out with me, which is kinda weird as this was the first date date that we have been on (I hung out with him a few times at the bar he works at, the first time I was totally trashed, the others I was sober and I just kept him company while he checked IDs, and sat on the couch when he had to walk around the bar to "check on things".

It is a bit strange, though, that he doesn't drink yet he works at a bar. I used to work at a bar and everyone there had SOME kind of substance abuse problem.

Oh god he is sooooo cute though. I just wanna see his weener like once. Just once. :p

Well, he is the one with the "problem". He said he can deal with it. So leave it at that.

Have fun with him.

If he tries to "convert" you then tell him "thanks but I like who I am and what I do. You wouldn't want me to talk you into drinking and smoking pot, right?"

• Author
Originally posted by Bronzepen

Have fun with him.

:laugh:

That's definatley my plan. I will ruthlessly use him for his pinga.

Nice guy or not, otter needs to get some. :p

:laugh:

That's definatley my plan. I will ruthlessly use him for his pinga.

Nice guy or not, otter needs to get some. :p

LMAO!! Now that's what I want to her use him then throw his arse away like yesterdays garbage... :laugh:

• Author
Originally posted by Stone

LMAO!! Now that's what I want to her use him then throw his arse away like yesterdays garbage... :laugh:

I will seduce him with seductive/spaztic dancing around in my panties. No man can resist a well shaped bum wiggling in their face. :p

I will seduce him with seductive/spaztic dancing around in my panties. No man can resist a well shaped bum wiggling in their face. :p

You go girl! :love:

No man can resist a well shaped bum wiggling in their face. :p

Folied by the lack of butt mass again! :mad:

• Author

Well I had my period on friday but by sunday it was pretty much done, being that I'm on the pill and my periods are pretty light anyways. So after the superbowl I done got laid by pot-phobic bouncer boy. Man was he good. Too bad our relationship is already doomed. He seems to enjoy the argumentative nature of our interactions. I suppose we are both very passionate people but I swear to GOD we argue about *every*little*thing*. It's like we've been in a relationship for 6 months, the way we argue.

Well it's more like constant bickering. My friend T laughed at me when I was complaining about this because he says I argue with everyone and it's a sign of affection. If I don't care about you I don't usually argue with you. If I do I'm like a hot-blooded italian woman. I don't nag, I have bitch fits and rigorous and exhausting debates.

Anyways, we didn't really discuss the repurcussions to sex for our interaction - I'm thinking he'll think this means he partially owns me now. Urgh. But you know there's a part of me that almost enjoys being dominated like that. dangerous.