Activities, Gym Routines to Stay Occupied..

white_bass87

I found this board because I had going through a pretty rough time with someone who had been seeing a friend behind my back and I really need to keep my mind of things right now and probably not dealing with it as well as could, but, that's not the point of this post, I'll probably be hitting the gym pretty hard with a good buddy of mine that had not been involved in this ordeal.

What are your splits, routines ect? Anything suggestions on other things you do when you went through a rough time to keep your mind occupied and focused away from s**t that'll just drive you crazy?

Thanks

seekingpeaceinlove

When I was going through a difficult time after a break up I did everything I could to stay active and out of the house. There was nothing more depressing than being alone thinking about my ex so I went out every chance I got. Here's a list of what I did:

- I hit the gym HARD. At least 5xs a week. Every emotion I was dealing with (anger, sadness, even pent up sexual energy) was battled in the gym..

- Hiked & biked every chance I got during the weekend (being out in the sun does wonders) on my favorite trails near the beach.

- Met up with close friends at least once a week (drinks, comedy show, dinners, movie, festivals, etc)

- Reconnected with old friends

- Put in more hours at work

- Spent more time with family

I admit it was hard sometimes to get up and get out but I forced myself to do it...to keep going. I think for me the times I would be out in nature hiking or biking alone was the time I allowed myself to really reflect on my situation and life...this is when I think I started to really heal.

When I started feeling better, I slowed down a little...but kept up my gym routine as it's helped keep my stress levels in check and my body fit!

Good luck and I'm sorry you're going through such a rough time.

• Like 1

I've exercised regularly for years, so I didn't really change anything when I went through my divorce. At that time I was hitting P90x pretty hard. I'm doing what might be considered a modified P90x routine now.

-Monday: Chest, Shoulders, and Triceps

-Tuesday: Plyometrics

-Wednesday: Biceps, back, abs

-Thursday: Yoga

-Friday: Legs and abs

-Saturday: Going to pick back up with volleyball and racquetball.

The plyo, yoga, and abs are straight out of P90x, though the muscle building routines are not.

I've always tried to exercise in the morning. It's a great way to get the body energized and clear the head.

• Like 2

If you can, find a gym that has boxing or kickboxing. Nothing like hitting away at something to get all the frustration out :lmao:

• Like 1
  • Author
white_bass87

As far as what has been going on, a good friend of mine has been cheating with my now former gf for about a couple months. We all hung out in groups a lot and I really didn't mind them hanging out together because we all kind of met around the same time at school and actually was pretty secure in them being together because I trusted my former buddy And can honestly say I should of seen it coming. Another good friend has not wanted to get involved understandably, but thinks it's bullsh*t and claims he doesn't know what goes on, and I have no reason to not believe him. We'll have things rolling soon.

Anyway, I am liking the ideas that you guys have! I already bike a lot of places around town and in trails and that is something I'll probably do more of. We have a bunch that run through a bunch of parks and wooded areas that are really nice. I have some friends who have done the P90X, but haven't tried it. They offer something at our rec center that does kickboxing I think it runs on an odd schedule though will have to look into it.

Thanks!

Sorry for your relationship loss.

Exercise is great to deal emotional health. But if I may - what are you main feelings here? Depression, anxiety, anger, self esteem? I ask simply because I find (for me) certain exercise works better for certain mental states.

I find yoga works well for anxiety, loss of control, and centering (stability).

Lifting and MMA for self esteem, anger, power, hurt issues

Running or cardio for depression.

Massage for tension and compassion and connection.

The right music mixes for the above enhances the affects.

But if you really need it - please see a therapist.