College bars suck.

warrenorabbits

False.

I used to go out by myself all the time. Just make friends with everyone in the bar. Pick a group of girls that you're not interested in, go back and talk to them a lot, and tell everyone that's who you came with.

OP, don't come on this site and expect good advice on how to meet girls in bars. There are WAY better forums out there for this.

You just contradicted yourself. You may have gone alone, but you created the illusion that you didn't.

Anywho, the OP is just looking for other options not an argument about going to the bar alone. He only failed one night, and was already worried about it....it just may have been an off night. They do happen.

hasaquestion
False.

I used to go out by myself all the time. Just make friends with everyone in the bar. Pick a group of girls that you're not interested in, go back and talk to them a lot, and tell everyone that's who you came with.

OP, don't come on this site and expect good advice on how to meet girls in bars. There are WAY better forums out there for this.

But you basically went with friends. Just instead of arriving with them, you made them quickly. Its the same principle.

The premise that women at a nightspot are going to be 100x more interested if you're making people laugh and socializing than if you're hanging out in the corner with a plastic cup is still true.

College bars definitely DO suck here in L.A. if you're not a student.

College students have this 6th sense for figuring out if a stranger is or isn't a student. If so, they'll sense this and immediately interface, spouting all the right s. about grades and tests, a bunch of acronyms, and generally feeling superior to the shmucks who aren't in college.

But if they meet a stranger who isn't a student, they'll treat that stranger as if he/she doesn't exist.