When is enough..enough?

• Author

I have to say you are right. I was brought up that a marriage is two people working together. Sure there are times when one has to carry more than the other.

I guess I can not accept her present behavior......I know I don't want to keep living with it. Is that wrong to feel that way?

Can a person have higher expectations? Or do they just need to settle?

Are there women that expect the same thing?

It seems when men treat women bad it is different.

I remember when we first got together we did everything together. Now it seems like there is an excuse( mostly the computer}not to.

You may be right............I could be frustrated a little because I'm in a dead end job right now. But, I do think I'm justified in my feelings(being frustrated) concerning how she is acting.

She has talked about getting counseling in the past. Just never happened. She always has an excuse.

I just don't know if I should take the next step.I do know I'm tired of not being happy. but, I also know nobody can make yourself happy. Thats something each person has to do.

As long as you can really separate the two...dead end job doesn't always mean a dead end marriage. It's always easy to end there though.

I think the question is what do you want, take the job out of it. You will lose respect quicker by criticizing your wife, you would gain her respect by leading her.

• Author

Well....I don't think she respects me because of her actions or lack of actions.

She also does not want to be told anything. Or hear advise about anything.

I really try to not sound like I'm ragging on her.

But she also will never admit when she is the cause or when she is at fault.

Drives me nuts.........she always and I mean always........blames others for any problems in her life. It is like a soap opera. How does a guy deal with that?

Well....I don't think she respects me because of her actions or lack of actions.

She also does not want to be told anything. Or hear advise about anything.

I really try to not sound like I'm ragging on her.

But she also will never admit when she is the cause or when she is at fault.

Drives me nuts.........she always and I mean always........blames others for any problems in her life. It is like a soap opera. How does a guy deal with that?

When you pack her bag and serve her with divorce papers she may start participating?

Sometimes people need to see the consequences of their behavior (or non participating behavior here) in order to realize they done harm to the relationship.

Are you sure she's not cheating by way of her computer? No one needs to be on it all day and ignoring duties.

• 3 weeks later...