My dad died today :(

amaysngrace

MuscleCarFan

I am sorry for your loss. :(

I lost both my parents 13 years apart to brain cancer at age 46 (father) and 49 (mother). I was 16 and 29 years old respectively when it happened.

• Like 1
  • Author
amaysngrace
I am sorry for your loss. :(

I lost both my parents 13 years apart to brain cancer at age 46 (father) and 49 (mother). I was 16 and 29 years old respectively when it happened.

I can't even begin to imagine what that must be like to go through most of your life without parents. I'm so so sorry. :(

• Like 1
I can't even begin to imagine what that must be like to go through most of your life without parents. I'm so so sorry. :(

How are you holding up today, grace?

• Like 1

My dad died after a long illness too and we expected it. He spent his last two weeks in the hospital and he wasn't conscious in the end.

The funeral was like one of those old French movies, a breezy Indian summer day with the bell ringing and all of us wearing black walking behind the coffin. It was very touching.

Months later I wanted to tell something to my dad and it just hit me that he wasn't around anymore. That was very sad and I really felt the loss then, much more than before. I think about him a lot still but of course the feeling of loss settled.

Lots of love to you amay xx

• Like 1
And I'm so heartbroken. He went peacefully in his sleep with all of us around him. I'm so proud of my mother. She knew exactly when to say enough of trying to keep him merely existing and instead of keeping him here for her own selfish reasons she took beautiful care of him until the very end.

I am so blessed to have been born to such wonderful parents.

Rest in peace Daddy...I love you always...

My condolences. Keep the happy memories of your father alive! I grew up with awesome parents too. My dad passed away a few years ago and think of him always.

• Like 1
MuscleCarFan

It'll be one year in May since my Mom has passed away. (I'm 30). :(

• Like 1

Oh Amay, I'm so sorry to hear this.

Sending you massive bundles of love and hugs :love:

And a ;) for good measure.

x

• Like 1
todreaminblue

amay, ...:0(....i feel for you........glad it was peaceful with loads fo love surrounding him....hugs from me to you.....debxo

• Like 1

Sorry for your loss Amay, my condolences to you and your family. I lost two special ones these last few months so I know how heartbroken you are. There comes a day when we look back at photographs and smile in memory, glad we shared these special times together. *Hugs*

• Like 1
ThaWholigan

Sending my love and condolences to you Grace, I am sorry to hear about your father.

Much love and hugs xx

Wholigan.

• Like 1