"I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure..."

A piece of advice for men is to stay away from anybody with that quote. It just means loads of drama.

I think it only says this girl is honest enough to admit she has flaws!

Basically saying " I'm a huge selfish bitch sometimes and of you can't learn to deal with my immature behavior then you can't have me "

And I say " thank you for identifying yourself as an emotionally broken human being before I breasted any of my time on you "

Who isn't broken?

And as beautiful as she was she was also a pill popping train wreck. She was not much different than Lindsey Lohan or Anna Nicole Smith.

And multiple abortions.

Ruby Slippers

I would pass on anyone with that terribly overused quote for being unoriginal. You really can't come up with something different than the same thing that thousands of other women picked as their cliche quote? Next she'll say she loves movies and traveling :rolleyes:

• Like 1
Under The Radar

I love breathing and blinking.

I find it's absolutely vital to the progression of my day.

• Like 1

I don`t date online but that quote is not so bad, sounds kind of a challenge. If a girl i was chatting up in a bar said that i would find her instantly interesting. Rather than `My favourite band is.......` Like a girl who would order a `snakebite` Interesting.

This quote, uttered by many women with online dating profiles, tend to be a red flag with me, and I was wondering if this and other quotes tend to be the same with you?

Here it is:

“I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.”

This would make me wonder if such a woman, including Marilyn Monroe, even had a "best".

The only real problem I see with somebody using that quote is that as others have mentioned, it seems to be hopelessly overused on dating sites. However, it's only through reading this forum that I know that. Could be that a lot of women who use it for their dating profiles don't post on forums (about dating, love and relationships), are new to online dating, thought it was a cool sounding quote and just didn't appreciate how overused it is on online dating.

As for assuming somebody's a trainwreck, filled with entitlement etc etc because they happen to use a famous movie star's quote that they thought sounded cool and snappy...well...that just seems like a lot of assumptions to make on the basis of somebody using a throwaway quote by a famous person.

It's interesting that very often on this site, the people who are the speediest to make negative, dismissive assumptions about others based on pretty minor stuff are the same ones who spend a lot of time complaining about how swiftly they find themelves dismissed by prospective dates, for trivial and silly sounding reasons, in the online dating game.

• Like 2
  • Author

I would like to emphasize such a quote is usually preceeded by most women who have rants about their online dating experiences IN their profile.

Some quotes such as these are used by women who tend to have an axe to grind.

Now if they just used that quote and nothing more followed, then it was just something that they was trendy at the time.

Like some people in their dating profiles, when "The Davinci Code" came out....thought it was cool to mention in their profiles. I casted no ill will against them as it's just a book that was popular at the time.

The only real problem I see with somebody using that quote is that as others have mentioned, it seems to be hopelessly overused on dating sites. However, it's only through reading this forum that I know that. Could be that a lot of women who use it for their dating profiles don't post on forums (about dating, love and relationships), are new to online dating, thought it was a cool sounding quote and just didn't appreciate how overused it is on online dating.

As for assuming somebody's a trainwreck, filled with entitlement etc etc because they happen to use a famous movie star's quote that they thought sounded cool and snappy...well...that just seems like a lot of assumptions to make on the basis of somebody using a throwaway quote by a famous person.

It's interesting that very often on this site, the people who are the speediest to make negative, dismissive assumptions about others based on pretty minor stuff are the same ones who spend a lot of time complaining about how swiftly they find themelves dismissed by prospective dates, for trivial and silly sounding reasons, in the online dating game.