Unprofessional interviewer

In the U.S. a lot of questions, such as these are illegal to ask, though it would be very difficult to sue over. They cannot ask your marital status, whether or not you plan to have kids or etc. They cannot even ask you if you own your own car (unless the position involves driving). They can ask if you have reliable transportation, but they cannot ask or say you must own your own car (unless needed by the job) otherwise it can be considered discrimination. As long as the person is able to get to work, the means is none of their business.

I think it is easy to sue over, it is difficult to receive monies for it. But one can file a complaint with the EEOC if they feel that they are being discriminated against based on these questions.

PreppyPoppy

I had one ask me how old I was. (Big NO NO... too bad I didn't have it recorded or something because I was not offered the job, especially after she followed that up with saying they want people just fresh out of college. (This was for an inside sales job BTW)

Another involved interviewing with three people. One sat in front of me, one to my side, and the other sat behind me. It made for a rather... awkward interview to say the least. The worse part was overhearing the one sitting behind me as I was leaving tell the main decision maker that she felt like I did not give her enough attention.

• 3 weeks later...

It always baffles me when I see too many managers and not enough actual workers. I had a team of 10 managers interview me just for a dishwasher position.

• Like 1
It always baffles me when I see too many managers and not enough actual workers. I had a team of 10 managers interview me just for a dishwasher position.

Yeah, because without you it was -

"No, it's your turn!"

"No, I did it yesterday - it's YOUR turn!"

"I did it lunchtime - I'm not doing it again!"

"Well, I've got dishpan hands now...."

"....AND the water's too hot!"

"Why do I always have to dry up?"

• Like 3
  • Author
Yeah, because without you it was -

"No, it's your turn!"

"No, I did it yesterday - it's YOUR turn!"

"I did it lunchtime - I'm not doing it again!"

"Well, I've got dishpan hands now...."

"....AND the water's too hot!"

"Why do I always have to dry up?"

:laugh::laugh::laugh: That actually reminds me of the internship I interviewed for with a group of like 5 managers.