Did your ex upgrade or downgrade! ?

• Author
First girlfriend - basically NC, but found out from mutual friends she is with a guy I used to work with. Lives with the guy's parents. Also a short stubby guy. She is also fat now but was hot when we were together.

Second girlfriend - still single last time we chatted. No NC but she deletedme when I changed my FI status to engaged to my current wife. She wasn't that hor but she was skinny which my wife isn't and my first gf wasn't really either.

Yeah i never understood why they cheat then you move on and they get upset.

• Author
I would state, in the cold light of day, that the guy my exW moved on to, and remains with nearly four years later, was indeed an upgrade. He was completely unfettered by other attentions (I was doing EOL care at the time) and financially, at the time anyway, more viable and he's demonstrated good handyman skills to take care of the house I provided her with. I'd say she did pretty well.

I've left women behind for the time-being so really don't have any dogs in the fight so can look at results in a dispassionate manner. Time and perspective affords that. Good luck.

I always figured if they where better i wouldnt feel as bad but i dont know

ive ran into my ex and even the girls at work said he was chubby and short

Here's the real moderation directive:

We have a valid topic here: Do members feel their ex-partner(s) upgraded or downgraded when splitting up? Stating why is acceptable.

Please continue!

Edited by William
Removed non-conforming postings and updated.
  • Like 1

I upgraded. No idea if she did. I really would not want to know. But my juggling skills have improved, she was always so critical when i dropped the 4th ball. So i hope she met the juggler of her dreams.

• Like 1

He downgraded

I lived with ex for the the 3.5yrs long divorce process.

First "Other" boyfriend he ever had was some 30yo that slept on a mattress on the floor, didn't own a vacuum, kettle or plunger (ex would take stuff from our house)

It lasted for about 5 mos off and on.. I got to see it implode. Didn't make me feel any better.

He actually told me he told the guy that he was a downgrade from me. I told him they would all be....

They aren't living it up either.. Don't worry bout it.

Life is a mundane struggle for the most part, even if people project the optics to the contrary.

• Like 3

I would have hoped that all my ex's upgraded, at least in their eyes.

Dating is all about finding who and what you want out of a relationship and as you go through the dating process you fine tune and hone in on the right person for you.

So I would hope that all of my ex's took what they could from our relationship and made a choice that was closer to who and what they wanted out of a relationship..

If they did.. a win win...

• Like 2
  • Author
He downgraded

I lived with ex for the the 3.5yrs long divorce process.

First "Other" boyfriend he ever had was some 30yo that slept on a mattress on the floor, didn't own a vacuum, kettle or plunger (ex would take stuff from our house)

It lasted for about 5 mos off and on.. I got to see it implode. Didn't make me feel any better.

He actually told me he told the guy that he was a downgrade from me. I told him they would all be....

They aren't living it up either.. Don't worry bout it.

Life is a mundane struggle for the most part, even if people project the optics to the contrary.

I wonder if it was the fear of being alone. I still haven't read any gigs sucess stories.

I will upgrade, that's for sure.

As for her, I hope she upgrades too for her sake. But I would be lying if I said it wasn't a small stroke of ego to see she downgraded.