Alright fellas, let's talk about settling down.

MrNate 2.0

If I had a very high socioeconomic status there is no way in hell I would settle down. As my socioeconomic status should be average my entire life I will settle down.

What a miserable view of life. If I had money, I would go ahead and use people? Since I don't, I'll use people (b/c i can't afford not to).....

• Like 1

I am much more wealthy than I was 10 years ago but I am in a great marriage. I am glad we don't have to live paycheck to paycheck so we can do more things together.

What a miserable view of life. If I had money, I would go ahead and use people? Since I don't, I'll use people (b/c i can't afford not to).....

I'm not going to use anyone... I just think regular men get the most fulfillment out of LTR. I also think their fulfillment can't come close to matching Hugh Hefners.

• Author
I'm not going to use anyone... I just think regular men get the most fulfillment out of LTR. I also think their fulfillment can't come close to matching Hugh Hefners.

In a twisted way, I actually agree a bit with this.

I'd put him up there on the list of men with truly fulfilled lives.

• Like 1
  • Author
I don't think that just because you can live the "playboy" lifestyle means you want to. Now perhaps I'm in denial or something (but I don't think so...) about my own relationship.........but my BF DID live the playboy lifestyle all through college and a couple years after. He was the epitome of it all. When we met he was 26 and he was looking for a girlfriend...for someone to be in a serious relationship with. IMO he can still get tons of girls, he's attractive and ridiculously charming. But he actually wants something more. Isn't that called growing up?

I guess I am trusting of him and don't think he settled because I was a female version of him, I wasn't as crazy as he was but I was the type of chick the bitter guys on here all bitch about. And then I grew up more and wanted something more. So I trust that he TRULY wants a relationship because I grew into wanting that myself.

"Growing up" is totally relative. A man can not want to be in that situation and still be just as grown as a man who looks for a partner.

That's nothing more than a difference in priorities. One doesn't imply more maturity over the other. A divorce rate of over 50% doesn't support the cause either.

We should probably be a little more careful how we throw such terms around.

Im nearly 30 and ready to settle down. Got the education and a nice life but no women since i dont have time to pick up women. As a person who is sober and dont smoke,I just dont like bars. Hope to try volunteering I would love to settle down by 35 with kids etc.

• Author
For women, all sex isn't equal. Finding a man who really does it for you is rare, and addictive. You crave him, specifically. And it doesn't wear off after having sex with him a few times; feelings develop and the need for him gets even stronger.

Does this not happen for men?

My brain doesn't operate the same way, but I'm sure that's the case for some.

I've never thought about it in terms of "settling down". I've dated girls I don't see a long term thing with cause they were fun but did not see them as a life partner or anything. Then I've had gf's that I thought I would be with forever. It was never a matter of having an inner dialogue with myself about whether I should settle down or not it was something that just kind of happened.

• Like 1