background checks

Well, not being officially divorced might explain why yhis "my man" (who is apparently mot the same "my man is incthe dog house man) hss chosen not to see you in 22 months.

• Like 1

One can get a divorce outside the state or country of matrimonial residency.

My divorce record is trucated on some pertenient matters.

Some states have the following stipulation in some form or another:

"Even though there is a presumption that allows the public to have access to court records that right is not absolute. A family court judge has the power to seal court records when the interests of privacy outweigh the public right's to know. A divorce litigant may make an application to the court to seal the file or any part of it. Pursuant to Rule 5:3-2(b), the court upon a demonstration of "good cause" and notice to all parties, shall have the authority to order that a family part file, or any portion thereof be sealed. The court must have "good cause" to seal any part of a divorce file. A divorce court must balance the rights of the public interest against the rights of the parties."

I think the OP needs to re-count some marbles that may have fallen out.

• Author
If I were dating and someone investigated me I would end it.

I wouldn't. In fact, I joke/hinted with him, suggesting: if you haven't already done a background check, hahaha... (But of course, jokes are only funny if there's a seed of truth contained therein).

Anyway, I want him to know everything about me, including and especially my financial background. That way he can be sure of his decision. Some things I may have forgotten, and I know how he is with finances: very serious :laugh: