Who DIDN'T work during your degree?

Just an observation, no disrespect, it could be because you are spoiled, or have been your entire life, and it "shows" when you apply or when you first get the job. These types of jobs are usually performed by less privileged folks, ones who HAVE to work and will do the dirty stuff, like clean a toilet.

I use to have to train new waiters/waitresses and I could tell almost immediately who was going to make it or not. The folks who needed the money, made it. The ones who did not, wanted the "experience", wanted to have fun, did not. And I can tell you, the ones who needed the job,m were the best damn servers ever. I now appreciate good service when i go out because I can "see" it.

I also worked in retail, at a hardware store so I have a littel retail experience. Same thing.

I was a busboy at age 15, cleaning the grossest stuff; I had to, I needed the money as my family did not have money.

I had 2 paper routes from age 15 -17 and worked as a busboy at night. I saved enough to buy my own first car.

Your parents, in my opinion, are doing you no service by paying your way thru life. And my best guess is this shows when you are placed next to an equally capable candidate.

Again, no disrespect at all, just an observation.

And I will add, I do a lot of interviewing and hiring with my job, have for many years. My personal "research" has told me, all else equal, two candidates standing next to each other, the one who has had to work his butt off his entire life to make ends meet, is going to be the hardest worker and better candidate. I'll even ask someone, if it's a younger candidate, if they worked during college just to see how they answer.

I am not judging you AT all. I am suggesting some of this might be coming out when you interview, or even once you get the job. You may not see it, or feel it. It's similar to the person who only advances so far in their career because they do no thave a degree, compared to one who does, assuming all else equal.

Try this: tell mom and dad no for a semester, try to make ends meet on your own. See if getting a job then, becomes easier. Just a thought, and actually a great research project!

I don't understand why you can't get a job. If you are older than the average college student but don't have any retail or hospitality experience that could be a factor.

Have you tried the work study program at school? Many universities have the need for part-time labor. When you go to this office on campus ask them for an evaluation of your job prospects.

Also check out a website called SnagAJob dot com. It has all sorts of jobs: fast food, retail, babysitting etc.

• Author
And I will add, I do a lot of interviewing and hiring with my job, have for many years. My personal "research" has told me, all else equal, two candidates standing next to each other, the one who has had to work his butt off his entire life to make ends meet, is going to be the hardest worker and better candidate. I'll even ask someone, if it's a younger candidate, if they worked during college just to see how they answer.

I am not judging you AT all. I am suggesting some of this might be coming out when you interview, or even once you get the job. You may not see it, or feel it. It's similar to the person who only advances so far in their career because they do no thave a degree, compared to one who does, assuming all else equal.

Try this: tell mom and dad no for a semester, try to make ends meet on your own. See if getting a job then, becomes easier. Just a thought, and actually a great research project!

Sorry but no, I am not moving out of their flat.

I would be on the street. Welfare isn't enough for food AND shelter.

I support myself to some extent. I don't ask them for money. I enjoy life, I eat and stay at home. I don't use petrol money unless I have a job interview that I would otherwise not make if it's in a hard to get to area via public transport.

I only eat out, see a movie, or do anything besides eating and staying in, when I get some work.

Mum offers all the time to shout me dinner out with my boyfriend or she urges me to go and see a movie. I SAY NO THANKS I WOULD RATHER GET A JOB than rely on their help beyond shelter, my phone bill and petrol money.

They pay my rent and phone bill. That's all they OWN their flat which I reside in AND they live overseas.

They know without me living rent free in their flat that I would be homeless. My mother could not bring herself to out me out on the streets.

I can assure you that I'm a hard worker. I DO feel like I need the money as badly as anyone else! !!!! I WANT to move out of home and be independent.

I live at home BECAUSE I HAVE TO. I don't WANT to!

Jesus. I desperately want a job AS MUCH as those "poor folks" do!

Ideally, my dream would be to work full time during college snd study 3 rather than 4 subjects. OR, part time work combined with full time study ks a other very desirable option.

NEVER say I don't want a job as much as the poor folks. I VERY DESPERATELY want a NORMAL life, with my OWN rented flat and my OWN money.

• Author
I worked during the summers between semesters at a union job which my next door neighbor arranged for me as a part of a program his company had for college students. Earned a then quite high ten bucks an hour (2.65/hr was minimum wage back then) and collected UI during the school year. It was enough to pay my tuition and books (I paid for my own college; no parental help or loans) and put money aside for buying a house, which I did a few years later.

Working all day in the blazing sun on cotton seed stacks is probably not what modern college students would enjoy but it taught good work ethics, teamwork and the value of a good wage for a hard day's work and made me appreciate the value of an engineering degree program as one path in life.

That's very admirable. I would also do any job. Happily.

I am very welcoming of ANY job that's available. I would be thrilled to clean toilets whilst at college as I would feel more worthy and also I'd have money.

• Author

Sigh.

So I just got a call from an event company that wants staff to serve drinks during an upcoming Eminem concert, and also for events after that.

It would be weekend work in Sydney ( I live 2 hours away from ANZ stadium and I would have to spend the night at my family or boyfriends mothers house IF I was to get the job, as I cannot travel 2 hours via train home at night and I cannot drive in Sydney traffic plus dad wont let me take the car down).

THE CATCH - I need TWO references. Yeah. AS USUAL, even for a BAR job, they need " experience".

I have had experience behind a bar, but I have only done the odd job here and there behind a bar, I have never kept a long term bar job.. Yet I have worked behind many bars for 1 - 3 shifts each.

Even to get A BASIC job these days you need loads of experience. So, I have to get my two friends to pretend to be work references OTHERSIE they WILL NOT give me the chance to work as a bloody bar maid (without "two" work references)

IT is ridiculous. They should give less experienced people like me a chance because I BADLY need the job, I WANT Is more than anything, and I am going to work very hard at it! AND I know I DO easily have the brains and ability to bloody pour drinks at a fast pace.

But no, people like me without years of bar experienced can go to hell and just stay on welfare as far as these people are concerned since NO ONE gives inexperienced bar staff or waitresses a look in.

uhhh okay, so how are inexperienced workers like me SUPPOSED to EVER get a job... without, uhh, EXPERIENCE:mad::mad:

Something has gotta give. People like me, who have had only a couple of years waitressing and bar experience, are on the street UNLESS we live at home!

IF I was not living at home I would be HOMELESS and without shelter. Yet NO ONE is willing to help people like me who lack years of experience. We can just rot on welfare for all the business owners care!

What happened to giving someone a chance?

PLENTY of homeless people have worked behind a few bars but cannot get ANY work due to not having enough experience; they are left without a home because NO ONE will give them the CHANCE to work even when they desperately want to work.

And no they don't allow you to get free experience; I have virtually begged establishments to let me work for FREE to gain experience, and they just say no sorry, it is illegal to work for free without it being a paid trial.

It is easy to work behind a bar. They have registers to add things up for you, everything is done for you! Yet no, unless I have TWO prior references, they won't even give me the chance to prove that yes I am VERY capable of working behind a bar:lmao:

It is effing insulting! I mean, DUH yes I CAN get he hang of working behind the bar. NO I DON"T need "prior experience" in order to have the APPTIDUDE to work behind a flipping bar if I work hard enough to strive to be good at it.

I have worked behind a bar before pouring beer, doing everything bar cocktails so I know it is hard work and very fast paced. However, you do not need EXPERIENCE in order to get he hang of it quickly.

The induction is next week. I have two fake references lined up, because I have worked in so many restaurants and establishments over the years that I simply do not have any bar work - related references.

I KNOW I can work behind a bar serving drinks at events, unfortunately, people like me wont even get a chance to prove ourselves unless we have "experience" we can prove.

It is very sad that, in order to EVER get a job, I will always have to lie and feign more experience than I truly have.

I am not joking: I WILL NOT EVER get a job during my 3 year degree UNLESS I LIE, and make up that I HAVE had prior experience as a waitress or bar maid.

• Author

UGH.

Seriously.

I try to apply for jobs, and I arrive at a job in a jewellery store.

Okay. So, I think it would be fairly easy to read all about diamonds and other precious stones and have a fairly good knowledge of them.

Yet they ONLY want staff who have had 4 PLUS years experience in another jewellery store.

You would think that anyone that was reliable and well presented would be given a chance?

And LOL this is a JOKE: The sandwich shop I had a trial at, who didn't want me, put an add up on the job search site after my trial:

" please only apply if you have minimum of 3 years experience making sandwiches"

:lmao:

She told me on the day that she liked me and I was fine, but she needed someone who could make sandwiches at break neck speed from day one.

So it took her a year to get up to speed, which she admitted, yet she wont give people like me a chance to prove themselves.

I can make effing sandwiches. It is just plain insulting that she ASSUMED I was "too slow" to ever be able to speed up. Like come on, I think most people, if they tried hard enough, can make quick sandwiches.

It is so disgusting that a person like myself, who is trying SO hard to get ANY job and who looks like a perfectly normal and nice girl, is denied the chance to work as a food server due to not having 3 years experience.

What about people like me without their parents houses to live at? These people need to be given a chance if they don't have skills. Once they earn money, they can go to college and get the skills they need...

Anyway, I will just look for work every single day. After another year of daily job searches, I will safely say that: after 5 years of looking daily for food serving and retail positions, there IS 100% something wrong with me, and I need my Uni degree as leverage to get a job.

Sounds like the job market is saturated over there.

The jewelry shop, i would not hire you, sorry to say that.

I would want someone who knows stones well, and who looks good, a real smooth guy/girl.

The sandwich shop, if it's a popular venue with lots of clients at rush-hour, i see how it might be important.

The bar, would it serve complex drinks or not ?

If not, experience is not that important [overall], but like i said ... the job market is probably saturated.

• Author
Sounds like the job market is saturated over there.

The jewelry shop, i would not hire you, sorry to say that.

I would want someone who knows stones well, and who looks good, a real smooth guy/girl.

Excuse me?

How do I not look good? I know how to do my hair and make up very nicely. I have straight teeth and clear skin.

How am I NOT a smooth girl?

I lived in a 5 star hotel when I was a child. Overseas. I can assure you, I have been around luxury more than most people who work in Jewellery stores.

I had a privileged upbringing. I have a wardrobe full of quality clothes... I look and sound akin to any white collar worker albeit I ADMIT I have not got a degree yet, and hence I am not exactly going to have the writing skills of a lawyer.

The sandwich shop, if it's a popular venue with lots of clients at rush-hour, i see how it might be important.

Yeah, but I am very certain that I could get up to speed in a relatively small space of time. Plus I work the register fast without having to be shown twice how to use it. Customers go out of their way to say they enjoy my service.

The bar, would it serve complex drinks or not ?

If not, experience is not that important [overall], but like i said ... the job market is probably saturated.

Yeah well, people like me are respectable, well spoken and not useless. We want jobs, we want to work hard.

Someone needs to give us a break. We don't WANT to be on government welfare. I certainly don't.

Because NO ONE gives people with minimal experience a chance, we will always just stay on welfare.

Someone needs to give us a chance. Chances are, we are intelligent enough to learn how to serve FOOD.

• Author

OH neat.

So a discount furniture store needs years of prior retail experience, a COVER LETTER and it requires you to do a 20 minute test/form.

Seriously?

Yes, retail and customer service are hard work and very trying at times. I am NOT trying to undermine that.

However, college students like me lack experience yet would EASILY be able to handle the job. We are not EVER given the chance sadly, since even jobs that do not require official qualifications NEED years of bloody experience.

It is not just me when it comes to finding work. However, I have notoriously bad luck and after many years I am simply not deemed as employable.

God I can't wait until I finish my degree.

I will keep trying to search for work but I will be shocked if I got a job, even if I try every food server job, waitress and retail job within a 2 hour radius of where I live.

This is the problem at the moment.. employers can afford to be picky so why wouldn't they demand experience.

I think a lot of it is who you know, an being in the right place at the right time.

I was looking for a job for about 2 months when I was 16.. no one wanted to take a chance on an untested kid. Then I was at a hand car wash with my dad, they apologised for the delay said they were short staffed, I told them I was looking for work and could start right now.

I did that job for a year and then got a job cleaning cars at a car showroom (that I wouldn't of got with out the experience) that took me through the rest of college. It was just luck really.

Leigh, I understand that 'low-paid' jobs are harder to get in Aussie, because the minimum wage is very high to begin with. So there is significant competition for waitressing jobs etc and even some folks with degrees go for them, because they don't pay all that much less than other jobs.

What happened to the au pair job you said you'd gotten previously?

• Author
This is the problem at the moment.. employers can afford to be picky so why wouldn't they demand experience.

I think a lot of it is who you know, an being in the right place at the right time.

I was looking for a job for about 2 months when I was 16.. no one wanted to take a chance on an untested kid. Then I was at a hand car wash with my dad, they apologised for the delay said they were short staffed, I told them I was looking for work and could start right now.

I did that job for a year and then got a job cleaning cars at a car showroom (that I wouldn't of got with out the experience) that took me through the rest of college. It was just luck really.

by demanding experience, thousands of people on welfare and homeless. There are people that want to work hard yet never get he chance due to lack of "experience"

There HAS to be a way out for people like me. I have a few years experience here and there, doing retail and hospitality and personal training, but only about 2 years of working all up. That IS NOT enough to get hired as a waitress or retail worker these days where I come from UNLESS you know someone or you are good looking.

It would be nice if employers took a chance on a person who is well presented and comes across well in an interview, yet who doesn't have years of experience.

• Author
Leigh, I understand that 'low-paid' jobs are harder to get in Aussie, because the minimum wage is very high to begin with. So there is significant competition for waitressing jobs etc and even some folks with degrees go for them, because they don't pay all that much less than other jobs.

What happened to the au pair job you said you'd gotten previously?

It was in the middle of no where. They changed their mind after they met me, as they gave me the job based on phone calls and from talking to me reference.

They just didn't like me I guess?

That was months ago. I have gotten shut down from every job I have applied for since. I get interviews and do well in them, but then on the trials I am either too slow at making sandwiches and they need someone who can do it super fast right away (when I know I could do it super fast within a few weeks or less), or they just want more experienced waitresses. I have only 1 - 2 years experience.

Or the staff rat me out, like at the last job I had. I was STOKED. Thrilled. It was at a club, a HUGE country club. For betting, gambling, there were restaurants and function rooms. I was in heaven.

Then I wanted to change the water to wash up in and almost fainted from the heat of the roast meat and veg section since I worked when I was ill due to them giving me NO NOTICE that day that I was due to work (when every one else gets a ROSTER).

So the staff dobbed me in, even though the duty manager at he restaurant told me I was excellent and he was very pleased.

Fcck them I hope Karma bites them in the bum, I really do. They should have given me a chance. Not a mere 3 shifts.

I even spent 300 bucks on a taxi due to being in Sydney when they called me in, and me not being able to get there in time via train so I HAD to catch a cab.

I told the manager " yeah, I had to catch a cab from Sydney, I was keen to come in when you called me"

None of the staff would have wasted 3 days wage to be able to make it to work.

I also worked when I was ill on short notice.

I just didn't want to wash up in absolutely squalid sink water; the water had been there ALL DAY, and it had solid meals floating in it. I was ill that day and wanted to vomit at he site of it.

It takes two minutes to empty a sink and re fill it with CLEAN water.

SO yeah, that is pretty much WHY I got fired.

They ASSUMED I would "not do the washing up". Which is total bullocks, I am happy to wash dishes all day; in water that is changed every 3 hours, NOT water that has been in the sink literally allll day:sick:

I might be working an event in a few weeks, at an Eminem concert. I bet hey find a reason to NOT use me again though. "not enough experience" or "not being super fast right away"

How many of you worked during college/university?

From what I know, most people work for either travel or because (in the USA) they actually HAVE to work full time while they study in order to live.

Was it hard to get waitressing or retail work during your studies? Everyone I know seems to get jobs easily. I have been looking for years yet can't, despite having no problems making friends or getting boyfriends.

I plan to work steadily during my degree in order to travel and get a nose job (probably not both things).

I don't need to work but want to, as we get Austudy here that you can live off IF you live with your parents.

I worked in high school and college. In college I tended to work on breaks and summer but I was a Resident Assistant my junior year and I was paid for a couple internships my senior year.

I have worked since I was 16 and I couldn't have imagined not working during that time. I enjoyed it and my parents didn't have the money to supply me with my spending money or to live off campus. I honestly don't remember thinking anything about it. It was just the way it was.

I followed my father's advise of "if you weren't in school you would be working so schedule your day for a 40 hour work week. I would schedule my class time and study time during regular hours and in doing so I never pulled an all nighter and rarely studied past 9pm. I then scheduled any work hours around all of this.

I really helped me once I graduated on how to handle work and personal time. And taught me time management!

• Author

I officially got given the nanny job. And it officially got taken away.

Same with the last job. It got given to me then taken away.

I worked as a nanny at another place but they only paid me 7.00 an hour. It was fine at first, but then they wanted me to change nappies so I quit. Sorry, but 7 bucks per hour is not enough to warrant nappy changes.

14 dollars is considered very low wage for Aus. Some pizza joints with delivery drivers pay 10 an hour, but it is normally at least 12.

7 bucks to look after TWO kids, one being a baby, is not enough.

SO yeah. I had 3 jobs. Lost two. Quit one. All in a 9 month period.

I have been to numerous trials as well. They decided I wasn't fast good enough. Although I swear, I am not "bad" at these jobs. I can walk in to any café or restaurant now, and get to work without being told what to do. Newbies have to be told. I have enough experience to walk into the job and feel very familiar in it and know what I am doing well enough.

Obviously I am not great at it, hence the long term unemployment. I seriously don't believe I am "slow", either.

I worked as a nanny at another place but they only paid me 7.00 an hour. It was fine at first, but then they wanted me to change nappies so I quit. Sorry, but 7 bucks per hour is not enough to warrant nappy changes.

Leigh.... most nanny jobs typically DO involve nappy changes.

This makes it quite clear that you were given jobs, you just didn't want some of them. And yet you mention that you would be happy to scrub toilets if given the chance. How will you stand that when you can't stand changing nappies?

It's a valid decision for you to decide that the job wasn't worth it and to quit, but you have to own it and stop saying that people won't give you a chance. Because they did, just not exactly the type of chance you wanted.

• Like 2
  • Author
Leigh.... most nanny jobs typically DO involve nappy changes.

This makes it quite clear that you were given jobs, you just didn't want some of them. And yet you mention that you would be happy to scrub toilets if given the chance. How will you stand that when you can't stand changing nappies?

It's a valid decision for you to decide that the job wasn't worth it and to quit, but you have to own it and stop saying that people won't give you a chance. Because they did, just not exactly the type of chance you wanted.

NO I did need it.

Look, 7 an hour is NOT acceptable in AUSTRALIA.

If you knew our country well and you lived here yourself, you would know it is an absolute disgrace to pay an adult 7 per hour.

That b*tch was from India, and she darn well comes to OUR country and decides to pay her staff according to freakin INDIAN standards.

Sorry, I wanted the job like HELL. But I will not stand for people like her ruining our country. Because some people are desperate enough to work for 7 bucks per hour, she takes advantage of that.

I would have GLADLY changed nappies; but not for 7 bucks an hour. Including the 3 - 4 dollars there and back for petrol, I am really making 5 or 6 per hour.

That is really not worth working for in Aus.

Elswyth, I firmly disagree I haven't wanted jobs badly enough.

I took a stand for the IDIOTS who come into our country yet think they can get away with wanting a nanny to have around them like back in India, and then they impose their own stupid system .

Her husband was a doctor. She was a housewife with an advanced degree. She could afford 14 an hour, which is still way bellow minimum wage over here.

MY parents were very proud of me for taking a stand, and telling that lady to take a hike!

It was about being an Australian and not wanting THOSE morons coming to our country and thinking it is OKAY to not pay their staff OUR standard of minimum wage.

I am not racist. But their impose their way of life here; the Indian restaurant I worked at briefly paid only 12 dollars per hour.

As I said, 19 dollars is minimum wage. for adults.

Leigh, if they are paying you less than the legal minimum wage, then you had every right to quit or report them.

However, that was not your concern when you first accepted the job, was it? You only quit after they told you you'd need to change nappies - which is usually understood to be part of the nanny's job description in the first place. That's like someone taking a McDs job for $7/hour and then quitting because he was told that he'd need to mop the floor sometimes.

We could argue all day about this, but the point is that nobody is entitled to a job that they want. Also, if I was your employer, your latest post would give me pause. A lot of pause.

• Author
Leigh, if they are paying you less than the legal minimum wage, then you had every right to quit or report them.

However, that was not your concern when you first accepted the job, was it? You only quit after they told you you'd need to change nappies - which is usually understood to be part of the nanny's job description in the first place. That's like someone taking a McDs job for $7/hour and then quitting because he was told that he'd need to mop the floor sometimes.

We could argue all day about this, but the point is that nobody is entitled to a job that they want. Also, if I was your employer, your latest post would give me pause. A lot of pause.

I strongly disagree with the Indians who come to our country and pay 7 an hour.

I think the way they think is disgusting; they believe in paying their helpers f*ck all, and they bring that crap to Australia.

They treat their lower casts like slaves over there, and they take their filthy belief systems to our much more CIVILISED country!

It makes my blood boil, people like her:sick:

My parents are very strongly against this woman and her practices. As are the rest of my family. They don't believe in paying helpers 7 dollars an hour.

In this neck of the woods, we believe a persons TIME is worth MUCH more than 7 dollars. That can't buy you a sandwich here.

Many people feel the same way; if you cannot afford help, don't hire nannies and luxuries.

I see nothing wrong with hating on people who fail to pay their workers adequate money. It is actually illegal.

I haven't said anything in that last post that I don't believe to be true.

And no way would I agree to change a babies nappies for 7 dollars per hour.

She said I just had to "clean her flat" and " watch the kids" occasionally.

She was at HOME at the time, it was HER baby, surely she knew that it was much easier for HER to change the nappy than me, a person who is disgusted by her crappy babies poo?

She expected the helper to change nappies for 7 an hour, when she was darn well sitting there and easily could have done it herself.

I only stuck around for so long because I was desperate to save up money for something.

But yeah, I would spend 5 hours there for a mere 50 dollars, when I could have spent that time studying.

It was a lot of time for not enough money.

• Author

ugh that Indian women is disgusting, her morals and outlook on life...

She told me that her and the other mums within her circle all sit down together and discuss how low they can get away with paying people.

Seriously. How dare they come to another country and conspire with one another as to how little they can get away with paying. It is sickening.

ALL these stupid Indians seem to think that they can get away with paying nannies 7 bucks an hour.

So what if they don't have official qualifications. They are still taking great responsibility in looking after a baby or young child. You can bet your ass those Indians would sue the hell out of us nannies if one of their children were to fall over and crack open their head.

I have Indian friends and I am not racist. I have a dead set reasons as to WHY these idiots make me fume.

Edited by Leigh 87
Look, 7 an hour is NOT acceptable in AUSTRALIA.

This made me google the exchange rate - I had no idea that it was as high as 1:2 almost!

19 dollars would be a minimum wage of £10 ish - that's pretty darn good! students get about £6 (about 11 dollars) over here, so no wonder you job markets competitive.

.....not that that is particularly helpful or insightful, it just interested me.

(strange really because a nanny is the one job where I wouldn't higher anyone without 20 years of experience......and even then I wouldn't be happy - I'd only want family or friends to look after my boys really, wouldn't trust anyone else enough)

• Like 2
This made me google the exchange rate - I had no idea that it was as high as 1:2 almost!

19 dollars would be a minimum wage of £10 ish - that's pretty darn good! students get about £6 (about 11 dollars) over here, so no wonder you job markets competitive.

.....not that that is particularly helpful or insightful, it just interested me.

(strange really because a nanny is the one job where I wouldn't higher anyone without 20 years of experience......and even then I wouldn't be happy - I'd only want family or friends to look after my boys really, wouldn't trust anyone else enough)

Yeah, Aussie has the highest minimum wage in the world, period. There isn't even a need to convert, as they pay living costs in AUD as well (and Sydney isn't any more expensive than, say, London). However there are many loopholes to the minimum wage clause, which allow some employers to pay people less without getting in legal trouble.

Yeah, Aussie has the highest minimum wage in the world, period. There isn't even a need to convert, as they pay living costs in AUD as well (and Sydney isn't any more expensive than, say, London). However there are many loopholes to the minimum wage clause, which allow some employers to pay people less without getting in legal trouble.

People always find loopholes don't they!

That is a good minimum wage, though google tells me you get much more money as a firefighter over here, which surprises me!

• Like 1
  • Author

I grew up with the belief that my time is worth more than 7 dollars per hour.

To those of us here, it is just.... ridiculous to be paid 7 an hour.

We are darn generous here as well as welfare; welfare gives you enough to eat and buy new clothes when your old ones fall apart as well as transport cost.

It doesn't afford you shelter though as well as food (welfare).

If it weren't for my parents I would be homeless. I wouldn't have a future even though I would be dying to go to college.

Thankgod I don't NEED a job in order to achieve my dreams. I am extremely fortunate. Yet, I WANT a job more than anything:(