"Possessing a penis doesn't make somebody less fickle."

That was pickflicker's response to a post I made in a thread which a guy was suddenly dumped by his GF for seemingly no reason.

Are men just as likely to randomly/suddenly end a relationship as women are, or is this something that women tend to do more often?

For the topic of this thread, I'm only concerned with relationships where there weren't any obvious issues and one person suddenly decided to end it without any signs or warnings.

I'd like to hear stories from both men and women.

As I'm sure many of you know, my GF of six months suddenly dumped me out of the blue. I didn't have a clue that anything was bothering her whatsoever and I was completely stunned. She later actually apologized for dumping me so suddenly :rolleyes:

The nickname my bestfriend and I called one of my exes is "Fickle Man" :laugh:.

When we broke up it was out of left field, for no reason, it was in the middle of a conversation in which he just told me he loved me and how happy he was to be with me, then literally 10 minutes later he started frantically saying he thinks we need to take a break, then he tried to undo it 2 weeks later, then did it again and then he went on to have a slew of gfs that lasted like a month each and he's just a terribly fickle person.

Women are no more fickle than men. Fickle people are fickle people irrespective of gender and it's simply about their issues with commitment and other issues that will determine their fickleness and not their gender.

• Like 3
  • Author
The nickname my bestfriend and I called one of my exes is "Fickle Man" :laugh:.

When we broke up it was out of left field, for no reason, it was in the middle of a conversation in which he just told me he loved me and how happy he was to be with me, then literally 10 minutes later he started frantically saying he thinks we need to take a break, then he tried to undo it 2 weeks later, then did it again and then he went on to have a slew of gfs that lasted like a month each and he's just a terribly fickle person.

Women are no more fickle than men. Fickle people are fickle people irrespective of gender and it's simply about their issues with commitment and other issues that will determine their fickleness and not their gender.

Ha! That's pretty horrible. Sounds like he didn't have a clue how he was feeling.

My ex and I were together for about 6 years, off and on after 3 of those years. We had decided to really make it work and discussed moving in together. We had a good night--dinner, a movie, that conversation. Things were going well.

And that was last time I ever spoke to him. He went completely MIA after that night.

IME, men are more likely to disappear unexpectedly than women.

• Like 1

There was a guy who I dated for around six months. We had said "I love you," met each other's families, spent Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year's Eve together, and saw each other 3-4 days a week. I thought our relationship was going perfectly fine -- at least he had never raised any issues with me, and we were very compatible. One day he left my house and I never heard from him again. It took me a couple of days to really realize that he was blowing me off. Of course, then I panicked and thought maybe something had happened to him. So, I called up his best friend, had a super awkward conversation, found out that my now ex was perfectly fine. He never returned any of my calls or e-mails. He left a ton of stuff at my house, too -- clothes, shoes, CDs. Just gave me a kiss goodbye, left, and never spoke to me again. It is truly one of the strangest things that has ever happened to me.

So yeah, guys disappear also. Consider yourself lucky that your ex at least had the courtesy to formally break up with you.

• Like 1
  • Author
My ex and I were together for about 6 years, off and on after 3 of those years. We had decided to really make it work and discussed moving in together. We had a good night--dinner, a movie, that conversation. Things were going well.

And that was last time I ever spoke to him. He went completely MIA after that night.

There was a guy who I dated for around six months. We had said "I love you," met each other's families, spent Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year's Eve together, and saw each other 3-4 days a week. I thought our relationship was going perfectly fine -- at least he had never raised any issues with me, and we were very compatible. One day he left my house and I never heard from him again. It took me a couple of days to really realize that he was blowing me off. Of course, then I panicked and thought maybe something had happened to him. So, I called up his best friend, had a super awkward conversation, found out that my now ex was perfectly fine. He never returned any of my calls or e-mails. He left a ton of stuff at my house, too -- clothes, shoes, CDs. Just gave me a kiss goodbye, left, and never spoke to me again. It is truly one of the strangest things that has ever happened to me.

So yeah, guys disappear also. Consider yourself lucky that your ex at least had the courtesy to formally break up with you.

Wow, those are really horrible stories.

It sucks that some guys are such cowards.

Thank you ladies for sharing.

Philosoraptor

It's true, one doesn't make one less fickle. In order to be less fickle you need to have more than one.

See dead beat dads as well for that disappearing act.

• Like 1