Subconsciously Anorexic?

Is it possible to be anorexic without actually meaning to be? A couple weeks ago I started dating a new guy who is so beyond hot and I have always been self conscious about my body. In the first week we hung out I dropped 7 pounds. I just didn't eat barely anything and I didn't eat any junk food at all. The thing is I really didn't mean too, but I think I liked how my body was looking as I lost weight and I started to wear a size 4 instead of a 6. Anyone who has dealt with anorexia can you give me some insight to this. Thanks!

well i'm definitely no expert, but i've taken a couple nutrition and "well being" classes in college.

i've never heard of subconcious anorexia, not saying it doesn't exit, but i've never heard of it.

you know that you want to look good for your guy as you said, but also, did you know that if you dramatically take away the food your body is used to receiving, when and if you go back to your normal eating patterns again, it's most likely you will gain your weight back and MORE in a rather short period of time.

i'm sure you're guy likes/loves you for who you ARE.

when i started dating my current bf, i would get paranoid that he thought my body wasn't tiny enough or, whatever!

but you know, it's a horrible way to look at yourself. yeah yeah it's been said many times, but honestly, people will accept you for who and how you are no matter what, aaand if they don't then their loss ;)

sometimes, when i and i know others, get real excited or anxious about stuff, their appetite will decrease, a lot sometimes. and hey, you said you were a size 6, you don't have a damn thing to not like about your body! you're guy saw something in u that interested him in you. you weren't a size 4 when you met him, soooo....no need to be one now :)

maybe after the initial shock of how hot he is cools down you'll get back on your regular eating patterns :p good luck!

~Sarah~

• 4 weeks later...

Hey,

Yeah i kno exactly what u mean. Same thing happened to me too.

Started seein this guy, and for some reason i was jus never hungry, think mine was more to do with nerves tho! But when i did start loosin weight, it encouraged me to loose more.

I wouldn't class this as anorexia, i don't believe it to be an eating disorder at all. Sometimes eating habits change with moods, and different occurences happening in your life.

But do be careful, with me the guy actually noticed i was hardly eatin, and begun to notice something was wrong, which actually made me eat.

Stay Safe X

I know when I get hung up over a girl I get butterflies in my stomach and get all anxious and I barely eat anything (didn't eat for 24 hours just because I wasn't hungry - and I broke the 24 hours with one slice of pizza).