What do men want?

• Author

Otherwise, as others have said, I want to feel appreciated and needed. Not just some accessory to be tossed in a box at the end of an evening. I want someone to share lives pleasures and sadness' with.

That's what I'm trying to boil it down to.

I haven't seen enough responses to this thread as to what men want to feel, but with the few answers here, I'm picking up on:

- to feel needed, and appreciative of your efforts

- to feel respected

How does a woman show that to you?

Needed/Appreciated

- Is it by asking you to do things for her? (e.g. remove lid from jar, paint, move, etc.)

- Is it by her turning to you when she's emotional? (e.g. you listen, give advice, etc.)

- Something else?

Respected

- Please enlighten, what specifically a woman does to make you feel respected? (respects your boundaries, your opinions, how you look in public)

All of these things could come back to one simple thing...everyone wants to be accepted for exactly who they are. In the end, it is all about acceptance and respect.

G

• Like 3
In dating, I think you can pretty much have the girl if you satisfy 2 of her desires:

1- to make her feel beautiful

2- to make her feel protected.

That's how I see it, anyhow, and I'm a woman. Feel free to disagree.

I agree, although I think it works best if you can convey this without words. Or at least, not direct words.

Yet, my question is: "What do men want?"

So ... anyone, care to enlighten me? I'd love to hear the men's perspective on this.

I don't know about what all men want, but what I want is to feel like she is worth my respect and trust. I give respect freely, but trust is something else. I want to believe in her and give her everything and not have any worries or reservations. I use to give it all away when I was younger, but now....not so much.

• Author
I think it works best if you can convey this without words. Or at least, not direct words.

Yes, I agree. It carries more meaning and weight that way.

CrystalCastles
No.

Spray on tans are gross, hair color does not matter to me as long as her hair is natural, and virgins are as annoying as sluts.

Virgins are only annoying if they're religious and want to wait until marriage or if they think their virginity makes them an entitled princess.

Otherwise, a woman might be a virgin simply because she hasn't found a good guy yet and wants to wait for him to come (and no, by "good guy" I'm not talking about Mr. Right or Knight in Shining Armour or anything like that).

That's what I'm trying to boil it down to.

I haven't seen enough responses to this thread as to what men want to feel, but with the few answers here, I'm picking up on:

- to feel needed, and appreciative of your efforts

- to feel respected

How does a woman show that to you?

My ex loved my inquisitive mind. We would be laying in bed and talking, and she would just ask me stuff. She would ask me what the Large Hadron Collider , world war II, Why things worked the way they worked and how they did. She would ask me about social and political happenings and want me to teach her about them and I loved that.

It made me feel smart, desired, and like my opinions were wanted and appreciated. I felt valuable.

• Like 4
Onethirtyeight
Virgins are only annoying if they're religious and want to wait until marriage or if they think their virginity makes them an entitled princess.

Otherwise, a woman might be a virgin simply because she hasn't found a good guy yet and wants to wait for him to come (and no, by "good guy" I'm not talking about Mr. Right or Knight in Shining Armour or anything like that).

Maybe, it depends on the age I guess.

A 19 year old virgin is one thing. A 25+ year old virgin is kind of weird. You figure most women have found someone they think is "the one" by that point even if he isn't. I've also seen older virgins who wait for "the one" get clingy when they're wrong about that. I mean its normal to have sex at least once by the time you're that old.

That's just my $.02

Men want a few basic things

Someone who is on my wavelength as far as general outlook on life and relationships.

After my first love destroyed my heart, I spent months and months reflecting on all the negatives about her that I will now demand as mandatory qualities that, if not present, I know will lead to trouble. A good family background (not affluent, just quality people with a strong focus on family values and stuff), for me, is now one such requirement.

A woman who has drive to be physically fit. I'm huge into it and enjoy my time at the gym every day. I do it to improve myself and be the healthiest and most attractive man I can be. I expect no less of my partner.

Most importantly, I want a woman that can respect me enough to want to, and enjoy staying faithful, to me as I would her. Commitment is huge. I'm not trying to marry for another ten years, but at 22 the level of maturity I demand isn't exactly abundantly found.

• Author
My ex loved my inquisitive mind. We would be laying in bed and talking, and she would just ask me stuff. She would ask me what the Large Hadron Collider , world war II, Why things worked the way they worked and how they did. She would ask me about social and political happenings and want me to teach her about them and I loved that.

It made me feel smart, desired, and like my opinions were wanted and appreciated. I felt valuable.

Thanks for sharing this. You gave a concrete example of what a woman did and how it made you feel.

P.S. You really know about all that stuff? wow!

Thanks for sharing this. You gave a concrete example of what a woman did and how it made you feel.

P.S. You really know about all that stuff? wow!

My brain is a sponge in constant need for a flow of information. While I'm by no means in expert in any of those things, I know my way around them. Knowing she liked me for my brain as one of the most rewarding feelings I have ever had

• Like 2

The comedian Ron White said it best. We marry a woman who can cook and give great blow jobs. Two years later, the husband is eating TV dinners and jacking off :laugh:

Maybe, it depends on the age I guess.

A 19 year old virgin is one thing. A 25+ year old virgin is kind of weird. You figure most women have found someone they think is "the one" by that point even if he isn't. I've also seen older virgins who wait for "the one" get clingy when they're wrong about that. I mean its normal to have sex at least once by the time you're that old.

That's just my $.02

I will still a virgin up until the night before my 27th birthday and you can call me weird if you want but try losing two women you love and see how bad you want to have sex mate because sex tends to be one of the last things on your mind. My first girlfriend wanted us to save ourselves for marriage and I would be lying if I said I didn’t want to sleep with her but I respected her decision because it was her decision to make and even though she passed away and we never had sex I don’t regret it.

I never wanted to lose my virginity for the sake of it and I waited until I was with another woman I loved.

Sand Man Dan
I will still a virgin up until the night before my 27th birthday and you can call me weird if you want but try losing two women you love and see how bad you want to have sex mate because sex tends to be one of the last things on your mind. My first girlfriend wanted us to save ourselves for marriage and I would be lying if I said I didn’t want to sleep with her but I respected her decision because it was her decision to make and even though she passed away and we never had sex I don’t regret it.

I never wanted to lose my virginity for the sake of it and I waited until I was with another woman I loved.

That's resoectable man, no woman that would be compatible with you would discount you for waiting. I didn't lose mine until I was 21! Not as old but I too waited until it was with someone I loved.

Onethirtyeight

What I said doesn't apply to you. You're a guy there are way more male virgins out there. Also what do you mean by you lost two women you love? Did they die or something, if so I feel sorry for you.

What do I want? Hmm...I guess I'd like to at least kiss a girl. Not even tongue, just a peck on the lips for once in my life would be nice (I'd settle for cheek though I guess).

Outside of that, maybe a girl to go to some ballgames with me. Maybe go to a museum or something like that. Whatever.

That's what I want...

You seem bitter. You say the same thing in every thread. Create a thread so that you can get some advice.

I'm female and I do think men want the whole package, but in the examples I give, I'm speaking of men 40 and older. Unfortunately, no matter how I rewrite this, it sounds like I hate men and I really, truly, sincerely don't! I do have some baggage from my past that I try like hell not to bring to the table while dating or in a relationship, but this does come out in my list here.

1) Great sex - but with limited work or effort on their part.

2) A woman who who is drop dead gorgeous, even if they aren't.

3) A woman who makes good money and is willing to spend it the way they want to

4) A woman who is an excellent cook

5) A woman who likes everything they do OR lets them spend as much time and money as they want to on their hobbies and with their friends.

6) A woman who does all the housework and errands and never complains about it.

7) A woman who doesn't nag

8) A woman who doesn't clutter their free time with honey-do lists

9) A woman who is not as knowledgable as they are (I didn't say, "smart"- they want some brains there)

10) A woman who is not overly weepy or emotional

11) A woman who never asks them to do something they don't want to do (like see a chick flick or go shopping)

12) No drama from your friends, family, baby daddy, your kids

13) A woman who is low maintenance. One who does not expect fancy dates, weekend getaways, expensive gifts, spoiling on her birthday, Valentines Day, Christmas. A woman who doesn't demand or expect any additional contact than what you want to give while dating.

All that said, this certainly doesn't speak to all men or every man. Some men are very giving in the bedroom, some men like to putter with house projects, cooking, laundry or something. I'd like to think men may want a few of the items I listed, but not all of them!

Additionally, even if all these things are done, there's no guarantee that things will be happy. Personally, I think if a woman was doing all that I listed, she's too much of a pushover.

But I also think appearance is huge. If they don't like how a woman looks, there no physical attraction and "great sex" probably won't happen. There's still possibility of good sex.

Otherwise, a woman might be a virgin simply because she hasn't found a good guy yet and wants to wait for him to come

True.

For someone like me... I cannot have sex for the sake of having it...

To feel completely fulfilled with a guy I need to have that emotional connection first... else even if I have sex with him.. am still a virgin emotionally.... am not 100% satisfied with only sex.

To want me for me, to be loved, give me love, friendship, happiness, someone to rely on cherish and for me to love and adore them :) and oh yes, sex as a bonus of course ;)

Simples, really