Girlfriend going out extremely exposed

What's the double standard here?

I'm a guy I can pull off going to a social event wearing tight shorts a bow tie and a nice pair of dress shoes. Would girls like to be seeing in public with someone dressed so ridiculous. If I was in their shoes I would be utterly embarrassed. Respect yourself that's what it boils down to. And then girls complain why aholes make comments or even go as far as touching.

• Like 1
What's the double standard here?

I'm a guy I can pull off going to a social event wearing tight shorts a bow tie and a nice pair of dress shoes. Would girls like to be seeing in public with someone dressed so ridiculous. If I was in their shoes I would be utterly embarrassed. Respect yourself that's what it boils down to. And then girls complain why aholes make comments or even go as far as touching.

I totally agree! How many times have guys gotten dressed to go out and our girls are like, " You're not going out dressed like that, are you?!?!"

• Like 3

Have you suggested she wears a skin colored body suit under the 'costume'?

I get it's waaaaaaaay too revealing but if it's a costume for a convention - this might be a healthy 'middle ground'

• Like 1

You said it yourself, she belittled you. Basically stepped on your feelings and tossed them in the trash. She does not value you. I don't think very many boyfriends would tolerate an outfit like that unless they were accompanying her or made some sort of compromise. And clearly, she isn't willing to meet you half way.

She is clearly embarrassing herself and dragging you along in the process. She's an attention seeker, but sadly not seeking attention from you but rather everyone else.

I totally agree! How many times have guys gotten dressed to go out and our girls are like, " You're not going out dressed like that, are you?!?!"

Because us guys will go out dressed as if we are homeless.

• Like 3
Not me, I always dress to impress, that's how I roll I guess.

I would enjoy my fiance showing off the goods a little more when we go out, but this is something we talk about. I can't imagine a relationship so toxic that one person does something in spite of the other.

• Like 1

she wants you to want her, might be overdoing it with that costume, I think she is testing you, not that she is doing it consciously, it's just that she needs to feel 100% beautiful to the world (I did at one time)

I do not think she should continue with this, one shock is enough for anybody

Edited by darkmoon
  • Like 1